X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From APBA

SOME GOOD NEWS

http://apba-racing.com/newsletters/EAlert0904-2.html
    Last edited by John Sherlock; 04-27-2009, 04:20 PM.
    John Sherlock

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man
    standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
      Those not from NJ. I don't think I would want to take a course in NJ, if I had to go to NJ to take it.

It amazes me how some govt's in some states think backwards. By the time they begin figuring this out and taking steps to change the law, we will all be retired. Maybe someone should write the Pres. He is all about change...

This approach might work:

NJ is famous for special interest groups influenceing laws. Example, a few years ago a special interest group got enough signatures to ban bear hunting in the state of NJ. That ban is still in effect today.

Maybe, if someone from NJ formed a special interest group, and collected signatures from people all over NJ, raceing and non racing, and presented that to the govt. you could get an exemption ? Just food for thought.
      People here think "bears are people too"... till theyre poodles are swatted for barkin at one & get rocket-ed across the back yard [rumored to be true] They feed em too.. why we have 500+ pounders. Will the same people get behind racers?? They already whine about the noise of most every car track thats been there for decades, B4 the McMansion craze. I wouldnt trust the press not to spin this against racing either, already a red tape issue, green tapes scary-er
      Team Tower

Comment

• A bear tagged as removed from the Trenton NJ area 2 years ago made it about half way to Sharptown. He was captured again and relocated to western MD.

Comment

• Not to make a bear story of this but a pal that lives near ground zero, re-release program. Before he'd seen 1 in a decade now all he has to do is turn on his garage side door light after dark, where the cans are. Im 90mi. South & one made the news in our hood, its back [on all 4s] was nearly hi as a 5' fence.
          Team Tower

Comment

• Definite State issue. It's about driver safety certificates.
            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

• Originally posted by nitroracer1
              Is it true that this is an issue beacuse its a state police permit, but if say the race was held in a bay the coast guard permit would superceed the state needs?

Thanks
              Kevin
              In Jersey all the bays & most of the rivers are some degree of brackish to salty as seawater. Races used to be held in some of these locations. Would anyone want to run in it would be another question.
              Team Tower

Comment

Working...
              X