Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Proposals for National Meeting...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol !......
    Last edited by Jeff Akers; 02-09-2009, 09:30 PM.
    93-C

Comment

• Funny links about this mirror issue.

The first is why you need a mirror in a laydown:
      click here for image

The second is what you would see testing on the Hudson river!
      click here for image

Comment

• Josh Kimble

Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
        Totally agree here. So who runs mirrors, and what kind, that hold up under FE vibrations?
        Josh thinks he has a decent mirror for laydown. I spoke to him last night about it. He runs them on his Pro rig.

My understanding is they are there, use them if you can or want to. I highly doubt you will be able to see anything more than a very blurred image or simply black in any mirror on a FEH that is not spinning at max RPM. You might then, but then at near 100MPH who is gonna worry about mirrors ? I am worried about how fast that turn is coming up and what kind of water is way up in front of me.

At any rate the rule is there, so we better get used to new saftey rules. Maybe I will run for commisioner next year..... for all the good it would do. I learned the hard way a few years ago, my one voice meant little.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
          New Modified Safety Rule
          Wednesday, February 4, 2009
          Effective immediately, to be added under SAFETY RULE 3 • EQUIPMENT (page 23 in current Outboard rule book):

20. All laydown Modified Outboard boats shall have left and right mirrors positioned in such a way that they allow rear vision from the driving position. Each mirror must be a minimum area of six (6) square inches of reflective surface. Mirrors are not required during kilo trials.
          Totally rediculous. You can't see anything worth while out of them in a Pro Laydown let alone a shaking 3 banger. My pro motor is as smooth as a sewing machine compared to a 3 banger. With the 3 banger, you should be more concerned about keeping your eyeballs in the sockets.

Anyway, I hope it works. What about radios? The Pro Commission took those away which is also rediculous. And they are better than mirrors in my opinion.

That's my 2 cents so flame away at me
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

• Thanks Mike

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
            Totally rediculous. You can't see anything worth while out of them in a Pro Laydown let alone a shaking 3 banger. My pro motor is as smooth as a sewing machine compared to a 3 banger. With the 3 banger, you should be more concerned about keeping your eyeballs in the sockets.

Anyway, I hope it works. What about radios? The Pro Commission took those away which is also rediculous. And they are better than mirrors in my opinion.

That's my 2 cents so flame away at me
            That was my point.... I am worried more about what is in front of me than what is in my mirror. It is okay, the rule does not say I have to use them....

Even the tunnel boats use radios to rely on spotters to tell them of boats coming up inside.

In Mod, radios are legal to use. But lets not mandate it....... I can see that coming next.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X