Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luce team wrecked in Kansas..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totaled............

Originally posted by SAWYER View Post
    Matt, are you sure the trailer can't be repaired? we can put it on a roll back to my fab shop and do wonders.
    George seems to think it is totaled.

Matt

Comment

Amen!

Comment

We can rebuild!!

If we can get Howies C-hydro to Saint Augustine I will make it happy again!!
        It is nice to see what a large family of racers we have and what they can do!!!

Comment

Family!

Double AMEN!!!!!!
          As with the rest of the posts, whatever we can do, just let us know.
          So thankful all of you are alright.
          Beth Maurer
          LiquidStoneConcreteDesigns.com
          'Let us show you how fun concrete can be!!!'

Comment

I just got home from dropping off George at the truck rental company. I was going to go and help load things but on my way to pick up George my wife called and said that my 7 yr old daughter fell and broke her arm. Luckily the urgent care was only a few blocks from the truck rental so I dropped off George and went to see her. She broke one of the bones in her forearm and will be put in a cast tomorrow. We have plans on picking up Greg at the airport when he gets in. As far as the truck and trailer, they are both totalled. Praise the lord that they are all safe.

Comment

Hello all, I am one of the firefighters who responded to the accident, and being a racing junky and driver myself (circle track cars) this really struck close to home with me. So after a quick search I found this awesome forum and the great people here reminded me much of the racing community i am used to.

I live in Fairview, KS 3 miles from the site of the accident, and would like to offer up any help that i can. I can provide any tools, help, loader tractor or anything else these folks may need. I got a chance to talk with them a little bit as we were helping to pick up and try to save most of their belongings and i have got to say they seem like very stand-up people. And Robert I believe? i gotta say thanks to this little trooper because he kept everyone involved laughing and with a smile on their face.

I will have to admit when i got to the scene i was not very optomistic judging by the appearance of the trailer, and the truck. These folks are very lucky, and definitely have someone looking out for them. If there is anything I can do to help out, i would be glad, and i am sure i can round up as many more sets of hands if they are needed. I hope everyone is feeling okay today. Levi Gunn (402) 469 5561 cell

Comment

Thank you Levi. We are all very thankful that George, James, Robert & Abby are fine. You are right someone was riding on their shoulders and yes Robert keeps us all laughing. We are a very unique boatracing family. When one is hurt we all hurt.

Comment

that's what racin' all about

i've been following this thread and this is the second time someone i knew had an accident coming back from a national. the other was vernon barfield(burnin vernon) i purchased my c mod rig from him. to see the out pouring of people wanting to help really shows what true racing is all about. that's why i enjoy this sport. and to see someone who responded to the scene as a fireman take the time to look up this website speaks volumns. god bless all of you. that's what makes america great. my thoughts and prayers are with all. see everyone at loch haven at 'camp augustine'.

frank

Comment

Levi,
                    As a brother firefighter (my local is 2969) I thank you for your professionalism and taking care of my racing family. It is great to know you are out there and your offer of help is invaluable. Thanks again for everything.

(My boat was the one on top near the back of the trailer 4-F)

Dave Bennett thank you for the offer to repair it is great to know everyone is really putting forth an effort to assist. You all mean more to us than you know.

Humbly,

Howie
                    444-B now 4-F
                    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

What more can you say, except Thank you Father for your watching over our racing family and for those who have stepped up to help. George hope all is well for you, James, and Abby.

Nobody finer than Doug Hall, USTS Top Hydro and other capsule classes champion, but more of a human Champ. Hope your baby is okay Doug, look forward to seeing you down the road.

Ray

Comment

I just got off of the phone with George. Lyons is on his way out and Runnes are a few hours away...the equipment is almost all packed up in the rental truck.

George said Robert was entertaining the entire emergency room staff. He was making all of the nurses laughing! When I was on the phone with George, Robert was asking him why Abby's panties were in the corn! Robert has the gift to make tough situations less tough. He always puts on a good show =)

Comment

billy jane rachel are all with you if we can do anything to help dont hesitate hughs to all

Comment

I am very glad to hear everyone is doing good. Howie, I am just a volunteer firefighter, but am in the middle of taking my EMT-B class, and getting ready to start firefighter one training, i just love to help people, and am glad i got the opportunity to help these folks in their time of need. And again if there is anything else i can do, i would be more than glad, just give me a call.

Comment

Wow !

It is absolutely incredible to me to see how you all rally around George, Abby, James & Robert. What a fantastic boat racing family !! Kudos to all of you.

Thank you so very much for making sure that they are ok & headed home.

Meredith
                              A Luce cousin...

Comment

Been following this thread from the beginning. I have known the Luce family for so many years. When I heard of this I was stunned, shocked and full of emotions. I am just so glad to here all are fine, that is the most important thing. I will be available in any way to help but I see so many have stepped forward to assist them in there needs I would most likely be in the way. This boat racing family, being Stock, Mod or Pro are the best people in the world. I can offer a new Luce 750 Runabout for them to run for the rest of the year if they want to finish off the season. I am just so glad they are OK....Bob& Don Rusnak, N-9 N-96, Sean & Lorraine McKean T-4

Comment

Working...
                                X