New Winnebago Marathon Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
    Hey Davey, we all know how you hate to travel!
    Ryan-
    It's about 20 feet from my beer fridge to the lake. I think I can make that trip.
    DAVEY 18w

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by 22W View Post
      I wanna pit from Kamp Hemp. Of course I am sure all the Kurz boys would feel right at home.
      You know it. Can we ride em' in to the pits from Camp Hemp??

Comment

I am thinking on J runabout, and all stock runabout, blow-ups and maybe a jet ski class to get a good boat count?

53w

Comment

I'll donate another tank for the winner of BSR!!!!!!!
          That would be the standard bar tank like the one that
          I donated for the Nationals.
          Last edited by runabout333; 09-16-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

1953 marathon film

check this out

http://vimeo.com/5690154

Comment

Originally posted by 18W View Post
              Ryan-
              It's about 20 feet from my beer fridge to the lake. I think I can make that trip.
              I think I can make that trip too!!
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I believe "TEAM CASUAL" would bring 4 or 5 boats, what a dream race this would be

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Originally posted by 53-W View Post
                  Definitely watch... this was the original 92 mile course starting and finishing in my home town, Neenah, WI

When men were men and women were glad of it.

Of course, I was just a 9 year old kid, but I was there!

I'd love to see ANY new Winnebagoland Marathon happen. You pick the course route, selected for whatever reasons. Municipalities, I expect, will be the hard part in getting approvals...

Good luck with this.

Jerry

Comment

I'd love to be a part of repeated history.......count me in with a CSR. I know of several others that I'm sure would jump in as well.

Sam,

87-M
                    Last edited by Islandmon; 09-19-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

let me know if ya'll would like some photos of the winnebago marathon from the early 60's... Just to give you an idea of what conditions you could be dealing with. My father was a marathon dominator in CU, as it was known in those days. That race was easily the most grueling in his circuit.
                      Hunter III

Comment

Count me in just need to find a boat to put my y80 on. My dad might he remembers watching that race when he was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                          let me know if ya'll would like some photos of the winnebago marathon from the early 60's... Just to give you an idea of what conditions you could be dealing with. My father was a marathon dominator in CU, as it was known in those days. That race was easily the most grueling in his circuit.
                          Hunter III
                          Post some of those pictures please, we love old racing pictures.
                          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Read about the Marathon

Here's a link to a book that tells the history of the Marathon. You'll recognize the names of racers in the pictures and the story

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Boat-Rac.../dp/1432728296

Comment

Throw in Stock Classic and I know three drivers who would go. Jack Deck (100S)

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feed back on this race. I will look into it and go as far as i can with it. If it happens, it happens.

I do have a 100% river marathon course that I am looking at also, so hopfully one or the other will work out.

If interested look at the Fox River map from Berlin, WI to Princeton, WI I think this would be about 50 Miles round trip of very twisted river.

Yes send or post some old Winnebago Marathon pictures if you got them.

I also need a contact for the Top O club. I would like to use your club as a referance for this type of racing for any of my local dnr and township questions?

Darrel
                                53w
                                Last edited by 53-W; 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X