Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know You Have Boat Racing On The Brain When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or when your driving down 480 in cleveland and you see a blue dodge dakota and it reminds you of Brian Williams and you get next to him and realize it is Him so you start to merge lanes to force him into the median of the freeway while you stick your head out the window to see his reaction.
    MJR Composites racing...cleveland division

Comment

Trying to go to sleep!

You know got it bad when, you lay in bed every nite and have to make yourself stop thinking about boat racing so you can go to sleep! I know im not the only one! TOP GUN!!
      DUSTIN HAMILTON TOP GUN RACING 11-Z
      No Backing Out

Comment

When driving by the lake we test on every week,

and it's closed so Greebes can have sex but the the water keeps calling us there.....

So, I sit at Hernandez Hideaway at the water front eating fish tacos drinking a Hacker Pschoor Weise with lemon, attempting to mastermind ways to get on the lake without getting caught.....

Trying to figure how many laps around the course we might get in before the Sheriff would arrive......

Then conceived a plot to keep most of the squad cars busy to divert resources long enough to get off the lake in time..........

Got stumped at how a neon yellow and pink boat could be camouflaged.....
        Bill Schwab
        Miss KTDoodle #62C
        -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Boat Racing on the Brain

When you have to take the kicker boat first on the lake and you buddy is in the back stearing and you are leaning over the bow with an axe chopping the ice up because the first 100 yards out from the shore is frozen. Then you idle out through the frozen chunks and test out in the center where the lake is open.

Buy the way, after the lake gets a little choppy you can't tell where the edge of the ice is and it make a heck of a racket when you hit it at full bore. But we found the boat and lower unit held up.

Right Bill?

Comment

When your driving down the road and you set the speed of your car to match the speed of your boat and try to count down the time to get to the next telephone pole practicing for your runs at the clock. (Learned that one from the Old Man when he would drive at J-runabout speed in the old van)
            Last edited by Moon child; 01-07-2009, 11:53 PM.
            Dave W. Young
            95-D
            "Roll it up or roll it back on the trailer"

Comment

I've been racing for 22 years. I've never done that, but now that you mention it, it sounds like a great idea! That scares me!!
              Shane Hebert
              15L

Comment

You have it bad when.....

You name your first born son after a boat racer you admired as a child, and look up to as an adult. Tab Hebert was named after Tab Buford. He is also a child of a boat racer, who every time sees a body of water says "hey, there's a boat race lake" and every time he sees a motorhome, he says "There's Rick Miller".
                Shane Hebert
                15L

Comment

Great thread...

Has anyone gone out and sat in the boat trailer, just to smell the gas and wet kevs? I need a fix every week or so... Greg
                  Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by wagner-racing16-s View Post
                    Or when your driving down 480 in cleveland and you see a blue dodge dakota and it reminds you of Brian Williams and you get next to him and realize it is Him so you start to merge lanes to force him into the median of the freeway while you stick your head out the window to see his reaction.
                    There is where the Lane changing comment came from. But once I realized who it was, it was time to bang sponsons (fenders)! Besides, I had the inside lane - can't give that up without a fight! LOL

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                    Has anyone gone out and sat in the boat trailer, just to smell the gas and wet kevs? I need a fix every week or so... Greg
                    Nothing smells as good as the boat trailer on the first day of Spring! Of course this is the same box that makes your eyes water on the Monday after a race in August. LOL
                    Brian 10s

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                      I get into mine at least once a week. I also fire up the duck boat to smell two stroke often. I guess we are Junkies....
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by jtb View Post
                        My monitor wouldn’t turn upside down (cables too short). I had to spell it out on paper
                        If you're using Windows and a decent graphics card, you can flip it by pressing ctrl-alt-arrow down.

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                        LOL Just make sure you dont flip it in a race
                        Hmmm...DMH at Beloit in '95. DSH at Rochelle in .07. Gee I thought everyone was expressing what they thought about me! Now I see they were just reading my boat numbers upside down!
                        Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
                        You know you got it bad when you take a break to check Hydroracer at work and see your wife is already on it from home!
                        I can top that. While on turn boat duty and waiting thru down time, I whip out my cell phone to check out Hydroracer.
                        Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                        I get into mine at least once a week. I also fire up the duck boat to smell two stroke often. I guess we are Junkies....
                        A couple weeks ago, I used the last of my leftover mixed marathon gas in my 4stroke snowblower. The smell of that took me back to the races.

Comment

For us we just go to the races!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lake Placid this weekend, here we come!!! Sorry Northern boys
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Thats why we love you.............

Y'ALL ARE ALL CRAZY.

From a woman's perspective --- I go into the kitchen and make something good from the "The Boat Racers' guide to Fueling up" cookbook. Doesn't smell like fuel, but smells like the site around the Augustine, Williams, Jennings, Nichols, Rice, and Spencer campers in the summer.

Come on summer - after ski season, of course!!!
                            Last edited by Check-book; 01-08-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I run a few ounces of Castor Oil in my weedwacker, Honda Generators, 4-wheeler, snow blower, etc just to simulate the smell of the Pro Pits.
                              Sattler Racing R-15
                              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                              TEAM VRP
                              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 72@E View Post
                                You Know You Have Boat Racing On The Brain When..
                                Must be terrible having to drive past "Lyons Creek Road" every day

Comment

Working...
                                X