APBA PRO Nationals and MOD North American Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave
    If you move the 125H to thursday you would have more boats,Also we could bring a 350H.
    Tom
    Last edited by Tom Cronk; 06-07-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Jeez, Tom............ 7 175H already registered for this weekend........Doesn't sound dead to me........And please tell all the other 175H drivers......I don't think they Know...

Comment

you have 350MH and 500MH listed on the schedule for Friday. Will they be in different flights or is that schedule one big flight for the day. Reason I ask is that I use the same boat for both classes with different motors. Thanks.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

• David Weaver
          David Weaver commented
          Editing a comment
          Joe, we provide an award for most motor changes within a flight!!! We will make sure that you and others are not "jammed". DW

There have been a number of reasonable questions regarding tow money. At this point, I cannot tell anyone how much they will receive. Tow money payouts will depend upon number of trailers (or car tops in some cases), number of entrants, whre trailer hale from,etc. I can tell you that following last year's race, we gladly paid a little over $11,000. The average check was a little over $375. That is not too shabby. Again, we appreciate our generous hosts for helping with travel expenses!!
        David Weaver

Comment

If you run 125 Hydro on Thursday you might get a couple of more, Ray Hammond notably. I Would love to make this race someday. It's just about impossible for me to get off from work then. Good luck to everybody
          Jon Eldredge Jon Eldredge

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the scheduling. We will consider the feedback, but we expect a strong turnout of 125 hydro's. We want to put strong classes on the water Saturday and I expect that we will have 8 to 12 125 hydro's. We expect another large turnout of racing fans on the 4th and want to give them the best show possible.
            David Weaver

Comment

Charley, anyone down that way coming up?
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Coming with a 125 hydro and 175 hydro. Hopefully we will be dialed in when we show up this time.

Comment

I would love to bring my Tohatsu DSH to run in D mod. But thanx forward thinking mod guys....I can't. Keep that in mind boys.....the things you decide at the annual meeting are affecting a lot of people. Keep that in mind. My money will not be supporting this event. But it could be, Keep that in mind. A beyond frustrated former mod member.

Comment

• Harold8
                  Harold8 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The DSH was excluded because? Too Fast?

• Steve Dunn Racing
                  Steve Dunn Racing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can run 850mh

• ajennings4p
                  ajennings4p commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dave this has been going on for longer then 1 year. I dont know how long but its been at least 4-5 years. How many times is this going to be brought up again??

Was planning on coming with a 250MH but also didn't realize racing started on Thursday. Will watch for updated schedules to decide if we can make it or not. Would need 250 MH scheduled for late Fri or Saturday.

Comment

So where goes 850 mod hydro ??? Most of us are equipped to run hydro or runabout in any case.

Comment

• David Weaver
                    David Weaver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry, 850 Mod Hydro is not on the schedule.

So, we are less than a month away from this event. Please be sure to secure your hotel rooms NOW! I have received a number of phone calls,e-mails and messages that indicate a good turnout of boats. For the moment, we holding to the schedule provided above. We will add the PRO runabout classes (125,250, 350 and 700) should we have sufficient entries.

Kingston is located in Roane County and we will be racing on a portion of Watts-Barr Lake. There is plenty to do in this area,so please check out the link below. And remember, the fireworks show July 4th is spectacular and all who stayed after racing last year were impressed with the show.

http://www.roanetourism.com/
                  David Weaver

Comment

Some health issues have rendered me fairly usesless so far this year as a new Mod Commissioner and I really did want to make some waves. I have long been advocating a better jell of mod and pro events and was thrilled when the tennesseee thing started to come together. But the failure to be more inclusive I think makes for a less than stellar first effort. I well recall races all over the northeast back in the 50s. Most were ONE DAY events with no testing and were well attended and typically awarded trophies and prize money. Yes I would bring our 850 MH rigs to this big show for one day and two heats! It looks like your problem is just about the number of classes to schedule. And, I will bet by the time no-shows are accounted for, there would be ample opportunity to get us in the program. And it only takes three or four of us running to put on the most exciting mod show. Yes , I did suggest no testing . This is a mid season event. Your stuff should be race ready. My dad always insisted you go to the races to race , not fix things and test.( admittedly, his namesakes are dismal failures at this judging from our last few years.) If it isn't race ready you don't go, you stay home and get it right. Isn't there still time to do a little dynamic thinking on this schedule ? What would a required pre-registration reveal ? I suspect that we are not the only mod people who feel slighted. We have paid our dues as well as any mod team...showing up at louisianna, Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan, etc,etc and right on up to Maine and Canada.
                    Grimes Team

Comment

• David Weaver
                      David Weaver commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the input Hunter. The schedule is set, we will not be adding classes. I am sorry that 850 MHis are not on the schedule. We are excited to have the NAC's for the classes that are being run.

• dwhitford
                      dwhitford commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very well said, Hunter!

Originally posted by Tom Cronk View Post
                    Dave
                    If you move the 125H to thursday you would have more boats,Also we could bring a 350H.
                    The 175H is a dead class..Tom
                    I have only said this about a million times, But all 125 motors are legal 175 motors! THEY ARE NOT STEP UPS! Read the rules! Steve

Comment

Looking forward to this race! I have talked to several of the Mod drivers that will be going and this should be a great show of mod drivers in the classes that will be running. This should be a great race in the Mod classes with the best of the best racing! See you soon, jimmy

Comment

• Danny Pigott
                        Danny Pigott commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have great memories of Kingston, won a few Nat's there when the MOD Nat's were held there from 75 to 79. Pits were in the park , you could see 12 boats coming at you as the first turn was there also. They have had races there from in the 50's very historical water. The road that runs along the course is named Race street. These people try really hard to have this race the MOD classes this year might save it.
                    Working...
                    X