APBA PRO Nationals and MOD North American Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APBA PRO Nationals and MOD North American Championships

Kingston, Tennessee will host the PRO Nationals again this year July 1 through July 4th. Additional racing is being added this year with several Modified classes competing for North American Championships. Finally, J Hydro will have an opportunity to race again this year. The schedule will be modified somewhat this year with racing taking place on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. July 1st will be dedicated to testing and there will be opportunities to test each day prior to racing.

We will have more details over the coming days, but please put this race on your calendar!! Kingston is an outstanding host and the July 4th fireworks show received rave reviews last year.

I believe the following Mod classes will compete for N A C's:

350ccMH
    500ccMH
    750ccMH
    250ccMH
    500ccMR
    850ccMR

Open pipes in the mountains!!! The town will know that you are out there.

All PRO classes are on the schedule.

More to come soon!!
    Last edited by David Weaver; 05-14-2015, 10:08 AM. Reason: No ASX hydro this year.
    David Weaver

Need to know What Classes will run Thursday??
    Tom

Comment

How many K-Pros do you think will come? We're looking to bring at least one from out west. Would like to give the kiddo a chance to go boating!
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• ChrisH
        ChrisH commented
        Editing a comment
        John, There will be a Hellsten and Thirlby boat each for sure and I have heard rumor of Payne. Bring it. Chris

• wrath of cron
        wrath of cron commented
        Editing a comment
        It is looking good that Johnnie and I will be there to run KPRO and JH, we will also have his J/AX runabout in the trailer. I don't know where we will be allowed to park but hopefully close to the pits

• guedo499
        guedo499 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great to hear. We're bringing one from the NW, so the kiddos should have a blast boating!

Jones 125cch/175cch/OSY/850ccmr
      Me 125cch/175cch and anything else someone may let me drive
      Last edited by DiGia54D; 05-29-2015, 03:56 AM.
      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

TOW MONEY - We will again have tow money to offer due to the generosity of our sponsors!! Tow Money will be available to all PRO and MOD teams. It is distributed based upon a per "trailer basis" and distance travelled. I received great feedback on the tow money pay out the past two years (although I received the smallest checks!!!).

Schedule - Tom, this is still under consideration. I am not sure that we can offer more than a tentative schedule until we have idea of participation by class. We need to put on an entertaining show over three days.

K PRO - I hope there will be a lot of K PRO's in attendance!!!

ASX - This class is not scheduled for this year. Only Junior Hydro and K PRO.
        Last edited by David Weaver; 05-14-2015, 10:09 AM.
        David Weaver

Comment

Johnnie and I are thinking about being there to run Kpro and whatever j/ax classes are run. You might get a few more if you consider running j or ax runabout.

Comment

The town is once again very excited about hosting this boat racing event. Kingston and the surrounding area are full of race "crazy" fans. Many locals attended the fall USTS race in Johnson City (about 1.5 hours away). Having two close events creates greater fan interest. True story, I received a call from a local Kingston fan in December to wish me Merry Christmas and to let me know that the town is most excited to have the boat race return. Very cool. And of course, we race parallel to Race Street

Again this year, there will be a driver and crew dinner party one evening following racing. The food has been great the past two years.
            David Weaver

Comment

By the Way, each Modified Outboard class will race one day with a 3 heat format. Places determined by cumulative points. Hopefully, it will be necessary to split some of the fields. In this case, the top point earners will advance to the final heat.
              David Weaver

Comment

dave
                will the pits be in the same place?

Comment

• David Weaver
                  David Weaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  John, the answer is maybe.....we may very well move some of the trailers or most of the trailers closer to the race course this year. We will have more details about the pitting soon.

• nickster
                  nickster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be great!!

• Kristi Ellison
                  Kristi Ellison commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The pits are moving closer to the crowd and the race course. That will allow motor homes to camp in the old pit area with no hookups first come basis.

Hi David, I'm really hoping you run us mods on Saturday so we can make it with our work schedule, planning on running most all the Mod classes. Thanks jimmy

Comment

• David Weaver
                  David Weaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jimmy, we will do our best. My guess that the classes will be spread over the three days. A lot of people to accomodate this year!!

Like the idea of having some of the popular mod classes. I just wish we could bring our 750 runabout there, should be fun to run 850 and step up to the 1100 class, It is just a shame the USTS has scheduled their race the same weekend. With the decline in racing, support is needed by all sanctions to remain strong. I applaud you for doing everything to make this event happen. Wish for a successful race.

Comment

• David Weaver
                  David Weaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bob, would enjoy having you guys bring your 750 runabout. Beautiful race site and a great town. We are most fortunate to have an enthusiastic town embrace outboard racing.

Kingston Tentative Classes and Schedule

We will run a 3 heat format for all classes. There will be testing each morning from 1000-1145 as time and weather permits.

125H
                175H
                250H
                350H

KPH
                JSH
                OSY
                500R
                700R
                1100R

CSerR
                CRacR
                CSerH
                CRacH

250MH
                350MH
                500MH
                500MR
                750MH
                850MR

WED:1000-1045 KPH and JSH Testing; OPEN TESTING 1045-1600

THU: CRacH, 175H, 500R, JSH; 350H, OSY, CSerR. 21 heats

FRI: CRacR, 700R, 350MH, KPH; 1100R, CSerH, 500MH. 21 heats

SAT: 250MH,125H, 500MR; 750MH, 250H, 850MR. 18 heats

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                Tomtall 06

Comment

• David Weaver
                  David Weaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We do not have 125cc, 250cc or 350cc (PRO) runabout on the schedule above. If we have boats for these classes, we absolutely will run these.

• wrath of cron
                  wrath of cron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you may want to consider not having Kpro and JH running back to back. That is 6 heats in a row for the kids....and fathers

• David Weaver
                  David Weaver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right now, those classes race on two different days. There will probably be some tweaks to the schedule. K PRO and J's will have test water together.

Jimmy Warren 350mh 500mh 750mh 850mr..... can't wait to race here!!! I have heard nothing but good about Kingston!!!

Comment

1-500mr
                  82F
                  Mark O'Brien

Comment

Dave, Keep us posted if you hear of any 250ccrs coming. We wont bring unless we know others will be there. As much as i can tell Tennell would have the only other one
                    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• David Weaver
                      David Weaver commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wayne, will do. But I will throw a little responsibility on you guys to recruit others for your classes!! We will do our best and we secured the venue and sponsorship. There may be some 350 runabouts coming....more to come and, of course, a 250cc GRM is legal in 350cc runabout.

• DiGia54D
                      DiGia54D commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Understood, But I did try and recruit. That's why I said Tennell. Unless someone buys a 250ccr this month I already know where all the others will be...lol. I know Zachs father is supposed to bring his 350 but nobody else.

• R13racer
                      R13racer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think my 350R will be making the trip. If it will make or break someone's nationals let me know but it adds more work for my dad and one more spot on the trailer. Zach
                  Working...
                  X