No announcement yet.

New Winnebago Marathon Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darrel, either venue sounds good to me and it's my guess that you would have strong support from all the Mich marathon drivers. I sent you a PM regarding a TOPO contact.

Sam,
    87-M

Comment

Without a doubt, i'd be in!! I know my cousin Dustin would be too. I'm betting this would be something to draw my dad out of retirement as well. HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 53-W View Post
        It may never happen, but i will look into it. I am looking at 2 days of aprox 45 miles each day.
        53w
        Never say "NEVER" man!
        I never thought I get a race at Pell Lake... but guess what?

Comment

I would love to run this race if it goes down i could see if there is anybody in the SLT`s besides myself. I Have been looking at old pic`s of that race it`s a dream of mine thats if we as a group could get the invite man i hope it happens how cool would that be TopO and lake winnibago marthons just awsome

Comment

Bump to the top.

Any news?

Comment

Interest Confirmed?

With 3,500 views and 35 replies, Id say there's some kind of interest!!

Anyone notice, we now have just THREE races in Wisconsin

Comment

I have not given up on them, just kinda doing this on my own at the momant.
                With the insurance problems in APBA, I kinda lost interest in putting alot of effort in to it.
                This would be a very big undertaking for my club and without any local help, money and interest it is at a stand still.
                I am still looking just not much foward movement.

Any one got about a spare $20000.00 it would help!!!

53w

Comment

Awe Geeze !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - :

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
                    Without a doubt, i'd be in!! I know my cousin Dustin would be too. I'm betting this would be something to draw my dad out of retirement as well. HELL YEAH!!!
                    Charlie, 149M, (might come out of early retirement for this one also).

Comment

Darrel...
                      Check with the Milwaukee Journal/Sentnel. They were sponsors back in the
                      50s. You could also talk to the Fond du Lac Chamber, as the race started & finished there. The Fond du Lac Yacht Club helped with patrol/pick up boats.
                      The Oshkosh Yacht Club might help to get from Winnebago to the 41 bridge.
                      The Pioneer Hotel might help with some sponsership, as the route would turn from Winnebago into the Fox River right in front of there.
                      Just thinking out loud....
                      Norm

Comment

i have been out of racing awhile but i would love to do it this is something my dad (BOB GRUNSKA) did and i would like to get a crack at it

Comment

Come -Come Now !

Git Er Dunn !

Comment

I went up and tried to run Top-O agian!!!! Had very awsome time and hats off to Top-O club!!!!

Are new insurance is willing to work with us on this type of a race!!!
                            So after WI hunting season is done. I will do some more work in seeing if this can be done at one of the 2 courses that I am looking at.

53w

Comment

Originally posted by 53-W View Post
                              I went up and tried to run Top-O agian!!!! Had very awsome time and hats off to Top-O club!!!!

Are new insurance is willing to work with us on this type of a race!!!
                              So after WI hunting season is done. I will do some more work in seeing if this can be done at one of the 2 courses that I am looking at.

53w

Looking forward to seeing you next year as well!! (I didn't finish my one and only attempt..maybe we'll get our "Finished Top O" medals in 2013!!)

I'm more than positive that you can count on plenty of support from Top O Club..and alot of participants as well...Carry On Sir!!
                              Roger A 68M
                              Team Casual

Comment

Anyone from Oshkosh area that wants to do this and help out, come to the oshkosh race labor day weekend and talk to me.
                                Darrel
                                53-W

Comment

Working...
                                X