Millville Cancelled!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millville Cancelled!!!!!!

Due to the State of New Jersey, the race has been canceled for this weekend. We at DVORA our sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, the reason for the cancellation will be updated later tonight.

Sorry,
    Matt Gallagher
    Race Director
    sigpic

Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
    Due to the State of New Jersey, the race has been canceled for this weekend. We at DVORA our sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, the reason for the cancellation will be updated later tonight.

Sorry,
    Matt Gallagher
    Race Director
    Matt,

Is the post from Allie ok or should I take it down?
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Its fine Dan, thank you for asking. I will go into more detail later.

Thanks
      sigpic

Comment

?

??????????????????

Comment

$165.00 non refundable hotel. Packed van. NJ hates kids AND boat racers.
          Ian Augustine

Comment

?

no one is posting about this.... is everyone already on the road?

or is it just shock?

Comment

Originally posted by GarE-12 View Post
              no one is posting about this.... is everyone already on the road?

or is it just shock?
              Hey Gary,

I'm not even active anymore and I am shocked and angry! how can they shut down a closed course sanction regatta ? I haven't read a rule book in while but I thought the closed course race site was exempt from this crap!
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

?

Dan,

Trying to get active but they weren't having Js anyway, but this is crazy.

Seems this is a prime time for the powers that be at APBA to step up and get involved with, if nothing else , a little public outrage.

Comment

Originally posted by GarE-12 View Post
                  Dan,

Trying to get active but they weren't having Js anyway, but this is crazy.

Seems this is a prime time for the powers that be at APBA to step up and get involved with, if nothing else , a little public outrage.
                  It might be worth a call to APBA HQ at the crack of dawn to see if their attorneys can get this cleared for the weekend, this is crazy!

Matt let me know if I can help make phone calls.
                  HTML Code:

Comment

Alright, this is what happened.

At 2:30ish this afternoon I got a phone call from Sgt. Bird of the Bivalve Station of the New Jersey State Marine Police in South Jersey. He proceeded to ask me for a list of drivers that will be participating in the event(keep in mind we half to submit an application to these guys to get the permit for racing). I told him we register at the race site so I do not have one for him. He then said he was going to send an officer there on the morning of the 24th to make sure everyone has a Boating Safety Certificate. The law in NJ states that ANYONE who operates a boat in NJ on NJ waters must have a Boating Safety Certificate or a Certificate of equal safety qualifications that your state offers. It has nothing to do with your states requirements/laws/rules/etc... Every state offers a boating safety course according to Sgt. Bird. Here is where I started making my phone calls to the DVORA and race officials. Our conclusion, after about 4 hours of scrambling around and getting Steve Hearn to call and actually coming up with an idea of having a certified tester come down Sat. morning and administering the "test out" option we still found this to be too shaky and did not want to risk drivers not being able to compete. It was a tough decision but I believe we made the "Greatest Good" decision given our time retriction.

That should explain it. We are very sorry for this a will still be going ahead with our other races and be posting a link for options on getting your Baot Safety Certification to compete at DVORA NJ races.

Please feel free to ask questions here on hydroracer I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

The only thing I would say to APBA is to some how have link to an official APBA contact that could administer the U.S. Coast Guard Boating Safety Course.
                      Last edited by MGallagher; 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

boating safety

online boating safety courses

http://www.boatcourse.com/?gclid=CM-...FQE0xgodRXft9Q

Comment

Matt,
                          Check your email... I found a link that states that the boating safety course is not required until July of 09 don't know if this is valid but I am trying to dig up anything I can find.
                          Dave W. Young
                          95-D
                          "Roll it up or roll it back on the trailer"

Comment

Un-flipping believeable!

Just when I thought the State of Washington had the most screwed up lawmakers, it appears we've been trumped by The Garden State.

Really sorry to hear about this for you guys, especially in the way they dumped this on you at the eleventh hour.

In fact, I'm not sure what is more unbelievable: the fact that this happened or that there is someone named Sgt Bird of the Bivalve Station. I'm not sure if I could have kept a straight face if someone introduced themselves to me with that name and title.

Chin up, DVORA....

R-19
                            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Matt,
                              Found this boating safety course as well, it allows youto choose your state. Hope it helps.

http://www.boat-ed.com/
                              444-B now 4-F
                              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X