On the road to Oroville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In The Midnight Hour

It's 12:04 am: Do you know where your Blacksheep are?

Well, I'll tell ya: Sitting in the middle of the I-5 Lake Shasta Scurves going nowhere because 3 trucks are about a hundred feet ahead of us going nowhere, for no apparent reason. We sent Corey in his thong out for a look-see. He's probably beer-hunting.

R-19
    Blacksheep Racing
    "We're kind of a Big Deal."
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

What a difference an Hour Makes

1 am and we are steaming into Red Bluff. Shortly after the last post, traffic started inexplicably rolling once more, which caused a startled Corey to sprint back to the already moving Dub Shack, to the amazement of cat-calling and wolf whistling truckers along both sides of the I-5 corridor. His liquid beverage made it unscathed; and I believe he had dollar bills under his thong...but I ain't going looking for them.

A little over an hour to go....

R-19
      Last edited by sponsonhead; 02-20-2009, 02:43 AM.
      www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Touchdown.

Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.

R-19
        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Anyone awake yet?
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Live from the Waffle House

Friday am finds us a little serene and out of touch with reality as we dropped the trailer and ran into town for breakfast.

Things are pretty calm yet cuz Deadbody's meds have not kicked in yet.

Sunshine and warm. Pictures to follow.

R-19
            Blacksheep Racing
            "We're kind of a Big Deal."
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

You guys got room on that trailer to pick up a boat on the way back? It needs some single tab on the bottom. Can J-Dub git 'er done before he works on that hair dryer boat?
              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
              sigpic
              Portland, Oregon
              Johnson Racing

Comment

Kay and I will be up later this afternoon. Darrell Sorensen bunked at the house last night and took my 12 ft alum as a kicker boat with him at 0700 this a.m.
                Anyone from your group going to the winternationals. Need a 102 taken that I sold.
                bill b

Comment

Full House

Originally posted by Cameraboy View Post
                  You guys got room on that trailer to pick up a boat on the way back? It needs some single tab on the bottom. Can J-Dub git 'er done before he works on that hair dryer boat?
                  That's a big negatory. Unfortunately the trailer is pretty much full with the capsule boat on top and the trailer owner's 2 boats on the other bunks. When I start posting pics you will see why.

Dub says he was wondering why he never heard back from you.

R-19
                  www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
                    That's a big negatory. Unfortunately the trailer is pretty much full with the capsule boat on top and the trailer owner's 2 boats on the other bunks. When I start posting pics you will see why.

Dub says he was wondering why he never heard back from you.

R-19
                    Cuz his Miiiiiiilllllliiiioooonnnnns! initial quote scared me off . Looks like Mrs. Camerboy is making a banzai run to Blacksheep World Headquarters.
                    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                    sigpic
                    Portland, Oregon
                    Johnson Racing

Comment

Hair Dryer???

Pat,

Is Mike talking Dog Hair Dryer or Hog Hair Dryer boat ????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Deano.........................
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Cuz his Miiiiiiilllllliiiioooonnnnns! initial quote scared me off . Looks like Mrs. Camerboy is making a banzai run to Blacksheep World Headquarters.
                        Hair Dryer Budget...Hair Dryer Prices.

Deano - I believe it's Dog Hair.

R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

It needs some single tab on the bottom. Can J-Dub git 'er done before he works on that hair dryer boat?

You'd better hope J dub doesn't put some three tab on the bottom
                          Sattler Racing R-15
                          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                          TEAM VRP
                          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                            You'd better hope J dub doesn't put some three tab on the bottom
                            It's already got a three-tab bottom.
                            Works fine with a 130 lb dude (Stevie Hoot's old rig - hey Rick, remember that one?), but "Ralph" the driver says he's a little beefier now - probably from the liquid diet
                            Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                            sigpic
                            Portland, Oregon
                            Johnson Racing

Comment

Originally posted by cameraboy View Post
                              it's Already Got A Three-tab Bottom.
                              Works Fine With A 130 Lb Dude (stevie Hoot's Old Rig - Hey Rick, Remember That One?), But "ralph" The Driver Says He's A Little Beefier Now - Probably From The Liquid Diet
                              Darean Is Picking A Boat Up From Us In Redding I Am Not Sure If He Has Room. You Would Have To Talk To Him.

RICHARD J BIRD
                              TEAM
                              MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
                              THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
                              MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Friday Testing Recap

Once we got back from breakfast, the day got started in earnest. As one would expect, Bob Wartinger logged a bunch of testing in his kilo boat for the UIM OSY400 record (not to be confused with APBA PRO OSY).

Rich Fuschslin showed up with their 350 Runabout and Paul made a number of blistering test runs. Lonnie Morris was hard at work with his D Mod Runabout, and Steve Greaves and Mike Cruver did a lot of C Racing Runabout/Antique testing.

We finally got to see the Mystery Motor: Zach and Dwight Malhiot have sawed a half-busted 350 Konig on half and came up with a dandy little 2 cylinder 175cc engine. If all goes well, they'll be setting benchmark APBA kilo records for 175ccH and 175ccR. After tinkering with setup issues throughout the day, they finally hit on something that could get them out and back under their own power, all sounding pretty neat in the process.

As for Blacksheep Racing, it took about 3/4 of a day of futzing, but eventually Corey got a good test run with the 700cc Konny running well into 3 digits.

The weather today was total shirtsleeves and sunny. A great day to hang out at the lake and watch boats go fast. I've got pictures, but J Dub's computer has internet, mine does not, and without a USB cable or a memory stick I don't have an easy way to get them on this laptop. We'll see what we can try tomorrow.

Pizza is cooking in the oven of the Dubshack and I'm getting Hungry.

5 entries for this event; 3 APBA Record attempters and 2 Region 11 record entries. Sure wish there were more entries here...

R-19
                                Blacksheep Racing
                                "We're kind of a Big Deal"
                                www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X