New Winnebago Marathon Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Winnebago Marathon Course

I am going to look into running a stock marathon agian in WI. It may never happen, but i will look into it. I am looking at 2 days of aprox 45 miles each day.

I need to know if there is any driver interest in doing this and second problem is making it legal and get control of the rivers involved.

Clock start on Fox River in Eureka go through Winniconnie up to Freemont around Partridge lake and back to Eureka.

Do to boat traffic this will have to be ran in early spring, late fall, or during the week in the summer.

Just throwing this out there to see if any marathon drivers interested in this.

53w

Interested?

Of course I'm interested. Please.. let me know when.

Comment

Wisconsin Marathon.

An interesting course. A good mix of twisting river and large lake...I love it!

I am interested.

Comment

I am very interested.

Comment

awesome!

I have dreamed of being able to race this. Please let me know how we can help you achieve it!
          http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Ahhhh YEAH!!
            Roger A 68M
            Team Casual

Comment

Great idea

I'd hope that the history of that race would help with resurecting it. I know that Kyle and I would be there. He hasn't gotten a ticket in Wisconsin!

Steve Roskowski

Comment

Doubt I'll finish but I'm in! You can count Nick Jenkins in too.

Comment

Anybody got an old 'B' boat I can borrow? Sounds like fun D, go for it.
                  Ryan Runne
                  9-H
                  Wacusee Speedboats
                  ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

This would be one I would try.

Talk about, in your backyard. My grandparents had a cottage in Winneconne. I know the whole course with my eyes closed.

Crossing Lake Poygan can be pure survival. I've been on the lake many times with 4 and 5 footers. Poygan is very shallow. I think the average depth is around 7 feet. It gets stirred up in a hurry.

One thing to remember, the Wolf River is very popular with Walleye and White Bass fisherman in the stretch from Orihulla to Freemont in the spring. To make it work, you may have to run up to Tustin instead or turn by Duck Inn before entering the river.

Tim
                    Tim Weber

Comment

Don't know if I could make it, it's too far away.
                      DAVEY 18w

Comment

Don't know Davie, but the sloppy donkey could probably get there!
                        Gene Schertz 26V
                        TEAM CAFFEINE
                        Cranked up and ready to Roll
                        Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Hey Davey, we all know how you hate to travel!
                          Ryan Runne
                          9-H
                          Wacusee Speedboats
                          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

bump

Comment

I wanna pit from Kamp Hemp. Of course I am sure all the Kurz boys would feel right at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X