Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Proposals for National Meeting...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Thanks Daren...and thanks for the PM!

-Mike

Comment

• coming over to the dark side Mike????

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
      Thanks Daren...and thanks for the PM!

-Mike
      do tell!!! Ya building a new CMH (500ccMod)????????? You know you want to!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• ???

It would have to be a BMH first.....

Comment

• For those interested/affected.......

http://www.apba-racing.com/Forms/200...%20Minutes.pdf

https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15129 .......Here's two affected already who ....JUST..... invested/plan to run minority equipment in support of BMH
          ....."Yes the boat sold but it's staying in the racing community. Be on the lookout for it in 25MH and BMH this season. ...."
          No More Mercs;
          '"Could Anyone Tell Me When This Rule Would Take Effect. Im Planning On Running A Merc In This Class This Year."

"..........Paying attention?"
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-09-2009, 03:41 AM.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

• notable change effective immediately:

New Modified Safety Rule
            Wednesday, February 4, 2009
            Effective immediately, to be added under SAFETY RULE 3 • EQUIPMENT (page 23 in current Outboard rule book):

20. All laydown Modified Outboard boats shall have left and right mirrors positioned in such a way that they allow rear vision from the driving position. Each mirror must be a minimum area of six (6) square inches of reflective surface. Mirrors are not required during kilo trials.
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• For those who need to know: 3" round is 7 square inches (2.75 is just UNDER 6 square inches)
              Last edited by sam; 02-08-2009, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Bright Idea...

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                New Modified Safety Rule
                Wednesday, February 4, 2009
                Effective immediately, to be added under SAFETY RULE 3 • EQUIPMENT (page 23 in current Outboard rule book):

20. All laydown Modified Outboard boats shall have left and right mirrors positioned in such a way that they allow rear vision from the driving position. Each mirror must be a minimum area of six (6) square inches of reflective surface. Mirrors are not required during kilo trials.

Wow...... something else to break off getting in and out of the boat. Who can see out of these anyways ? Good Grief.....

Personally I HATE this rule. For those who support it, you never raced a real modified or Pro engine. They vibrate a whole lot more than the stock counterparts..........

I argue that this adds a saftey factor into the fact that a driver is paying attention to the mirrors and not what is in front of them. I WILL NOT pay attention to ANY mirror on my boat for ANY reason. PERIOD.

Sorry to those offended, but this is my opinion, like it or not. And i am not going ot argue about it, or rather debate.
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                  Wow...... something else to break off getting in and out of the boat. Who can see out of these anyways ? Good Grief.....

Personally I HATE this rule. For those who support it, you never raced a real modified or Pro engine. They vibrate a whole lot more than the stock counterparts..........

I argue that this adds a saftey factor into the fact that a driver is paying attention to the mirrors and not what is in front of them. I WILL NOT pay attention to ANY mirror on my boat for ANY reason. PERIOD.

Sorry to those offended, but this is my opinion, like it or not. And i am not going ot argue about it, or rather debate.

ya, your right Dave..........your the ONLY one in the world that has raced a REAL modified motor!!

BTW, if was voted on unanimously by the commission, of which contains multi-National champions!
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                    Wow...... They vibrate a whole lot more than the stock counterparts..........
                    Totally agree here. So who runs mirrors, and what kind, that hold up under FE vibrations?
                    Steve
                    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

• Prototype???

So...the M50D2 was not allowed in Dmod. Then allowed as probationary. Then not allowed as probationary. Now it's a prototype?
                      I have seen very little discussion of this. Can someone please explain to me what a prototype status motor is?
                      What is that... like, double secret probation?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                        So...the M50D2 was not allowed in Dmod. Then allowed as probationary. Then not allowed as probationary. Now it's a prototype?
                        I have seen very little discussion of this. Can someone please explain to me what a prototype status motor is?
                        What is that... like, double secret probation?
                        Jeff, feel free to contact me and I can explain it to you. I prolly couldn't explain it correctly here........
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
                          Totally agree here. So who runs mirrors, and what kind, that hold up under FE vibrations?

Id'e like this information also...............
                          93-C

Comment

• Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
                            the mirrors Revolution Boats install on their tunnel boats will hold up just fine..................or even the small "euro" style mirrors........

the rule states they must be installed on the laydown hydros..................whether you use them or not is your choice............

PS: I removed a couple "off topic" posts I made.........
                            Last edited by mercguy; 02-09-2009, 09:27 PM.
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                              the mirrors Revolution Boats install on their tunnel boats will hold up just fine..................or even the small "euro" style mirrors........
                              Haaaa, just wait till you take your new FE for a ride!
                              93-C

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy
                                quit trying to turn that motor over 7000!!
                                You're going to have to spin her faster than that.
                                93-C

Comment

Working...
                                X