No announcement yet.

SO Promotional Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That banner is great, we've used it many times, races, trade shows, club events (parties, awards, swap meet, etc). Great addition to a clubs PR portfolio.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Possible Problem

[QUOTE=reed28n;142388]The Poster idea has some merrit.

The SORC Promotional Committee was working to establish a Web page with promotional items on it. We felt that local clubs needed resources to access. www.stockoutboard.com has many of these forms and print out available. The next step was to have the promotional committee establish a network of local contacts as local or regional promotional chairs.
      QUOTE]

Here is a possible problem. Your website is stockoutboard.com. When I am in the public eye testing, racing, or whatever with my boat, and people ask me what it is, I don't tell them it is a modified outboard. I tell them it is a race boat. There is nothing in stockoutboard.com name that implies racing of any kind. If I actually think about it I can probably name at least 20 things that come to mind before racing does with stockoutboard.com.

How many people might pass right over stockoutboard.com when browsing the net thinking it is just another junk dealer or second hand store with some old outboards for sale ? Just some food for thought.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
        The Poster idea has some merrit.

The SORC Promotional Committee was working to establish a Web page with promotional items on it. We felt that local clubs needed resources to access. www.stockoutboard.com has many of these forms and print out available. The next step was to have the promotional committee establish a network of local contacts as local or regional promotional chairs.

APBA should be a clearing house for press releases at the very least to all local media outlets.

As always we came up a little short wih volunteers on these projects.

Our first step was to get banners up at events, so that if someone happened to spot us we were at least advertising at the site what we were doing. This did get done about 75%, we issued banners to each hosting club that submitted a sanction application and mailed the banners. The local clubs in some regions struggled to hang the banners at our events. Thats how we ratched down to 75% success.

It takes a concentrated effort for many members. if the people posting here would at least make sure your club hangs the banner we would get to 100% success on that........
        I can tell you that the Stock outboard banner was on display at every R 7 race. along with either an APBA banner OR an APBA flag. I did not have my stock outboard banner on display at grass lake. the only reason for that is that I felt anywhere I put it would block the view for VIPs in the VIP tent.
        In hindsite I should of put it up out at the road by the spectator parking. I ofcourse thought of that the last day....

"The Coffee Guy"
        TEAM CAFFEINE
        Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
        " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

I would hope some of the funds are left for some Hydroracer advertising!!!
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by Don11m View Post
            After reading all the great ideas on Hydroracer, every one needs to be a committee of one to help. Dont wait for someone to take the lead, you do it. Lots of the ideas expressed here dont take much money but they take time and committment to helping the sport grow. After watching the Dean Sutherland presentation on membership in Stock Outboard Racing, it shows that we dont do a good job of keeping the new racers that we get. We need to help the new people, lots of them show up with equiptment that is not any good. Remember your back up boat may be lots better than the stuff that the new guy is trying to race , loan it to him . We all know that good equipment will help anybody drive better. Remember to a new guy who is running last every race , passing 1 or 2 boats is like a victory. Helping a new racer or getting someone started boat racing is very rewarding. Lets go to work........
            Team Casual Put a C marathon guy in a short course boat for a weekend and he bought a CSR short course boat the next week. Simple LOAN OUT YOUR STUFF LIKE THE OLD DAYS . Like Fred Miller ; John Broge ; and of course Don Allen Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by MARATHONMAN View Post
              Team Casual Put a C marathon guy in a short course boat for a weekend and he bought a CSR short course boat the next week. Simple LOAN OUT YOUR STUFF LIKE THE OLD DAYS . Like Fred Miller ; John Broge ; and of course Don Allen Sr.
              Right on Mike!!

Comment

Free Ride

If someone wants to go for a ride put them in your Boat and let them DO IT. It is so cool to have a freind , brother , or fellow racer borrow a RIDE and come in from the course with the "LOOK" : And when they say "MAN THAT WAS COOL", it Makes your whole weekend that much better . Anybody who wants to take any of my equipment to try this sport or check out a differrent Class (maybe a Marathon? ) Available Rides CSR Marathon ; ASR ; CSR short course ; AXSR ; Ash ; AXSH ; 25SSR . . Just let me know!!! All about the Sport TEAM CASUAL 51-M Michael

Comment

Working...
                X