Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
    Don, and everyone
    I am more than happy to run B with the 20,s so you and everyone else do not have to watch 4 boat parades. in the wasted time of 2 heats
    while it is rarely a case in our region. How do you feel about:
    if we have 5 CSH and 4 20's they all go out together? scored separately of course!
    Kev: PLEEEEAAASE, ask Don about the 2 heats and the time necessary to run OSY-400 (aka C Hydro-light)!!!
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
      Kev: PLEEEEAAASE, ask Don about the 2 heats and the time necessary to run OSY-400 (aka C Hydro-light)!!!
      Ed we have reasonably full fields in SOY 400, PP had seven each day
      thats 350.00 for the weekend in what we charge for entries. almost ALL of those drivers are running at least CSH or 20 also. I doubt our clubs (and DRIVERS) want to stop running SOY.

"The Coffee Guy"
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

• Osy

we usually have 10 or so OSY's at BSOA/MRC races and usually more than CSH as we have a few drivers who only run OSY as they don't want to add 80 lbs of lead to make CSH weight. PP this year was the exception with 11 CSH's on Sat and 8 or so OSY's. Final results listed do not count entries that scored 0 points like Carter Olson in OSY on Sunday.

Bill
        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

• Osy-400

I didn't mean to hijack this thread but, why doesn't your club just run CSH two times per day, once with weights and once without as a special event? I really don't understand running a C Stock Hydro in a PRO class.
          14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• I just wanted to chime in here as to the way the steering commitee was going and why if wasn't reinstated or continued. First the effort John and his group spent putting together a future timeline for Stock Racing was great. The downfall was the Sidewinder was going to play a huge role in the plan. As the years went by the Sidewinders progress was slow and wasn't able to keep up with the timetable set. After the 3rd year when the Mercury was going to be banned from the A class things became very unstable. I think if we were to start now we might have a better shot at getting things done now. Give the 2010 SORC credit for getting the Sidewinder legal in all the classes now. Now if the Sidewinders progress keeps progressing so we all see it as a viable motor choice for the classes its legal in, we will be cooking. I feel until the Sidewinder is very competitive in the class its racing in we should not ban any motor until then. The Sidewinder has a tall order to fill and hopefully they are up to it. We thank Ed and Ron for there effort as it is a huge one. Keep up the good work. Hope to see everyone in Detroit with a postive look forward attitude. Mikey
            Last edited by mike ross; 09-23-2010, 06:31 PM.
            mike ross

Comment

• OSY - CSH what's the difference?

Ed,

how is Stock Outboard going to do a better job of promoting itself this year?

Will we get to spend the bulk of the time in Detroit discussing promo issues?

Bill

Bill Pavlick

Comment

I didn't mean to hijack this thread but, why doesn't your club just run CSH two times per day, once with weights and once without as a special event? I really don't understand running a C Stock Hydro in a PRO class.
                Thats why your the chairman
                the above comment is a joke

"The Coffee Guy"
                TEAM CAFFEINE

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

" IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

• no it's not a joke

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                  Thats why your the chairman
                  the above comment is a joke
                  Ed does not like OSY.

Bill

Bill Pavlick

Comment

• Sorc

Ed,

I would like your help in getting the SORC to help MRC fund a brand new complete CSH (302) that we can have on display and for sale to a new name racer only at the Kev's Coffee info booth. We need this as we all know the ABC's of selling - Always Be Closing - and if you do not have product sitting there that they can look at and touch it is difficult if not impossible to close the deal. Kev takes credit cards BTW.

Please forgive MRC in advance in case this rig gets used in OSY.

thanks,
                    Bill

PS - I am serious about the SORC helping us get this rig.
                    Last edited by BP125V; 09-23-2010, 02:37 PM.

Bill Pavlick

Comment

• Originally posted by BP125V View Post
                      Ed does not like OSY.

Bill

He just needs a joy ride in the BLUE DEVIL ....
                      BOPP

Comment

• [QUOTE=14-H;166577]"John: I will say this again as I've said it 100 times in the past: The problem with this analysis is that there are no new engines sitting on pallats ready for shipment."

Are there unfilled orders? Your perception of how small businesses operate in the real world is flawed.

