No announcement yet.

APBA PRO Nationals and MOD North American Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean I understand people want to race but, we are running some Mod NAC's at a PRO Nationals. Its not a stock/ mod/ pro regional race. Why is there even issues on what classes are being run? I mean 250/350 hydro or Runabout guys know why they are not on the schedule for the APBA stock/mod nationals
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

(2) OSY 397s
      (1) K Pro
      (1) 125h
      (1) 175h
      (1) 1100R
      (1) 500mh
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• Black Sheep
        Black Sheep commented
        Editing a comment
        Add 700R too Mr. Guido!

Originally posted by Bob Rusnak
      It is just a shame the USTS has scheduled their race the same weekend. With the decline in racing, support is needed by all sanctions to remain strong.
      That was Bob Rusnak. Now, this isn't an attempt to start anything; it's just a thought for the future. Is this USTS/APBA schedule clash intentional? Surely not, though I get the impression of less-than-friendly competition between the two bodies for an ultimate monopoly in alky racing. That's okay, let the best operation prevail, BUT in the meantime it is sad that two towns that are enthusiastic about racing will have to split the turnout of boats for their events. When outboard racing is lucky enough to have the avid backing of a host town, the racers' part of the bargain ought to include full or nearly-full twelve-boat fields. Running a lot of half-full classes isn't a good substitute. THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS CRITICISM, especially not of all those who are working very hard on these races. But Bob is right. It doesn't seem fair to either town.

Comment

Just a reminder to secure your hotel rooms NOW!! Big crowd is coming and the town fills up for the fireworks. Photo from 2013 by Jean Tennell Kingston 2013 250.jpg
        Last edited by David Weaver; 06-12-2015, 11:46 AM.
        David Weaver

Comment

If the Super 8 hotel in Kingston is full, other hotels are available in Harriman at I-40 exit 347 (5 miles west): Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Rodeway Inn.

100% real gas is available at Weigels (2.3 miles from pits) and Big E's (3.7 miles from pits).
          Tom Burwinkle
          11-K
          sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post

That was Bob Rusnak. Now, this isn't an attempt to start anything; it's just a thought for the future. Is this USTS/APBA schedule clash intentional? Surely not, though I get the impression of less-than-friendly competition between the two bodies for an ultimate monopoly in alky racing. That's okay, let the best operation prevail, BUT in the meantime it is sad that two towns that are enthusiastic about racing will have to split the turnout of boats for their events. When outboard racing is lucky enough to have the avid backing of a host town, the racers' part of the bargain ought to include full or nearly-full twelve-boat fields. Running a lot of half-full classes isn't a good substitute. THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS CRITICISM, especially not of all those who are working very hard on these races. But Bob is right. It doesn't seem fair to either town.
            Not sure why they are doing like this? I remember the late great Charolete Queen saying she always checked with Nancy kirts on the schedule

Stupid and that's criticism.

Don't care, just dumb

And what the hell is so complicated about putting the 850 mods on the schedule David? The DSH want to run and come down

Stupid. All the other pros Will be in Springfield.
            Last edited by Bear513; 06-13-2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

About the Kingston Race -

We are most thankful to have the town of Kingston sponsor this race. Planning for this 2015 event began last July, immediately following the 2014 APBA PRO Nationals. We do not have unlimited access to the water each day, so we cannot put on every class in the Mod category. We allowed the Mod Commission to pick a limited number of classes for NAC's. Sorry if your class was not included. We look forward to putting on a good event, entertaining our enthused fans and supporting the town and businesses that are providing generous support to this event. No one is more disappointed than the race committee that there is a conflict with another significant PRO race.
              David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by Bear513 View Post
                Not sure why they are doing like this? I remember the late great Charolete Queen saying she always checked with Nancy kirts on the schedule

Stupid and that's criticism.

Don't care, just dumb

And what the hell is so complicated about putting the 850 mods on the schedule David? The DSH want to run and come down

Stupid. All the other pros Will be in Springfield.
                the answer is really simple actually............during the National Meeting, the Pro Commissioner came into the MORC and asked if we would be willing to include limited MOD classes for Kingston Pro Nats (it is the PRO Nats ya know, not just a regular local race).........the decision was to allow select MOD classes to run the race with NAC status......to make it a more exclusive race for the MODS.......we could not include ALL MOD classes with NAC status, as it would not have been fair to other parts of the country.............this is a "get your foot in the door" race for MOD to be teaming up with the PRO's for the future National Championships combined.......which will happen in 2017...........good luck to all attending the Kingston race, it should be a great one!!!!!!1
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I may have missed this in an earlier post but what day is registration or will there be registration each day? Do we need to be there on the 1st or just the day we are scheduled to race and can register that morning along with a drivers meeting for that day. Thanks.
                  Joe Silvestri
                  CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                  JH/JR

Comment

• DiGia54D
                    DiGia54D commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Joe, the last couple of years you could register the day you raced. David can clarify though.

Joe, thank you for bringing up registration. We are not taking pre-registrations. I believe that we will have registration set-up beginning on June 30th in the Pits or another designated area. Registration will be open on the 1st and you must register prior to testing. If you test without completing registration, you may be suspended from the event. If you are unable to arrive by the 1st, please let someone on the race committee know in advance. We will accommodate late arrivals, but must know that you are coming. Thank you. Let us know if there further questions.
                  David Weaver

Comment

• David Weaver
                    David Weaver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My bad, you can mail entries into our scorer Joyce Golley (see approved sanction). Thanks.

Have my hotel reservation. Loaded 2 500MR's on the trailer.

Jeff
                  5-P

Comment

Methanol - Last year we secured a source for methanol and had several drums delivered to the race site. I believe the fuel worked well and was reasonably priced. I have been asked by one team about methanol for this year. Anyone else need fuel delivered to the site? Please let me know by Thursday night and I will check with our source from last year. There may be a VP distributor in the area, but was more expensive in past.
                    David Weaver

Comment

• Black Sheep
                      Black Sheep commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, it was very reasonably priced, and delivered to the pits. Just so everyone knows, he was cash only. He was a really nice guy too!

J-Dub

Team Dinner - There will be a complementary dinner on Wednesday night in town, a couple hours after testing completes. We need to develop a rough head count to provide to the caterers. Please indicate on this thread how many from your team will likely attend. Thanks, David
                    David Weaver

Comment

• burl11
                      burl11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      South of the River Racing team = 2

Tom & Nicki

• Jeff5P
                      Jeff5P commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jeff and Mary Williams - 2

• wrath of cron
                      wrath of cron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      the boys from Jersey 2

dave
                    leslie and i for the dinner. also will the ethanol sales guy be selling it by the gallon or barrel only?
                    thanks
                    john

Comment

• David Weaver
                      David Weaver commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Drum Only last year

2- Joe and Dante Silvestri
                    Joe Silvestri
                    CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                    JH/JR