X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before anyone says it...

Add $10 for neon orange spray paint.

Comment

I use Home Depot neon orange duct tape $5... haha.
      Attached Files
      Fralick Racing
      Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Fish On View Post
        OK folks. I do not have the money to buy a new helmet. That means that I will not race this year. Even though my helmet has a snell 2005 tag, it is open faced. I hope if comes to it the APBA will return my membership money. This is not the case of a straw that broke the camels back. It is a case of the straw that broke an already overloaded camels back. I have made big race plans for this year. It is really sad that It all these changes has to be put on us at one time. I have followed the APBA for years. I was raised on between 8 mile and 9 mile. That was back when it was called East Detroit. The 40's and 50's. This was going to be my dream year of racing. It is the last thing on my bucket list. Well good luck in you future endeavors. I just can't afford the APBA.

Jack 711R
        Open face helmets are legal.

Comment

China

I have a $800.00 Simpson and $500.00 Bell that won't pass but i can buy 100.00 china junk that will. I thought apba dropped this stuff at one time out of fear of law suits . It's not the money it's the point of it being ram down our throat. I have a two boat race team and a two Kart race team I think i will drop the boats( i have 14 boats from over the years ) and keep the Kart teams going even if they have more rules
          Last edited by Danny Pigott; 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish On View Post
            OK folks. I do not have the money to buy a new helmet. That means that I will not race this year. Even though my helmet has a snell 2005 tag, it is open faced. I hope if comes to it the APBA will return my membership money. This is not the case of a straw that broke the camels back. It is a case of the straw that broke an already overloaded camels back. I have made big race plans for this year. It is really sad that It all these changes has to be put on us at one time. I have followed the APBA for years. I was raised on between 8 mile and 9 mile. That was back when it was called East Detroit. The 40's and 50's. This was going to be my dream year of racing. It is the last thing on my bucket list. Well good luck in you future endeavors. I just can't afford the APBA.

Jack 711R
            Jack,

Before you leave your boat in the garage, if your helmet has a Snell Rating in it (your post above says it's a Snell 2005), you are good to go.

It doesn't matter if it is open faced. Open face is legal as long as it's Snell.

Step back from the Ledge, man.....

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Misinformation

Originally posted by Greg Jacobsen View Post
              Then both jackets that have been worn less than a dozen times in three years need re-certification. Greg Jacobsen
              Greg,

There currently IS NO Rule in APBA for lifejacket recertification.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

If my helmet is good to go, so am I
                Jack 711-R

Comment

There are snell approved helmets on ebay starting at 39.95 just need a can of paint. Not sure how good they are but they have a snell sicker.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Orange

George,
                    I was hoping you would let us know where to get the orange stocking cap. Love it!

- Mike

Comment

No Way

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                      George,
                      I was hoping you would let us know where to get the orange stocking cap. Love it!

- Mike
                      Team Secret...........go find your own Team Skull Caps!!

Sincerly
                      Gary US Pond

Comment

Get the caps at WalMart if I remember right they were a dollar a piece I always kept a couple back ups just incase I lost one but never did even when I blew over in Pineville it stayed on kind of saged from the water but dryed out and went right back in shape.
                        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

I always had to chuckle when ever I saw George in his helmet/stocking cap. maybe we should make them manditory. safety rule 6 padding must be applied to the outside of your helmet!
                          Makes for a softer bump don't you know.
                          Gene Schertz 26V
                          TEAM CAFFEINE
                          Cranked up and ready to Roll
                          Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Here is yet another re-post as this is a subject I feel very passionate about.
                            While I do not know the current rules, but I do know enough about helmets and crashing in a helmet to say I would rather crash in a 10 year old quality helmet than a brand new $89.00 snell approved helmet.
                            Snell and DOT testing is primarily based in impact and the ability of the Styrofoam to absorb impact when hitting the pavement, not the ability to take a skid fin to the head.

Here is a re-post from a previous thread (Painting Helmets)

While I am far from the worlds foremost expert on helmets and helmet testing ( snell foundation is very expensive)
                            I do sell helmets and meet with manufacturer representatives almost every day. All technology aside there are only two kinds of helmets as it pertains to there construction. One is plastic, they might call it advanced polymer or polycarbonate but they are still plastic. These helmets are usually under $200.00. The other kind of construction is fiberglass, these are usually layered with kevlar and or carbon fiber and usually cost $220.00+. I feel that in a crash (like a skid fin to the head) the plastic lid could split open like an egg. While the fiberglass lid might stay intact. Imagine setting two helmets on the ground one plastic one fiberglass/kevlar, then hit them with an AX!!! you decide.
                            Secondly fit, studies find that most are wearing a helmet that is at least one size to big. Put a helmet on, if your fingers will fit in between your forehead and the helmet it is to big. It wont make much difference on the density of the polystyrene and its ability do absorb impact if your pulling excess Gs when sloshing around in a big ole bucket.

In my opinion... Get yourself a good fiberglass lid that fits correctly and break out the Krylon.

P.S. that HJC is the #1 selling helmet in the US it is also a plastic bowl.

Comment

Anybody that trusts a $100.00 HJC helmet to protect them in any motorsports is crazy. Take a look at one and remove the liner inside. HJC is most popular with crotch rocket drivers.

You get what you pay for. Also when I was looking at there standards, i couldnt find any of the HJC helmets that comes in the approved colors.

Comment

Keep in mind that HJC does sell Snell approved fiberglass/kevlar/spectra helmets. They just cost more. I have a FS-15 that I wear when riding. How about this one? http://www.amazon.com/HJC-Solid-Moto.../dp/B005I4CJUM

Comment

Working...
                                X