No announcement yet.

Boat Racers in need of jobs..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect there are even more of us that are not piping up on this subject.
    One of the things we will be doing different this year. I am utilizing the some of our ground. (over 3 acres) to grow food for ourselves and I will be attending farmers markets to supplement our income.
    I have decided to not attend the ones on the weekends. this is because I WILL be at the races. and I do not want to be at a market one weekend and not the next. There are many farmers markets during the week. those will be the ones I go too. I have partnered up with a friend that also has a small acreage in the country. so I will be taking what he grows too.
    It Is Time To Get Creative People.

BTW if anyone knows the source of my signature quote I would like to give credit where credit is due. instead of just "some wise person" LOL
    Last edited by Kev43V; 02-28-2009, 09:26 AM.

"The Coffee Guy"
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Awesome thread. I have been lookn for temp work for the weekends just to keep extra flow going for race weekends. Im in the San Diego area. Im good at yardwork,mowing,cleanup etc. Have even dabbled in sum paint jobs.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
        BTW if anyone knows the source of my signature quote I would like to give credit where credit is due. instead of just "some wise person" LOL
        Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It emptys today of its strengths (some wise person)

It was Leo Buscalia who said something like that:
        "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy"

Comment

job listings

A friend of mine sent me this link of job listings. Thought I'd share it here.....

http://www.hanford.gov/HRISJP/JobList.aspx?BU=PRC
          Sean Byrne

Comment

Got it

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
            I just googled it...found the source, Carrie Ten Boom. Then looked them up on Wikipedia. Amazing story.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Work

This is what the good book says,James 4:13, 14] "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble, We will get through these times, I have been layed off for 3 weeks now, I have been working as a TI Superintendent the last 15 years in Seattle,

Dave,

Comment

Russ:

Hansen is shutting down mines around here because knit wits who bought overpriced tract homes with plastic windows and cardboard trim near the mines complain about the thump of the dynomite and the noise from the Jake brakes of the trucks in and out off the scales.

So, instead, we unemploy people who work hard, and get this, in a state where we pay .25 on average for woe is me hug a tree fuel to save the long eared galloot habitat, we now truck sand from pits in Redlands to San Diego, a 200 mile round trip to pull 20 yards of sand. Costs escalated to $70 a yard for plaster sand, 460 a yard for mason sand...Then those same morons who knowingly through disclosure, bought the houses by the mines ***** when they pay what needs to be charged to build things at their homes....

I feel for you and anyone effected in the mining/quarry business.

Let me redirect though from something Gene East wrote to me.

The key is how well you can adapt and diversify what you do to generate income for your family. Boat racers are a great group of very talented, very diverse, and extremely intelligent people.

It is the boat racer who has done so much for so long with so little that they are capable of doing anything, with nothing.

As with us late last year, there may be some shallow waters ahead...So trade the prop in for a jet drive, get through the muck, and switch back to your prop when the water gets deeper.....If ya know what I mean....
                Bill Schwab
                Miss KTDoodle #62C
                -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Patrick:

We met Corey Ten Boom a year before she died. She always walked her walk, and right up until the end, continued telling her story. There as a made for TV movie 10 years or so ago where at the end, they actually had her narrate the ending.

Amazing how when everyone walking into the camps was BA naked with guards on both sides looking and searching, she walked right through with a Christian bible in plain sight.
                  Bill Schwab
                  Miss KTDoodle #62C
                  -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Since Monday when I posted my " HIT" I have spent hours working on my delima, posting my resume on 3 Printing web sites and MONSTER. Had a over the phone interview late Friday so there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Nobody needs to rollover and quit! That's too easy!

"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
                    Last edited by steve jones; 03-01-2009, 05:17 AM. Reason: rambling

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Bump Bump.......... lets keep this alive for our friends! If it helps one person it is worth it!
                      Thank You! Best Wishes to All!
                      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steve jones View Post
                        Since Monday when I posted my " HIT" I have spent hours working on my delima, posting my resume on 3 Printing web sites and MONSTER. Had a over the phone interview late Friday so there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Nobody needs to rollover and quit! That's too easy!

"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
                        Steve, keep on truckin'.... the stuff I was checking on in Oklahoma didn't come through. In fact, the one shop I was going to check for you is going on the auction block! Will keep my eyes and ears open, however.

Dan
                        O-49

Comment

Companies are still hurting, let's keep this going awhile. Thanks Dan!
                          Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

How is everyone doing? I heard yesterday the the Nation is on the up swing for late Fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydroglobe17J View Post
                              How is everyone doing? I heard yesterday the the Nation is on the up swing for late Fall!

I hope so.. I dont think Connecticut is on the upswing though. A lot of small businesses gone and the bigger ones are still laying of people here and there. But there is always hope
                              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

I am a full time stay at home Dad (for now) but the wifes company has gone from 2500 employees to 122 in 18 mos and was just told there will be more cuts in the 4th quarter.

It is a FL real estate development company.

So, the writing is on the wall.

She is a website developer with extensive experience in e-commerce and managing both creatives and IT people. Not really interested in relocating from Jacksonville, FL, but may have to.

PM me and I will send her linkedin info.

ty
                                BW
                                302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Working...
                                X