New Boats For 2009 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runabout

Was out at Kellys today helping out. Boat is coming along nicely. He scarfed the deck plywood together today. Boat should be close to done this next weekend. He is also building new Run. for Alan Owens and Kampen Racing. Pop`s hope you can make it down to some of our races. If you drive the runabout your going to have lots of company. The big runabout classes are really growing in NBRA.
    Art K

Comment

• Thanks Jack, I am planning on making the trip for the winter nats.

Hey Art, don't put any voodoo on my boat.
      "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

• Nice looking boat!

[QUOTE=Kevin McAfee;123043]I don't know what happened to my other post I had on here but here it is again.]

[quote=My new boat that Kelly Kidwell is building off of the Luce plans. These are a couple of weeks old but you can see it is taking shape. Kelly is doing a very good job on this as well.]

But I did notice naked wood. Much niggling work can be saved while coating naked wood parts after assembly if you pre-coat all the wood while it is in easy-to-slop-on-resin sheet form. Pre-coating also improves the epoxy joint bond.

Naked or not, I am infatuated with the Luce design D Mod runabouts. Pretty on the trailer, even sweeter on the race course.
        carpetbagger

Comment

• Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
          You need to talk to Daren about spraying your appoxy vs applying with a brush. It can save a lot of time. I've copies a link where Daren describes how he does it. Hope this helps.....

http://www.freewebs.com/swampcridder...ishingtips.htm

I need to go back and update that info! using 207 hardener gives better results, especially on a new build. I also prefer to use lacquer thinner now, as a thinning agent. 400grit is also better for final primer sanding, prior to applying paint.
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Uh OH

Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
            I don't know what happened to my other post I had on here but here it is again.

My new boat that Kelly Kidwell is building off of the Luce plans. These are a couple of weeks old but you can see it is taking shape. Kelly is doing a very good job on this as well.

Just great...... Kevin in a faster runabout. And a flat turner at that. You gonna be able to deal with that my old roll up friend ? You simply can't go wrong with Gearge's runabout design. Based off the old Atralights with several mod's it is a great running boat. It is also great to see George sharing so much info on these boats, it has put the big runabouts back on the map for sure.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• this is my old, new to me 750mod see if we can get it on the water this year.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Dave, if Burt can learn to drive a slider I hope I can. It was either a new boat or take 3rd or 4th, not to say that still won't happen but I think my chances are better with a new boat. And yes it is nice of George to help out the Runabout world with his plans.

Kevin
                "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin McAfee View Post
                  Dave, if Burt can learn to drive a slider I hope I can. It was either a new boat or take 3rd or 4th, not to say that still won't happen but I think my chances are better with a new boat. And yes it is nice of George to help out the Runabout world with his plans.

Kevin
                  that boat is sweeeaaat Kevin! Does George sell plans???
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Kidwell/Luce runabouts

Kelly is building 3 of these boats that will all be raced in the ODA. Should be some very tough competition in the big runabout classes. I can't wait!!!!!!!
                    Keith Kampen

Comment

• Daren Im pretty sure George sells the prints to build one. They are very good boats. I might get the prints and scale one down for AXSR/ASR
                      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

• How much do these plans cost?

Comment

• Mod Runabout

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                          Daren Im pretty sure George sells the prints to build one. They are very good boats. I might get the prints and scale one down for AXSR/ASR
                          George has been awesome to support all of these projects. He has tweaked this design from his orignal boat which was a Beiswenger inspired Matt Arlt boat. Like Reed was inspired by Hemp. Beiswenger made those ASR's like Jimmy Shane will race his year.

George helped me with Richie Palmer's FER that was built toward the end of the Summer 08

Comment

• Boat frames

George,
                            This is what I was trying to describe to you, then the core bottom goes over this section air trap to air trap.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hull #1 CSH coming together
                              Attached Files
                              BOPP

Comment

• Here are the last pictures before we turn her over tomorrow.
                                Attached Files
                                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
                                X