Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod Proposals for National Meeting...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skoontz View Post
    Looki ng back, in the day, Merc and OMC made all these goodies i n house, you go to the dealer and tell them to give you X boat with X motor and goodies, either whip out the cash or call the bank, and you could finance your rig.
    I remember trying to buy shear pins and a prop nut for a 55H back in the 1970's from a Merc dealer. Even though they were still in the price book, they had been removed from the regular dealer network and were only available from the separate racing division.

This happened prior to 1973, so you are going way back to a time when you could buy even a simple part from a regular dealer. There was only one time you could buy a racing boat from a Merc dealer and that was while Kiekhaefer and Swift were together back in the 1950's. OMC dealers never sold race boats.

There has been no time since 1958 when you could "go to the dealer and tell them to give you X boat with X motor and goodies"

Your argument just doesn't make sense

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
      I hereby rescind my desire to see the Bass/Tohatsu named as a legal engine for the D... errr 750ccM class.
      It ain't even close to happening. Not even in the ball park. No way, no how.
      I give up. As far as I'm concerned, you guys can have mod.
      My S.O. only status will be fresh on my mind when I plan my '09 race itinerary.
      dont give up yet Jeff. The proposals (yes, more than 1) have been submitted!! We gotta fight for the future of MOD!

shoot me an email Jeff............I need to chat with ya.......

mercguy@verizon.net
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sam View Post
        I remember trying to buy shear pins and a prop nut for a 55H back in the 1970's from a Merc dealer. Even though they were still in the price book, they had been removed from the regular dealer network and were only available from the separate racing division.

This happened prior to 1973, so you are going way back to a time when you could buy even a simple part from a regular dealer. There was only one time you could buy a racing boat from a Merc dealer and that was while Kiekhaefer and Swift were together back in the 1950's. OMC dealers never sold race boats.

There has been no time since 1958 when you could "go to the dealer and tell them to give you X boat with X motor and goodies"

Your argument just doesn't make sense

I agree with you 100% Sam. Even though the "racing parts" were listed in the parts catalogs, does not mean you were able to purchase them. Even today you cannot buy a "racing" Merc Pro-Max 300 from any ordinary dealer, you would have to be a "racing products" dealer...........
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• We are passed the day of bobby socks, wing tip shoes and pletted skirts its the world of Hi Tec and dealing with a dealer is only if you want to get out and get some fesh air. Today you spin up you hi tec parts CD in your Hi tec Pc to get your part number. You dial up your Hi Tec wireless phone and call the Mercury racing division give them the part numbers racing and non racing, read out the numbers on your plastic card and two or three days later the shinny brown truck pulls up out front and the buster brown driver is knocking at the door. All this without breaking a sweat, isnt the Hi Tec world wonderful Just wish all the parts that you need was this easy
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

• OMC dealers never sold race boats.

Not true.....

We sold Sid Craft and Switzercraft. Other dealers sold Checkmate and Allison.....All were race boats, and we were Evinrude dealers, some were Johnson, some were Merc......

The point being made here that is missed, simply is, when you chose to buy a new Hustler or Checkmate, or Switzer, or Allison, you could buy whatever motor you wanted from the dealer. You could run Family or Sport E, J, etc etc. Everything came from each factory, gearcases with engines, accessories with boats. Most drivers preferred to set the rigs up themselves, but you could get a turn key rig ready to fly.

When that went away, it was about the time the squirt gun boats came out....Say good bye to easy access...

Anyhow, this has side stepped from what I tried to explain that Bill posted....

Time to get back on subject line.
            Bill Schwab
            Miss KTDoodle #62C
            -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

• Ok............

all this unrelated stuff is getting the subject at hand off track. Anyways, the proposals have been submitted and will now be discussed at the National Meeting. See you all there.......
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• What is the problem? It is called progress.

I for one don't have a bit of a problem with new motors being introduced into D Mod. If it proves to be faster then I will get one. This sounds just like when Yamato's were being introduced into C stock. Now it is the staple motor.??? The big question is how available will they be? Right now mercury parts are easy, and don't say they aren't, just go on E-bay.

Comment

• Please Post The Proposals

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                  all this unrelated stuff is getting the subject at hand off track. Anyways, the proposals have been submitted and will now be discussed at the National Meeting. See you all there.......
                  Darren,

If all the proposals are in, would you please post them here or email them to me if you don't want to post. I would like to read them and then if I have any oppositions or support for them I would like a chance to let my region commisioners know my stance and ask for their support.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• contact your region commisioner/s

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                    Darren,

If all the proposals are in, would you please post them here or email them to me if you don't want to post. I would like to read them and then if I have any oppositions or support for them I would like a chance to let my region commisioners know my stance and ask for their support.
                    as each region has its own set of proposals, you should contact your region commissioner/s.
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• proposals.......

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH
                      Think is Dave,.....In Mod, proposals can be brought up at the last minute at the National meeting.....so to protect/cover/lobby your interest,...You need to attend or wait for the ballots in the mail and then hope you have enough eligable to vote drivers with the same interest (or not) to support (or not) the ballot .......19P
                      Steve, just to let you know.............the proposals that were submitted were by the request of the members in each region.................
                      Last edited by mercguy; 12-18-2008, 07:33 PM.
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH
                        Daren,

A call to the Chairman may be in order to explain my concern......it happened last year and when I voiced objection to the process I was told.......... "That is why you need to attend Steve..."

If there is a cut off date and the proposals are all in...........how does it work from here?

Is there a link to the guidelines of this process ?

I am ignorant to how this works.....am I alone?

19P
                        the deadline was Monday. You should talk with your region commissioner FIRST before going to the Chairman. Kind of like the military chain of command. I am new to this and the process to submit a proposal is long and tedious. You gotta know the rule book and tech manual pretty darn good. As to the process, the proposals were submitted to the Chairman and they will be put on the agenda for the National Meeting.
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• YOU have time now you need to give your propsal to your modcom he will have to make 20 copies an take them to the meeting and if there is time they will be look at you can Email them to me if you like an i will take them in for you morris 85c
                          Lonnie Morris

Comment

• Tohatso...

...while we are waiting for decisions on the future of the tohatso as an FE motor,someone tell me who does these mods to make the class killer motor.I'll bet I can find a block.I don't need any more speed but it looks like I could get a signifigantly lighter powerhead which would make me feel safer. This is a 'what-if' scenario I can't get outta my head. Seems like a noble experiment to me.
                            Hunter III

Comment

• Mod Proposals that Passed?

Does anyone have a summary of the Mod Proposals/Rules that have passed?

Specifically, I am looking for any changes to Rules on pickleforks and reinforced cockpit sides.

Thanks,
                              Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                                Does anyone have a summary of the Mod Proposals/Rules that have passed?

Specifically, I am looking for any changes to Rules on pickleforks and reinforced cockpit sides.

Thanks,
                                Mike

Mike, MOD made NO changes to the current pickle and cockpit requirements................stock made a pickle change, but not in spec with the current mod/pro rules.........
                                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X