"The years that were proposed were arbitrary, pulled right out of thin air and had no basis in fact. "

I will say this again as I've said it 100 times in the past: The time table was only meant to be a starting point in 2007 and was always proposed as flexible. The plan or any part of it could only be implemented by the elected members of the SORC.

"There was and is no guarantee that there will be sufficient new engines to meet the demand created by the phased out engines."

Guarantee? Is there a guarantee from any other manufacturers? Has there ever been? Order a motor and you will get a motor. You don't know what their production capacity is!
                        The older engines would not begin to be phased out(3 years) before the SORC was confident that the transition to the new engine was successful. Use some common sense, none of this stuff is written in stone!

"It is akin to living in "La-La Land" by establishing those arbitrary dates for phasing the old engines out."
                        Never been there, sounds like fun.

"Even more disturbing, the SORC that implemented that plan also approved aftermarket parts for the engines that were supposed to be phased out."

I agree, very inconsistant.

" It also, unilaterally killed an engine that is still in production to this day in favor of one that has not been produced for over a decade in the A class."

Unilaterally? No. It was done by vote of the commission, just like it was undone this past year, and it was done in favor of the new Sidewinder. Remember the agreement made between the SORC and Racing Outboards in 2007 to promote the Sidewinders in three classes in order to open up the largest market possible within Stock Outboard?

"The better plan, and the one I still support"

Better? That is your opinion.

", is to permit new engines to come into the classes and manage the parity."

I think our limited valuable time would be better spent discussing promotion stragedies, regional growth, finances and all the other issues we face year in and year out that never seem to get addressed, rather than trying to acheive parity.
                        The problems created with trying to manage parity cause as much consternation as an unstable or in this case an undefined class structure. Rules, rules and more rules. You lawyers love your rules. Change this year then change something else next year. Year after year changing something constantly. Grease the squeaky wheel. Penalize the people that work the hardest to win within the rules. All the while driving up costs for everybody to remain competitive.

You want parity? Talk about things that drive people away!

" It worked in the J, AXS,C and D classes (although VERY slow in C). It will work in A, B and 25 too."

Whether any parity efforts have worked or will work is subjective.
                        Last edited by csh2z; 09-24-2010, 03:58 AM.
                        John Runne
                        2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

I do agree, however, on a national level, that we need to reduce the number of classes. We have 2 A Hydro classes, 2 A runabout classes, 2 B Hydro classes, 2 C Hydro classes, and 2 C Runabout classes in Stock Outboard. There is no need for this.

please explain where we have 2 AH, 2 BH in stock?

On the other hand, NONE of this equipment should be eliminated. It should have a home in Stock where it is still competitive. The members believe this. It is the message from last fall's election. I am still committed to making sure that happens along with making sure that new equipment has a home and is competitive as well.
                          Does this include the ONLY NEW Sidewinder that was able to compete for points the entire season?

"The Coffee Guy"
                          TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

• Ed, yes approving aftermarket parts for the OMC was inconsistent with the “plan”. On the other hand the OMC is the main motor for A and they have to run long enough for the new motors to take up the slake. Beaching them for lack of parts before the new A motor was ready would really have hurt the A class.<O</O
                            Gene Schertz 26V
                            TEAM CAFFEINE
                            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
                              Matt, you cant throw out the baby with the bathwater. You would really be opposed because of a fin?

Your brother wont have anyone to race against soon? BTW that rig is crazy fast!

What I wrote is not all or nothing, lets keep it roll up if that is what most people want. Personally, I think your bros rig would still win against sidefins.

Think bigger picture, imagine 10 BSR all HotRods and Sidewinders every weekend. It could happen, but it won't the way we are structured now. I cant, and wont, recommend the current B classes to any new name racer the way it exists today.

We have more BSR's now than we do CSR's on the water.
                              under the proposal a NEW name 140 lb person will have 1 viable option A
                              unless ofcourse he runs out to the motor store and buys a an old Hot rod so he/she can utilize your step-up plan. Is that REALLY what we want new people to do to have to do?

"The Coffee Guy"
                              TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

• So where are we at with all of this?

We certainly can’t assume that the category has spoken and we know what they want or what is best based on the 20 people on here.
                                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X