On the road to Oroville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100ccH

J Dub just made it out of the pits before stalling. Wart has lost his window on air density , so he's decided he's done. The 1100cc is cleaning spark plugs and going to make another go at it, but I think we're close to the end of the event once Dub's done.

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

A light wind chop is spreading across the course...the air is cooling. This may be more to Scarlatta's liking, especially after watching him go thru a very similar scenario at D-Lake.

J dub. First pass at 126.524.
      A beutiful run. Unfortunately was not able to back it up with a return run and went dead at the far end.

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
        A beutiful run. Unfortunately was not able to back it up with a return run and went dead at the far end.

R-19
        HOLY S***! 126! Too bad he went dead...do it again!
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
          A light wind chop is spreading across the course...the air is cooling. This may be more to Scarlatta's liking, especially after watching him go thru a very similar scenario at D-Lake.

R-19
          126+ amazing. With a little luck JW will get it done.

Thanks for the updates Pat. On a side note the Huskies thank the Cougs for knocking off the Bruins in mens basketball today.

Jim

Comment

The best for last

Scarlatta ran his first pass at 125.038. His second pass was at 123.384 for an average of 124.211; again not quite enough for the record, where he needs to go 125.8.

He's trying again. First pass of 126.595; a balk and a stall on the return.

And I believe that's all, folks.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

The last 10 years we made few kilo runs, the gearcase and to a lesser extent the shear pins were the weak link. Always broke at the end of the run, wouldn't want that to happen in mid run. What do you think top speed was on the 126.5 run Oroville is long enough but still I don't think 126 at the first trap. I seen high speeds but boat warped and started walking. With the new hp interesting how fast we (any 500-1100) can go.

Comment

postscript

One more set of runs from Scarlatta to cap off the day: 1st pass, 125.812; second pass at 120.072, for an average of 122.942.

I'll try to post some pics later. That's all from the race site.

We hope you enjoyed our coverage. Don't forget to stay tuned for rest stop to rest stop coverage of The Trip Home!

R-19
                Blacksheep Racing
                "We're kind of a Big Deal."
                www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Thanks Pat and all! I enjoyed the coverage. Have a safe trip back home!
                  Sean Byrne

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the play by play Pat!
                    Hey, on your trip home, ask Corey to tell you the story about the airline stewardess and the hole in his pants. (Classic Corey)
                    93-C

Comment

• Thanks Pat
                      I for one, enjoyed the play by play
                      I think it would be cool to have good IP cams. Then broadcast races(or kilos) over the net.
                      3 cams: one for each corner and one for the starting line.
                      feed the audio from the announcer over the web too.
                      how cool would that be? and how much would it cost?

"The Coffee Guy"
                      TEAM CAFFEINE
                      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

• Sampling the Fine Cuisine of Oroville

Note to those of you coming here for the Nats in 2010: plan a breakfast or two at the Waffle House. Good food, big aas portions, entertaining waitstaff and smart aas customers.

A lovely steak and egg breakfast for under 8 bucks. It laid a fine foundation for what is sure to be Big Things today.

R-19
                        Blacksheep Racing
                        "We're kind of a Big Deal".
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post

Good food, big aas portions. It laid a fine foundation for what is sure to be Big Things today.
                          Thanks for that note Pat
                          Sean Byrne

Comment

• Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                            Thanks Pat
                            I think it would be cool to have good IP cams. Then broadcast races(or kilos) over the net.

That would really be cool to webcast events like this, but I'd settle for Podcasts to start with.

Since most of the race sites I get to are pretty remote from towns, it would take someone with a satellite internet connection in their RV to do live. There are a few racers that have this, but to my knowledge, none have ever offered to be part of a webcast.

It could probably be done with some of the web meeting set up and wouldn't cost much at all other than the satellite internet for the remote race sites.

Comment

• Hey Pat,

What did JW have on the transom for 1100H? What happend to the Looper experiment?

Thanks for the reports...great diversion from the snow and cold in Ohio.

D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                                Thanks Pat
                                No individual or club that is a part of Stock Outboard Racing / APBA has enough money to do this correctly. For example the footage shown live on SpeedBox TV is done via a fully equipped satellite video production truck.

Sam is also correct since the majority of races are held in very remote location this makes getting a strong signal even more difficult.

This is the company I use at work when I need to do a live stream two camera switch shoot from our main meeting room.

http://www.bexel.com/
                                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Working...
                                X