• Show
Clear All

Asr

I think I own part of that ASR in the picture
    at Jerry's shop.Boat looks good Paulieeeeeee
    Uncle Tom

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy112j View Post
      I have talked to some friends who run modified and sprint cars and they said NJ STATE POLICE control all forms of racing in the state . When i used to go there they even inspected the car .
      Interesting about NJ Racing. Besides a boat racer I was involved in Modified Stock Cars. Local tracks had a 100 lap "Trenton" qualifier and the winner would have a guarenteed starting for the big Trenton Championship Race. This race drew many big name southern drivers and well as the best North East drivers. In the late 1960's Juinor Ambrose, a 16 year old driver drove to the win at the Riverhead Speedway on Long Island. He was the one to represent the track at Trenton. Because of his age he was not able to compete in the State of NJ. Since then the great Trenton Speedway is now gone. NJ has not been race friendly to both car and boat racing. Just another thought......Bob N-96

Comment

Boat Courses NJ

Here is a site for NJ testing centers and dates.
        TESTING CENTERS (609) 240 - 5221

http://www.njboatsafety.com/testing_centers.php
        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

So there will be no nationals in NJ

Well, one thing is for sure, there will never be a nationals in NJ. Hope you guys find a way to work around this, there has to be a way to excempt santioned events, even if you have to have legislation writen, that is what your elected reps. are for, get on the band wagon and make them do their jobs.

Good luck

Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by L. Allen View Post
            Great pics Ally.
            Is that boat in the kitchen or the shop? Growing up, the boats got sanded in our dining room. Oh, and he bathroom scale was in the garage. And there's still an old Merc on the stand in the living room to this day.
            Good times.

P.S. Everybody up here went testing too. You know how I love to test!
            I didn't see a coffee pot in anyof the pictures. otherwise it looks like a GREAT shop. LOL

"The Coffee Guy"
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
            " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Can't Stop Pool Testing in New Jersey!

Testing in the pool keeps the kids on their toes!
              Attached Files
              Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                I didn't see a coffee pot in anyof the pictures. otherwise it looks like a GREAT shop. LOL
                Good point. You KNOW it's not Bill's shop!
                Twisted Sister

Comment

Earl,

The Sgt is probably 5 years older than me, maybe we should have got your butt to do it.
                  sigpic

Comment

just an idea

hi all,

just an idea coming from an old racer who is getting back into it, region4 has had races cancelled because of conflicts with region 3 races and the numbers would not be there so why not use region 4 sites for some of the problem races in nj? like i said just an idea, now i'll go back to watching lawrence welk that i tevoed.

frank novotny
                    collector of old stuff that was new when i raced

ps i think what nj did does not make sense

Comment

• Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
                      Earl,

The Sgt is probably 5 years older than me, maybe we should have got your butt to do it.
                      Hey Matt, Nice Numbers 58 - J.
                      Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

• Where are the divisionals going to be held now? Standish Maine? Lambertville?

Comment

• Lambertville is still in NJ. What Now. Hopefully everyone will have a certificate by then or we are in trouble.
                          !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

• What About

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
                            Lambertville is still in NJ. What Now. Hopefully everyone will have a certificate by then or we are in trouble.
                            Those not from NJ. I don't think I would want to take a course in NJ, if I had to go to NJ to take it.

It amazes me how some govt's in some states think backwards. By the time they begin figuring this out and taking steps to change the law, we will all be retired. Maybe someone should write the Pres. He is all about change...

This approach might work:

NJ is famous for special interest groups influenceing laws. Example, a few years ago a special interest group got enough signatures to ban bear hunting in the state of NJ. That ban is still in effect today.

Maybe, if someone from NJ formed a special interest group, and collected signatures from people all over NJ, raceing and non racing, and presented that to the govt. you could get an exemption ? Just food for thought.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                              Those not from NJ. I don't think I would want to take a course in NJ, if I had to go to NJ to take it.

It amazes me how some govt's in some states think backwards. By the time they begin figuring this out and taking steps to change the law, we will all be retired. Maybe someone should write the Pres. He is all about change...

This approach might work:

NJ is famous for special interest groups influenceing laws. Example, a few years ago a special interest group got enough signatures to ban bear hunting in the state of NJ. That ban is still in effect today.

Maybe, if someone from NJ formed a special interest group, and collected signatures from people all over NJ, raceing and non racing, and presented that to the govt. you could get an exemption ? Just food for thought.
                              It's a good thought Dave, but I'm afraid that the only signatures that influence public policy are those that appear on checks.

Comment

• Please Contact Scott and/or Jill Glossner for information on attaining a NJ Boating Safety Certificate. You do NOT need to be from or be IN NJ to attain one. Please wait for further information on this in an EAlert from APBA headquarters. We at DVORA have this particular situation under control and are in the process of making it a minimal effort project for any racer wishing to race here in NJ.

Thanks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X