No announcement yet.

Stock Chairman's Long Term Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Ernie Knocked The Mailbox Over....

After Ernie Dawe listened to me for 5 straight days...he agreed the FIN SHOUOD BE ON THE BOTTOM (of a runabout) where it belongs....

A horse and buggy ride is one of the TOP most ROMANTIC things to do with a date/wife.....read it yesterday...

Don't ask about the mailbox! (I will show you the dent in my tailgate...).

Comment

• Ernie..........

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
      After Ernie Dawe listened to me for 5 straight days...he agreed the FIN SHOUOD BE ON THE BOTTOM (of a runabout) where it belongs....

A horse and buggy ride is one of the TOP most ROMANTIC things to do with a date/wife.....read it yesterday...

Don't ask about the mailbox! (I will show you the dent in my tailgate...).
      he probably just told you wanted you wanted to hear AFTER listening to you for 5 days straight!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• The side fin killed runabout racing! If you think about it, look how pretty the water has to be for us to race on it. That is because of the side fin. I know what your all going to say, "I don't know where you race, but where we race it gets pretty **** rough!" Yes, I agree it gets pretty **** rough, but not like the courses they used to race on. We have to find these secluded lakes in the middle of no where to race, that is why we don't get any exposure anymore. We need to race in rivers right in the middle of a city. Chicago Marathon, Albany to NYC, etc.... It is 2:30AM I got to get some sleep......Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!.......Germans?......Forget it, he's rolling......And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough.......the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
        Last edited by MGallagher; 01-24-2007, 12:37 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
          The side fin killed runabout racing! If you think about it, look how pretty the water has to be for us to race on it. That is because of the side fin. I know what your all going to say, "I don't know where you race, but where we race it gets pretty **** rough!" Yes, I agree it gets pretty **** rough, but not like the courses they used to race on. We have to find these secluded lakes in the middle of no where to race, that is why we don't get any exposure anymore. We need to race in rivers right in the middle of a city. Chicago Marathon, Albany to NYC, etc.... It is 2:30AM I got to get some sleep......Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!.......Germans?......Forget it, he's rolling......And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough.......the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Matt-

What were you smoking and/or drinking at 2:30am? Maybe your lifejacket has cut off the blood supply to your head

Troy

Comment

• Thankfully Jackson woke up about 5 seconds after that post. Diaper and Pajama change in 13.1 seconds, beat that NASCAR.
            sigpic

Comment

• What the...?

Matt: I agree. You started off there really well and then ended with utter lunacy. You need to get more sleep. Ed.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• It's Pearl Harper....

The late Jerome Brown's famous quote before the Fiesta Bowl (In Phoenix, I think)... was...."Did the Japanese go and sit down and have dinner with the Japanese the night before they bombed Pearl Harper?" (He had refused to eat dinner with the other team....)..

Matt, we in Region 12 hav a race in Long Beach, California. It is run at the Long Beach Marine Stadium. The stadium was built for the 1932 Olympics. The Bixby Family owned the land and gave it to the city with the understand there will ALWAYS be boat racing or the land is to be returned to the Bixby Family.

Rex Bixby, a grandson or great gandson of the original family, used to race 280 hydro.

Region 12 Kneeldowners don't race at Long Beach as they choose to go to the Stock Nationals. Ernie Dawe rushed home from the Nationals, last year for the birth of his granddaughter. I think Ernie was shocked to see the number of spectators and racers, not to mention the number of classic boats on display.

Now keep in mind, Ernie has only missed one or two Stock Nationals since 1959, but after buying motorhome gas to Michigan and back......I know he enjoyed racing with Steven Dawe (SST 45) at Long Beach, 120 miles from home.

Travel expenses are super high, in my opinion. My expenses double from 1974 to 1976 when I was racing. One reason I quit Stocks, in 1978, I felt I could race Havasu and Parker, with my Mod VP for less money than attending the Stock Nationals.....It is for this reason (EXPENSES) that I have favored and still favor, more LOCAL Championship Races and maybe only every five years have a Super Nationals.

To me, at almost 63 years of age, I see more danger running runabout with side fins and bottoms fins together...(They seem more different) than running hydros and runabout together...Which doing this was declared, years ago, to be UNSAFE!!!!

Dawe agrees, too with side on the boats, three lap heats, and free beer, even though Ernie has had a drink in 25 years...Kudos to Ernie, with his two new knees, heart surgery behind him...He's like the Ernie Dawe that I roomed with in College....Ernie is really up beat about Boat Racing......

And don't "ROLL your eyes at me...Darren... I can talk the ears off a wooden Indian....
                Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                  Matt: I agree. You started off there really well and then ended with utter lunacy. You need to get more sleep. Ed.
                  Ed, Didn't you have part of that quote in your signature at one point?

As far as the fin thing goes, real runabouts roll-up. I'd like to see us phase the side fins out of all the runabout classes smaller than "C".
                  Ryan Runne
                  9-H
                  Wacusee Speedboats
                  ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
                    Ed, Didn't you have part of that quote in your signature at one point?

I did. But I think Matt carried it to a new level. Ed.
                    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• [/quote]
                      As far as the fin thing goes, real runabouts roll-up. I'd like to see us phase the side fins out of all the runabout classes smaller than "C".[/quote]

IE A class, B class is already protected from the notorius side fin. And If I may ask, why smaller than "C". Does the dynamics of the situation change because its a "C" boat instead of an "A" boat? Just not sure of your reasoning for allowing side fins in C and not A
                      Gene Schertz 26V
                      TEAM CAFFEINE
                      Cranked up and ready to Roll
                      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• The C guys would b*tch more. I think the A guys would be for it.
                        Ryan Runne
                        9-H
                        Wacusee Speedboats
                        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• I wouldn't ***** I would just have more fun testing.
                          sigpic

Comment

• C's b*() ?

LOL OK that explains the under "C" class statement. As far as A gos I love running my side fin. Jeff Bill and a few others would love to have them outlawed.
                            And outlawing side fins would scrap my good boat. So add me in to the Bi**ching category
                            Gene Schertz 26V
                            TEAM CAFFEINE
                            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• Hey !

Ryan,
                              If side fins are so bad, lets ban them from all stock classes. But if we did that where would the hydros mount their turn fins. I guess it would have to be between the air traps.
                              Gene Schertz 26V
                              TEAM CAFFEINE
                              Reeds for Speed!

Comment

• hold on here guys....

Ryan and Gene,

my sidefin Sorensen ASR is the most fun boat I've ever had in 26 years of racing. Please don't lump me in with the "ban the side fin" group.

Bill Pavlick

PS I love the roll ups too.
                                Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Working...
                                X