Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dholt View Post
    Hey Pat,

What did JW have on the transom for 1100H? What happend to the Looper experiment?

Thanks for the reports...great diversion from the snow and cold in Ohio.

D.
    Jdub was running a 700 Konny
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• Into Southern Oregon

I've spent most of the morning reviewing the 663 photos I took yesterday for the creme de la creme to post here. I think you'll like a few of these.

In a weekend of racing marred by driver error, young Dubski ran the primary tank dry at the top of the Siskiyous. We're on the secondary tank now...although we had to crack the bonnet and shoot a little starting fluid down the gullet to get the Shack mobile again.

As a follow up to yesterday: After the 126+ pass, J Dub was getting the boat lined up for the return trip when a slight driver malfunction shot a little water into the carbs. Game over. Still, for the first time in the boat, the kid did alright, and boat owner Corey is not ready to do an Ellstrom to Dub...yet.

R-19
      Blacksheep Racing
      "We're kind of a Big Deal."
      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

• About that 95 Percent Rule

Some of you armchair boat racer types just might have looked at J Dub's average run of 117+, and thought 'that must be within 95 percent of the existing record. Shouldn't that be a new record?'

Ok: Here's the thing:

The current record is 122.376 and 95% of that is 116.257. According to the letter of the rule, yes the run exceeded 95 percent of the old speed. All that said, Blacksheep Racing wants a record only if it breaks the current mark. With a one way pass of 126.5 going upwind, had not the snafu happened on the turnaround, the return pass most likely would have been as fast if not slightly faster.

Out of respect to guys like John Stevens who let it all hang out at over 120 out there in the wind, Blacksheep Racing feels like Stevens should keep that record just a little bit longer, or at least until J Dub, Sean, or someone with a capsule can break the record straight up...which surely will happen.

I didn't get the word from the inspector, but I believe J Dub was DQ'd for a missing seal, questionable adherence to the PRO category dress code, or something else equally serious.

There's always next time.

Respectfully yours,

Blacksheep Racing
        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• Picture time

Pucker up Buttercup, and enjoy these.

R-19
          Attached Files
          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• And some of these

Here's a few more shots.

R-19
            Attached Files
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• Sheer Reflection

Ever hear anyone say "the water was like glass"?

For Bob Wartinger, it really was.

R-19
              Attached Files
              www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
                Pucker up Buttercup, and enjoy these.

R-19

WOW!!! Great Pics! Now I really wish I would have come along. Dang
                Sattler Racing R-15
                350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                TEAM VRP
                The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• 1100 H

I think that was a very honorable thing for Blacksheep racing to do.I would feel the same way if I didn't run over the old record.

Comment

• congrats

J-Dub,
                    Great job this weekend!!!! More impressed with throwing out the 95% rule and going for it all. True racer my man. Hope you will be at Depue again and come by and give the fans a few minutes with me on the PA, I would love for them to get to know your story!!!

Pat, Thanks for the great picture, nothing like being able to read the newspaper on the other side of that beautiful Karelson(SP), WOW what lift.

Ray

Comment

• Nice Sack, JW

And nice pics, Patrick. Wave as you roll through (should be soon).
                      Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                      sigpic
                      Portland, Oregon
                      Johnson Racing

Comment

• Almost there

After a quick jump off the Interstate to take The Browns to The Super Bowl, the Dub Shack is clean as a whistle and setting up for final approach.

All personal electronic devices have been stowed, and our seat backs are being returned to their upright and locked positions.

Is there still time to lose my luggage?

R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• Home Again Home Again.

Back safe and sound at Blacksheep World Headquarters. Thanks to all our Region 11 friends for a great weekend and to Rick Bird for Technical Assistance. We hope you enjoyed the coverage.

Snap The Wrist; Walk Away.

R-19
                          Blacksheep Racing
                          "We're kind of A Big Deal."
                          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

• Luggage?

Is that the luggage from the waffle house? Thanks for posting Pat-that was very fun (and funny) to follow. Sorry you guys missed the oscars. Bernie Madoff did not get best actor.

Comment

• the 1100H hangs like a C hydro!!! Very cool looking. Thanks for the story Pat, gave me some entertainment for the weekend. Glad you guys got home ok, see ya soon!
                              28-R

Comment

• Looks good JW. I would have had him pull the mirrors. Then maybe you could have went 130 mph. Glad to see you haven't lost them juevos my friend. Hope to see you soon Mikey
                                mike ross

Comment

Working...
                                X