Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luce team wrecked in Kansas..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Home?

If the folks in Kansas have had enough fun already on this road trip, I would like to think that their friends here on Hydroracer.net can contribute enough to at least make a dent in their air fare to fly home.

I don't know what airport is closest to the Luce home, but flights from Kansas City, MO (60 miles southeast of Hiawatha, KS) to Richmond, VA range from $355 to $389 and seats are available on flights tomorrow.

Waiting to hear from the decision makers...
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Thanks Doug

Originally posted by Doug Hall View Post
      I live an hour east of Hiawatha. If you need to store anything I have a large barn and plenty of room. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Doug
      Doug
      Thanks for helping out.
      Matt
      301-318-4259

Comment

Mark

Originally posted by Mark 72@E View Post
        If the folks in Kansas have had enough fun already on this road trip, I would like to think that their friends here on Hydroracer.net can contribute enough to at least make a dent in their air fare to fly home.

I don't know what airport is closest to the Luce home, but flights from Kansas City, MO (60 miles southeast of Hiawatha, KS) to Richmond, VA range from $355 to $389 and seats are available on flights tomorrow.

Waiting to hear from the decision makers...
        Thanks to Doug Hall looks like all will be well. He will be delivering a U-Haul in the morning and several drivers on there way home will be in the area at the time to load up whats left of the equipment. Looks like the truck and trailer are totaled but the equipment is not as bad off as first reported! Thank god for Kansas cow corn!! It absorbed a lot of the impact!!

Comment

Matt, I talked to Gary about a half hour ago. I am going to try to get them lined up with a large rental truck. Anything else I can do to help just let me know. I am working at the fire station tonight and do not have my cell phone but I am checking this often. Also my home # is 816-685-3070. My wife is at home and can get me any messages.

Comment

Great Doug................

Originally posted by Doug Hall View Post
            Matt, I talked to Gary about a half hour ago. I am going to try to get them lined up with a large rental truck. Anything else I can do to help just let me know. I am working at the fire station tonight and do not have my cell phone but I am checking this often. Also my home # is 816-685-3070. My wife is at home and can get me any messages.
            Gary is informing George Luce of the plan now.............. Georges cell is working at the rental house they are in. If you can't reach him Gary and i are accessable.
            Matt

Comment

I do have an extra 4 boat --6 motor trailer if needed to haul the stuff back. May be easier for storing the boats and motors. Again I am about 4 hours away.

Rick Miller
              918-791-1041.

Comment

We are keeping you in our prayers that the rest of your trip will be safe and we are thankful to God that you are all still with us. May you be blessed by God and everyone that is helping you to get home.

In JESUS NAME AMEN.

Mark Tingley 326-C

Comment

Matt, are you sure the trailer can't be repaired? we can put it on a roll back to my fab shop and do wonders.

Comment

Thank you to everyone offering help. The equipment is the least of my worries. I am just glad everyone is ok.

Reports that I had were the boats are banged up but most if not all will be repairable, the truck and trailer are totalled. Hopefully we can get everything back home and then reevaluate it all to see what we can fix and what needs replacing.

As Sheila said equipment can be replaced, people can't.

Again thanks to all, see everyone in Lock Haven!
                    444-B now 4-F
                    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I have Greg Lyons booked to KC, MO, arriving at 6:19 (Delta flight 3201), to help George and drive the truck back to Long Island. Hopefully Doug Hall will get this message and arrange to have Greg met at the airport.
                      EDIT: I got a message to Doug's wife.

Phil Doerle
                      My phone number is 215-639-3779
                      Greg's cell Phone is 267-716-6901
                      Last edited by PopPop; 08-17-2010, 06:02 AM.
                      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Thanks for the assist Phil & Greg!
                        444-B now 4-F
                        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Such horrible news. So glad everyone is Ok. Great to see so many help, Have to love this sport.
                          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

very glad to hear everyone is ok. i am in iraq right now but while in the states i am stationed at FT Riley KS about 45 mins from topeka, i would have LOVED to help. i sure hope everyone gets the rest of the way safely. best of luck.

Daniel Hooten

Comment

For God's sake Dan, don't worry about us... we'll get by just fine. You just keep your head down and come home safe & sound!

...and THANK YOU!

otto
                              "....that's one happy tub of beer"

Comment

Here if you need us....

Please know that we are only a phone call away, any hour for anything you may need.
                                From the post above looks like everything is getting handled.
                                Just a thought...
                                If the truck and trailer are truly totaled, it may be easier (and cheaper) to get them to a towing company or junk yard to be disposed of. To do that you will need the titles to each vehicle. Unless your insurance company wants them brought back home ??
                                I know when I rolled our trailer & van it could have cost a couple thousand dollars for the recovery and tow home. But luckily I work for a towing company and my boss came down and got our rig, then my brother in law (Howie) drove up and got us. However it still cost just under $1000 to get both the trailer and van towed off the highway (including the recovery).

You are all in our prayers.
                                Lisa Jennings

Comment

Working...
                                X