No announcement yet.

USA OSY 400 to UIM OSY 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You shouldn't look as this as the cost of changing the C motor to an OSY motor...If you have a C run C...
    This should be drill out and nail to every new Racer...or person looking for a new class...OSY is Stock, International, you don't buy the motor and mill and grind everything you can to make it faster...you race it...

I think it would attract more people to run it if it was just that way...not C-Light or CSH-2 or whatever third Yamato Class it is currently.

I really don't need to see the same four boats run in circles that ran in CSH with 8-10 boats. Most times i see it nowadays, people don't even pull the lead out and run again...gives the club and extra $100-150 at the expense of the program.
    ----
    Graham18ce
    Team Canada ThunderCat
    Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
    Twitter @FralickRacing
    Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

I talked to John Peters about this a year ago. He understands you can make another class.

I believe his intent is we already have another C class in the US it’s called OSY400. Why make another class?

I would fully support moving OSY to the UIM class standards as John states. One of the problem as I see it the PRO category would have to support it. It’s just like the Stock category trying to make changes in the J classes…

We would need to hear from the PRO category and the drivers on whether or not they would support it. It has become the largest class in that category. Problem that I see is they really need to listen to the drivers, if the drivers decided they wanted to do it and the category didn’t support it, it could kill their class as it is now if the drivers went that direction.
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

raceright,
        Can you send me the addresses of the local Marinas for me to check out? I just moved to Oshkosh, WI recently so if you could put together a nice list of the different places for me that would be awesome. Thanks.

Comment

I'm a member of the US Title series and I go to every race to pit for Paulie Bosinich. The title doesn't run OSY at any races except the Nationals because we can't get enough boats to show up at every race. So idk about any other PRO clubs in the country that run OSY at every race but in region 7 I don't see the PRO category supporting this. I have to go to Badger state races to race more than one race a year.. But I'm all for it
          My anger management class pisses me off!!

Comment

Originally posted by R13racer View Post
            I have not had time to read the UIM or APBA rules on this matter but what is stopping an APBA club from running the UIM OSY-400? We have had O-250 and O-350 races (World Championships) put on by APBA Clubs. Theoretically you should be able to run US OSY, CSH and UIM OSY. But like I said, I have not looked at the rules.

This will not allow for a lead in faze-in faze-out period but it might be an option.

I like the idea of having a UIM class run regularly in the US. After doing a bit of the limonze start, I still love clock starts. I really think a good driver can make up for any lack of speed with a clock start. But it would be great to race at the world stage and we (the US) can only be competitive if we race it every weekend.

Zach R-13
            Little buddy- Yes we could run UIM OSY any time we want under a local class at local races (no points). We could even run our current OSY class with a lemans start instead of clock start (still for points). Any class at any race has the option of different starts. Like i said earlier. Billy Allen and Region 1 already run the lemans start in OSY and it's a FAN favorite....give the customer what they want comes to mind...
            Kyle Bahl
            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Originally posted by Harmon-51V View Post
              I'm a member of the US Title series and I go to every race to pit for Paulie Bosinich. The title doesn't run OSY at any races except the Nationals because we can't get enough boats to show up at every race. So idk about any other PRO clubs in the country that run OSY at every race but in region 7 I don't see the PRO category supporting this. I have to go to Badger state races to race more than one race a year.. But I'm all for it
              Region 10 races SO/MOD/Pro at all/most all our races (usually 10 weekends a year). WE have a large contingent of pro osy drivers (over half at nationals had 'R' on the side of their boat) that run every weekend. This would be a big class in region 10. Also the PRO commission has 2 region 10 commisioners that may support this. But who knows, we wouldn't want to distrub the milk and cookies (insdie joke) convension at the pro commission meetings haha
              Kyle Bahl
              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

John
                Although I was rootin for AMY what you have done at Depue is pretty impressive. So as I take you to be a serious guy and will let you know how APBA politics work.
                If you want something done come to the Meeting in Janurary and be prepared to plead your case. Get with as many Pro Commissoners as you can and try to get them to help you (and I'am one).

Just talking on this site although entertaining pushing ideas throught APBA will not happen here. All you young guns would be supprised how many APBA politicans do not use a computer.

Believe me fair or not you need to plead your case in person if you trully want any change.

Comment

I have been following this thread with interest.

First of all I doubt I would personally ever run OSY/CSH; but I have a granddaughter that will be running K-Pro this year and who knows what classes the future will bring.

I do have one question: Since OSY is Outboard Stock Yamato and CSH is C Stock Hydro, why is the C Stock Hydro motor not stock and why does it have to be changed to be a legal OSY? I'm talking real UIM OSY not the Pro Division version of the class.

Comment

We run OSY at all of reg 1 races, Although Billy Allen and Mike Schmidt Probably have or have the closet to a real OSY and the rest are CSH, But we have 6-8 boats at all the races. Taunton, Mass has a beach start every year.
                    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by T Chance View Post

First of all I doubt I would personally ever run OSY/CSH; but I have a granddaughter that will be running K-Pro this year and who knows what classes the future will bring.

I do have one question: Since OSY is Outboard Stock Yamato and CSH is C Stock Hydro, why is the C Stock Hydro motor not stock and why does it have to be changed to be a legal OSY? I'm talking real UIM OSY not the Pro Division version of the class.
                      The stock APBA rules allow you to shape the gearfoot as it is pretty clubby, plus the head can be shave to a certain spec. UIM rules do not let you do this, so the motor would have to be returned back to its original condition to be raced under the UIM rules
                      Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by T Chance View Post

To answer your question OSY as I understand it is a Yamato engine run as if it was shipped directly from Japan.. CSH is basically a modified Yamato 302 so you will pay for the motor and then about $700-$800 for modifications..Makes sense right??

So basically if you have a CSH motor than you have to put it back to a crate motor as it was designed
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Got it. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                            We run OSY at all of reg 1 races, Although Billy Allen and Mike Schmidt Probably have or have the closet to a real OSY and the rest are CSH, But we have 6-8 boats at all the races. Taunton, Mass has a beach start every year.
                            If I am not mistaken Billy Allen has his boat set up for UIM down to having a paddle with him. I think he runs the same boat and motor in 20SSH.
                            Chris

Comment

Uim osy.

Well, I know that Billy has a UIM OSY compliant hydro that I built for him, and for sure owns a UIM compliant 302 with the 'clubby' foot as required. Yes, a paddle is on board.
                              When racing OSY in region one, he has been running a boat that I built for him for USA OSY and with a 302 that we all run here. Foot has been worked, and I am not sure if the head has been shaved, bet I would bet it has. Could be wrong there. That boat is a screamer, and runs well in 20ss, CSH, USA OSY, SSOA results show this to be true.
                              He has mentioned that with the UIM compliant rig, that you can for sure notice the difference in handling. I know he is not a very big Hydrorecer user, but perhaps he will chime in with some of his thoughts on this thread. I wish he would. KampKurz
                              Attached Files

Comment

Tried to post a pic of boat but don't know if I did it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X