Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you.

Originally posted by MiSs PrIsS View Post
    I to was laid off from my job after 12 years in October, I worked for a Title Insurance Company and it was just me and my boss and she could no longer pay me or the bills so she laid me off. (Never in a million years did I think I would ever get laid off from this Company) She closed the office and moved it to her basement. I have been in the Title Ins. industry for over 25 years. When I was laid off I sat home and applied for alot of jobs either no one called me back or they paid minimum wage. I am a Notary Public in NY and I decided that I was going to pursue what I liked to do and that is Witness Only Closings, so I printed out the list of Signing Companies all over the US and put my information in each Company's data base (mind you there were over 200+) I was determined to get back to work. Well it worked, I now own my own Closing business and I am doing very well. I also have a snow plowing company I own a Dump truck with a sander and plow and I have a contract with one of the municipalities here on Long Island. I also work for the Hospital per diem (cause I don't think I could ever work full-time again). I like what I do and I can work if I want - I look at being laid-off as a blessing in disguise. I try to encourage people to get their Notary License and apply to Signing Companies -and they just "yes" me to death. You can't sit home and feel sorry for yourself there are jobs out there - you just have to have the motivation to "go for it". Yes it's scary and I never in a million years thought I could do it on my own - but I have to say I'm glad I pursued my passion.

Cynthia Hooghkirk
    In general, people in this country are trained to be slaves to big corporations. One thing they are told is it is to hard, to scary to succeed on you own. But you, Cynthia, found out differently. I am proud of you. If most people owned their own company, America would be a better place.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Comment

Cynthia= Glad to hear you are doing well during the economic down turn.
      Tell your Mom that the Ye Olde Desert Geezer says HI.

Comment

Alaska

We have been fortunate here in Alaska. Our recession has been mild, and arrived much later than the rest of the country. We have a very large military presence, and an economy based mostly on oil (80%). Mining is also big, as well as fishing, and tourism. (Tourism has been the hardest hit). The Native Corporations also are helping lead the economy.

Housing lenders here did not get caught up as much in the sleazy practices that burned many banks elsewhere. Property values have held up well.

I just returned from Oregon and Washington though, and saw firsthand how bad things are, I have friends and family who are out of work, and the outlook isn't very rosy just yet. Rest assured though, better times are ahead.

There are jobs in Alaska if you are in the trades or professional fields, and don't mind the cold, many jobs (like mine) require working out of town quite a bit. Taxes are low, no income tax, no sales tax, and all residents get an annual check from the state from the permanent fund divend program.

The fishin' and huntin' are not bad either!
        Dale Powell Jr.
        Palmer, Alaska

Comment

Heads up.

Just a heads up for midwesterners. If you're looking for work, get your resume' in to John Deere. They're hiring. They are usually looking for: assemblers, welders, machinists, machine repairmen, electricians, pipefitters, and production engineers. Competitive pay, and excellent benefits.
          A few factories that may be hiring are in: Waterloo, IA. Dubuque, IA. Moline, IL. Davenport, IA. Des Moines, IA.
          You'll have to find out yourself if it's possible to submit a resume' online.

Comment

Ok Racers, Let us revisit this for the Holiday Season! Any jobs please post. need a job please post, area, what you need or can do etc.
            Thank You Racers and Have a Healthy, Happy Holiday Season from the new 11J. :}
            Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Earl the Pearl...................

Originally posted by Hydroglobe17J View Post
              Ok Racers, Let us revisit this for the Holiday Season! Any jobs please post. need a job please post, area, what you need or can do etc.
              11J. :}
              George and i want to be your boss in 2011!!

The Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                George and i want to be your boss in 2011!!

The Captain
                Thanks Captain...........Because I'm OUT OF CONTROL! Yea Baby!
                Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

How's it going out there. I haven't seen as many people racing the last two seasons, I hope everyone is doing well. Hang tough friends and hope to see you all at races!

Comment

New jobs

Originally posted by Redneckerson View Post
                    In general, people in this country are trained to be slaves to big corporations. One thing they are told is it is to hard, to scary to succeed on you own. But you, Cynthia, found out differently. I am proud of you. If most people owned their own company, America would be a better place.
                    Good for you and your success on a new path. I did the same in my career.
                    A perfect example of American Exceptionalism that is being supressed by Washington regulations and other important issues.
                    More people need to be incontrol of their own destiny, it's safer than excessive dependency which has .
                    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Let's help our Racing Buddies if we can......

Comment

willing to relocate for good job,,

marine mechanic 20 plus years all aspects and diesels... also heavy equipment hydrolics and welding.. all aerial equipment,, 5 plus years,,,,,resume on request,,,

Comment

Would you consider moving to Oklahoma?

Comment

Kansas.. The Ag Industry is booming..
                            Agco Inc.------Hesston, Kansas and in Beloit, Kansas
                            Kuhn-Krause Corp..--- Hutchinson, Kansas
                            NCRA refinery---McPherson, Kansas.
                            Closest racing would be Region 7 or the NBRA..

Comment

Open Positions

I have several open positions in the marine field. Most of them are for technicians. We have five locations in Maine. Send me a pm if anyone is interested.

Thank you, Jim Petersen

Comment

My plant, Chrysler Mack Engine plant in Detroit is looking for tooling and controls engineers.

Comment

Working...
                                X