No announcement yet.

SO Class Reduction Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great idea to go back to the basics a,b,c,d but why phase motors out if side winder yamato mercury and tahatsu are the motor of choice and people are still running old stuff whats it going to hurt. went to three races this year talked to alot of people got the same response from many people.why pay 5000.00 dollars for a new motor in todays economy to go slower.

Comment

• 1) backus do they have a hot rod class at the pros, u go to more races of them than u do stocks. and if u do get it out i will put burdick in my boat,cuz we all know u have a hard time being in front of him.

2) hey ed no disrespect at all, but i need to make it to more races outside my club to race all of u, but i remeber when u used to come to wisconsin to race. soin short see u next year in wisconsin?

3)let's get back to the topic on hand, i am on facebook if u wanna jaw back and forth it fun

Comment

• Classes

I thought the idea was also "to reduce the number of classes".
        What is wrong with?;

A- OMC, Sidewinder
        B- 15-Hot Rod 15-Sidewinder Yamato-80
        25- 25-Merc, 20-Hot Rod 20-Sidewinder Restricted-302
        C- Yamato 102 Yamato-302
        D- Mercury Tohatsu
        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

• Originally posted by PopPop View Post
          What is wrong with?;

A- OMC, Sidewinder
          C- Yamato 102 Yamato-302
          D- Mercury Tohatsu
          This is exactly what I was going to suggest (minus the 302 in 25); are you listening Kyle Bahl?

I asked around at Lawrence where the SW20 guys (potential) would rather run, in the current 20SSH or 25SSH...25SSH was the choice.

Comment

• Back in Post #210 (page 14) the hydro class structure calls out different weights for different engines within a class. Note, with this class structure, in "B Hydro" if yer running the 25XS motor, you gotta weigh 440 pounds.

Comment

• A LIMIT CUI
              B LIMIT CUI
              C LIMIT CUI
              D LIMIT CUI

AND LET THE BEST ENGINE MANUFACTURE SHOW THERE STUFF

Old stuff in committee control as special event

Let the strongest survive

Comment

• I would agree, classes need to have the same max cubic inch limit for every engine eligible to run in it. And, in my mind, all engines new or old which have been approved at one time or another ought to be able to still compete in that class.

However, we all know that improvements in engine design have caused some engines to develop more HP per cubic inch than others. The 25XS is a good example. Boats driven by those motors can beat many a C hydro.

The way I see it, which is the way not everyone else might see it, is not to create a class for the 25XS, but to add some weight to it and keep it in B hydro where it fits.

I don't see the solution being to lower the engine height or dictate some boat design requirement. Besides, lots of folks who like to run the 25xs are not exactly 'lightweights' if you'll pardon the expression. Nope.... they are good ole boys who enjoy pasta and good old American Beer, coffee ice cream, or whoopee pies. And, there are some girls/women (thank you) who are of the same mindset. As it stands now, those people are 'out of the pool' weight-wise, and a paperbag boat isn't going to get it for them.

If one brand of engine in the same cubic inch class is consistently running away with things, then add some weight to it. Weight will affect acceleration, thereby limiting top speed attainable on the straightaway. Same same for A, C, D classes.

Can we do this in APBA?

Comment

• I just bought the new Merc J motor to take my son racing. It's been a few years but I used to run 25 and D runabout. Comin back because its the best of group people I have ever met. I haven't committed to a class yet and the 14 pages before this thread is the reason why. Class consoildation needs to get done, I coming back for my kid and because I miss racing. If I was a complete newby I would probably never get started. A,B,C.D figure the rest out as we go, there's alot good ideas on the prior pages. Real runabouts rollup.
                  Last edited by schmitzer; 10-03-2010, 07:34 PM. Reason: miss spell

Comment

• Seems simple

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
                    What is wrong with?;

A- OMC, Sidewinder
                    C- Yamato 102 Yamato-302
                    D- Mercury Tohatsu
                    The only change I would like from this is keep a 20SSH class because of its popularity, you could also pull the 302 and 80 to its own class. I think you would minimize driver displacement.

Easy to understand easier to inspect....

Comment

• Originally posted by PopPop View Post
                      What is wrong with?;

A- OMC, Sidewinder
                      C- Yamato 102 Yamato-302
                      D- Mercury Tohatsu
                      Don't forget the Merc in A. This seems reasonable. A question on 25 class in this structure? Can we really run 20ci hot rod/sidewinders at 65 mph with a 25ss merc motor doing 72? Slow down the merc? This also seems like the 20 hydro class with 25ss merc added in...
                      Kyle Bahl
                      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

• Looking in my 2010 Rulebook, I am unable to find the 20 SSH Class... could someone tell me what page it is on? I'm trying to help a "newby" get started.

Comment

• In the online version at APBA-RACING.com its the 4th and 5 pages for hieght and such. 14th page has the motors allowed. I did not look for hull specs.
                          Gene Schertz 26V
                          TEAM CAFFEINE
                          Cranked up and ready to Roll
                          Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by 26V View Post
                            In the online version at APBA-RACING.com its the 4th and 5 pages for hieght and such. 14th page has the motors allowed. I did not look for hull specs.
                            Thanks Kev,
                            Cuppa joe on me, mon !!
                            Alex

Comment

• And, I also seem to have forgotten: What is the difference between the Sidewinder S in A Hydro, and the Sidewinder H in BSH?

Comment

• Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                                And, I also seem to have forgotten: What is the difference between the Sidewinder S in A Hydro, and the Sidewinder H in BSH?
                                head CC's , port height and carb
                                Oh and Gene is 26V, Kev is 43V (on here) I switched from 43V to 6V cause it fits on the boats better
                                Last edited by Kev43V; 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM.

"The Coffee Guy"
                                TEAM CAFFEINE
                                Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                                " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Working...
                                X