Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foul.............................

Originally posted by MGallagher View Post

George Stillwell- I am finally going to say it. Your helmet is illegal!
    Leave the Stillwill's helmet out of this. This thread is all about your illegal numbers!!

I want to see how you are going to beat out Hearn and Reed on this one!!

Better you than me bro!

Comment

Matt the helmet complies with the rule as written and you forgot the intent part oh another grey area
      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Matt

Your numbers are illegal!!

Comment

LOL! It is nice to be back posting again.

George-Is the helmet actually warmer. And my intent to debate about trivial BS is greatly under estimated. Wait that is a good idea, Grey numbers.

Scott & Ed- You win, I surrender. New numbers are being printed as we speak.
          Last edited by MGallagher; 02-13-2009, 03:56 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Matt, your fighting w/ a trash guy and a lawyer, give up!

I've been watching all this chaos with great patience... My #'s are exactly opposite of Matt's, white background on a black boat, which as Scott says are ILLEGAL!!! I get it, wait till you see what I've got coming out for 09! GL
            Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
              LOL! It is nice to be back posting again.

George-Is the helmet actually warmer. And my intent to debate about trivial BS is greatly under estimated. Wait that is a good idea, Grey numbers.

Scott & Ed- You win, I surrender. New numbers are being printed as we
              speak.
              Mat do you have a close up picture? so we can see what is being debated I can not tell what your numbers look like from your avitare

"The Coffee Guy"
              TEAM CAFFEINE
              Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
              " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                Albeit, the scorers could read/interpret either sets of #'s:
                Example 1, although way cooler - illegal.
                Example 2, although not a cool - legal. (Allegedly may have been in response to individuals giving me a "hard time" on the legality of the numbers in Example 1)
                What makes Example 1 illegal?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post

If I have legal numbers can I skip the drivers meeting?
                  Originally posted by 14-H View Post

Not a chance, pal!

Can I hire a proxy to go to the drivers' meeting for me?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                    Can I hire a proxy to go to the drivers' meeting for me?
                    LOL are you going to let the proxy drive it in the race? if so, yes.

"The Coffee Guy"
                    TEAM CAFFEINE

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

" IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                      What makes Example 1 illegal?
                      they are not "block" letters..................**** Guido would not listen (at first!!!!)................now, he is the provider for legal numbers in Reg10....................hey Guido, where are my numbers for my (4) boats????????????

PS: the numbers are still "not quite" legal, as there is "supposed" to be a spacing between the numbers and letter..........
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

it is simple

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                        I've been watching all this chaos with great patience... My #'s are exactly opposite of Matt's, white background on a black boat, which as Scott says are ILLEGAL!!! I get it, wait till you see what I've got coming out for 09! GL
                        Alright, now my comments are being taken out of syntax. Illegal only had 2 exclaimation points. Your trying to make me sound angry......

Comment

I see nothing in the book that says "block" letters nor do I see anything that requires a different spacing between the numbers and the letter. Let's all get out the rule book and read it. Perhaps it is time. Then if you are not compliant, correct your lettering. Less typing and more reading just may be the answer. Also you may want to look at the Rule #5 , para 5 under the General Racing Rules that requires running the currently authorized and assigned numbers. Just thought I'd continue to stir the pot. We have folks using the numbers from racers twice removed.

Comment

Lol

FYI I don't care to use the LOL when I am trying to be funny, I just assume that what my Amy says is true, and I quote.

" You always think you are soooo funny! "

Well, at least I humor myself.

PEACE

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                              IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APPLICABLE RULES:

...Accordingly, ALL BOATS MUST COMPLY WITH APBA RULES INCLUDING THOSE REGARDING BOAT NUMBERS.
                              It's nice of you Ed to give advance notice about this concern. Anybody with questionable boat numbers should have ample to go to the local graphics store to buy new ones.
                              This is how it should work:
                              1.) An APBA official sees a safety/rules area of concern.
                              2.) The APBA official should inform the membership by utilizing the many resources at hand. (Propeller,APBA E-alert, race circulars, contacting inspectors and referees, Hydroracer, etc.)
                              3.) Informed race officials and participants can now address the area of concern.
                              No new rule needed. Just inform and enforce the ones we already have.
                              Once again, thanks Ed for the warning about boat numbers.

We should all be glad it's going down like this. Be glad we're not all sending our boats back to the builders every four years to have the numbers certified!
                              Last edited by jeff55v; 02-13-2009, 08:33 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                                I see nothing in the book that says "block" letters nor do I see anything that requires a different spacing between the numbers and the letter. Let's all get out the rule book and read it. Perhaps it is time. Then if you are not compliant, correct your lettering. Less typing and more reading just may be the answer. Also you may want to look at the Rule #5 , para 5 under the General Racing Rules that requires running the currently authorized and assigned numbers. Just thought I'd continue to stir the pot. We have folks using the numbers from racers twice removed.
                                JACK! and here I was going to change my number this year (to make it fit better ) I thought I would go to 4V instead of 43V. And leave the old boat 43V but have 4V on the "new to me" boat. Then I could be more cool like some folks and run 43V one day and 4V the next. Or get to change my mind at the drivers meeting " Number change, 4V instead of 43V"
                                when the course gets changed from one day to the next.

"The Coffee Guy"
                                TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

Working...
                                X