Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack........................

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
    I see nothing in the book that says "block" letters nor do I see anything that requires a different spacing between the numbers and the letter. Let's all get out the rule book and read it. Perhaps it is time. Then if you are not compliant, correct your lettering. Less typing and more reading just may be the answer. Also you may want to look at the Rule #5 , para 5 under the General Racing Rules that requires running the currently authorized and assigned numbers. Just thought I'd continue to stir the pot. We have folks using the numbers from racers twice removed.
    Remember, the rulebook doesn't matter here. If the scorers or referee deem your numbers unreadable your SOL as they say. That's why i always make sure Val is on the judges stand when i race

Later

Comment

I see nothing in the book that says "block" letters nor do I see anything that requires a different spacing between the numbers and the letter. Let's all get out the rule book and read it. Perhaps it is time. Then if you are not compliant, correct your lettering. Less typing and more reading just may be the answer. Also you may want to look at the Rule #5 , para 5 under the General Racing Rules that requires running the currently authorized and assigned numbers. Just thought I'd continue to stir the pot. We have folks using the numbers from racers twice removed.

yo Jack, break out the 2009 rule book and turn to page 120.................Rule 22 Boat Numbers.............read read read........................block characters (which has been in the rule book for years now) and appropriate spacing........

BTW, this debate has gone on for a couple years now...............so should be readily understood.............

can't wait till racing starts and this silly stuff ends...................
      Last edited by mercguy; 02-13-2009, 10:15 PM.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Daren, since I have a stack of these rule books lying around could you please tell me where in the 2007 book it specifically states Block Letters?? I need something to do and I love to read!

block characters (which has been in the rule book for years now)

Comment

This really made me laugh!

Greg,

Your title "Matt, your fighting w/ a trash guy and a lawyer, give up!" somehow really sums the whole thing up.

Mark

Comment

Sorry Daren but my 2009 book is not here yet. In the 2008 book page 120 is OPC stuff. I attempted on the APBA web site but page numbers were different than 2008 book. So I'd better keep quiet until I get my 2009 book. I'm sure that you and everyone else would prefer that I continue that mode even after getting the 09 book. What you mentioned is on page 122 in the 2008 Rule book and does say block letters but this is category specific to OPC.. I don't usually read that portion of the book. Thanks for trying to keep me straight. Jack
            Last edited by Jack Stotts; 02-14-2009, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Titles

Originally posted by hydroracer25 View Post
              Greg,

Your title "Matt, your fighting w/ a trash guy and a lawyer, give up!" somehow really sums the whole thing up.

Mark
              I prefer garbageman.

Comment

Politically Correct...........................

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                I prefer garbageman.
                Down here in DC we refer to those folks as "Custodial Engineers". It has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Sorry Daren but my 2009 book is not here yet. In the 2008 book page 120 is OPC stuff. I attempted on the APBA web site but page numbers were different than 2008 book. So I'd better keep quiet until I get my 2009 book. I'm sure that you and everyone else would prefer that I continue that mode even after getting the 09 book. What you mentioned is on page 122 in the 2008 Rule book and does say block letters but this is category specific to OPC.. I don't usually read that portion of the book. Thanks for trying to keep me straight. Jack
                  hey Jack, aren't ya ready to go racing yet????????

anyways, the more specific info is also on page xxxii of the 2009 rule book also regarding the block letters.............................

also for Joe, it is on page RR-4 of the 05 Rule book, page RR-4 of the 06 Rule book, page XIV of the 08 Rule book.............don't have the 07 Rule book...........sorry
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Hey Daren, since I don't yet have my 2009 Book would you give me a rule number for the number info on page xxxii. I can not find it on the web site presentation because the pages are numbered differently. Ya gotta help this old guy. Thanks!

Comment

titles

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                      Down here in DC we refer to those folks as "Custodial Engineers". It has a nice ring to it.
                      Solid waste engineers..... custodial engineers used to be janitors.

Comment

Hey Daren, since I don't yet have my 2009 Book would you give me a rule number for the number info on page xxxii. I can not find it on the web site presentation because the pages are numbered differently. Ya gotta help this old guy. Thanks!
                        **** Texans!!

Rule 5 Boat Registration, item #10, under General Racing Rules!!
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Daren, I found what you mentioned just before your last post. Isn't it a shame that one has to dig and dig and dig some more to find anything in OUR rule book. It's no wonder folks don't like to referee. I know I've given up on it. Just can't remember all the different referances with little rhyme nor reason. Thanks for your patience. Jack
                          Last edited by Jack Stotts; 02-14-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Daren, you are right about one thing! The text you quoted, However The rule book says... "Each of the respective categories may establish it's own requirement concerning boat numbers. In the absence of such category requirements, the following requirements shall apply" Vertical block letters yada yada yada! 2004-2007 Rule 6 RACING NUMBERS did not change a single word. It states this "There shall be at least one (1) inch background border around each number and letter where space permits" That says exactly this, it can mirror the numbers and letters. Better yet it does not say what the shape of the background color has to be! So your puffy cloud outline of your numbers ARE legal. Unless the rule book for 08 and 09 state exactly what shape the background outline needs to be your good to go! I will find 2008 and have not yet gotten 2009, The dimensions for letters and numbers are this 6" height 1" stroke 1" background 1" spacing between numbers and letters all followed by the words "where space permits" So technically those numbers can be less if you don't have the room for them.
                            Last edited by Merc1; 02-14-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

The only issue here is that General Racing Rules take precedent over Cat. rules where a conflict exists.

Comment

If I interpret this correctly Joe's runabout is legal but his hydro is not?
                                Not looking to argue, just want to make sure we are legal if we can make it to Pineville.
                                Attached Files

sigpic
                                SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Working...
                                X