Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know You Have Boat Racing On The Brain When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydroplaning

You Know You Have Boat Racing On The Brain When...

You're listening to the traffic report during a heavy downpour and motorists are being warned to stay away from certain low-lying areas due to standing water and the potential hazards of hydroplaning. And you realize that these days, sadly, most people probably think that only cars can "hydroplane".

Originally posted by sam View Post
    Must be terrible having to drive past "Lyons Creek Road" every day
    I will neither confirm, nor deny...
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Funny Sam...

I have an "Augustine Lane" right down the road. The Spring can't come soon enough! GL
      Future J dad!

Comment

Pack Rat Syndrome

You've probably got it pretty bad when you look around and see scorched pistons, broken propellers, and pieces of destroyed boats still on shelves in your "office" and they are still there more than ten years after the fact. I guess that's what I see right now after coming in from shoveling the driveway.

Comment

Thinking of boat racing

You come on a red light that is about 8 sec from you and you try and start just as the red goes to green without junping or backing off.

Comment

You know you have boat racing on the mind when...

Every year driving to Pullman you pass Dewald Road and wonder if Craig will do a discounted prop for you for the sign post!
            Kyle Bahl
            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Conversion Kit

I bought a Jiffy ice auger the other day and about five minutes after owning it I thought, "I wonder how fast this would go if we put it on a tower..."

Comment

Originally Posted by Dennis Crews
                I saw a lady the other day that had some 'odd' looking shoes on. Then my brain said "wait... those look kind of like a Krier runabout!"

Should I seek professional help?

Originally posted by Merc1 View Post
                Was she a Keebler Elf?

When you talk to you wife at least twice a day about boat racing, even if you know she's NOT listening!
                No, she was not a Keebler Elf but "if the shoe fits".....

And the talking to the wife thing.....done that a bunch lately. She has mastered the obligatory " yep, uh-huh, that's nice, great...." responses while not interrupting her current thought process. Oh well, at least it is a response!
                "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

I used people's boat numbers to memorize my social security number when I was eight years old and that is STILL the way I remember it.

Comment

This is how I feel about boat racing and if I had the time I would make a video!

Here is the commercial:
                    Tootsie roll Commercial
                    "The world looks mighty good to me, cause Tootsie Rolls are all I see. Whatever it is I think I see... becomes a Tootsie Roll to me.

Tootsie Roll how I want your chocolatey chew. Tootsie Roll I think I'm in love with you. Whatever it is I think I see... becomes a Tootsie Roll to me."

Here is my version of the song:

"The world looks mighty good to me, cause Boat Racing is all I see. Whatever it is I think I see becomes... Boat Racing to me.

Boat Racing how I need your 2 stroke spew. Boat racing I think I'm in love with you. Whatever it is I think I see becomes... Boat Racing to me."

Comment

Texas Hold em'

Anybody play poker? Hands like 6A-Mike Cook, 3K- Shawn Kiddy, 3Q- Bobby Difebo, 3J- Dylan Runne, sure make it hard to get away from racing. None of these hands are 'keepers', but I tend to play them just because they are all good friends and would feel bad by folding. GL
                      Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by 22W View Post
                        I used people's boat numbers to memorize my social security number when I was eight years old and that is STILL the way I remember it.
                        Ryan, I did the exact same thing when I was a kid and it too is still how I remember it today.
                        Joe Silvestri
                        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                        JH/JR

Comment

Every once in a while I have to go out to the garage and get in the boat and imagine I am racing. I call it "Dry Racing". If you have a great imagination you can really get after it and believe it or not, I have never lost a race in 30 years out in the garage. The funny part of it is when your wife or kids happen to walk out to the garage and catch you. I think they wonder if they should call 911 for the mental hospital!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Miller
                          34-0
                          (Still mourning the OU football game)

Comment

How bout, last night...I came home from work, painted a mid section, then started installing the throttle on the powerhead. I'm opening and closing it to check the buttlerfly making engine Tim the Toolman Taylor type sounds...I thought it was just me, but i got this sense someone was watching....So, I look over my left shoulder to see my wife standing in the driveway holding back from cracking up....When she saw I saw her she lost it.....

Certifiable? maybe!
                            Bill Schwab
                            Miss KTDoodle #62C
                            -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

You know you have boat racing on the brain when...

You find yourself carting your wife and two kids off on a 3 hour excursion to find an old sand pit you saw on Google Earth that would be perfect for a race, only to find it has been blocked off on a dirt road about three miles before you reach it. Then, after seeing the gate and the camera watching the gate asking your wife, "do you think I should just open the gate, its not locked?"

You know you have boat racing on the brain when...

You find yourself hiking a mile and a half through farmland and woods when you see a sign for Perrineville Lake, only to find a small V-shaped goose pond. However, you still trying to figure out where we could mill, and determining a course.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skoontz View Post
                                How bout, last night...I came home from work, painted a mid section, then started installing the throttle on the powerhead. I'm opening and closing it to check the buttlerfly making engine Tim the Toolman Taylor type sounds...I thought it was just me, but i got this sense someone was watching....So, I look over my left shoulder to see my wife standing in the driveway holding back from cracking up....When she saw I saw her she lost it.....

Certifiable? maybe!
                                Oh, about November or so, I walked out to the garage and found Jeff caressing the pickle of his hydro saying " I know, I know (like to you talk to a dog, in the higher octave) I miss you too". He turned around and I was standing there, I said as I was walking back into the house,,, "I'm worried about you," leaving him laughing like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X