Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunnville, Ontario, Aug 14-15, 60 cent entries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TPLACE31 View Post
    Mike Werner & the TORC Team -

Thanks for a great two days of racing. Apparently it was all myth about wind and rough water at Dunnville. Hope it was as successful for the Town.

(Don't forget to warn the locals that there may be a sharp object along the river bed in the vicinity of the first turn.)

31-A
    Steve for once its not Gill
    Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
    The eh TEAM
    "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

Couple of photo's of Dunnville races on Sat.

Just three shots from "Thunder on the Grand".
      Attached Files

Comment

Partial results...

Saturday results...

DSH -
        1. Rob Dixon (2-2)
        2. Bill Keegan (5-1) on time
        3. Steve Noury (1-5)

25SSH - ELEVEN BOATS!!
        1. Bob Howe (1-2)
        2. Brian Rossman (DNS - 1)
        3. Tristan Andrew (3-3)

CSR -
        1. Jordan Elliot
        2. Michael Rorke
        3. Rick Wagner

Note- It was 31-A that lost a gearfoot on the way to the first turn in heat one.

Not sure of Sunday results in detail as we hit the road at 2PM. Howe did finish with a third in 25SSH, Rossman 1st.
        Last edited by TPLACE31; 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]Bonus points added if [/I][/B]story is told with regard to whomever lost their lower unit (ON THEIR ENGINE)…how‘d it happen/what class/is it recovered/etc…../QUOTE]

Dust; -this is totally 3rd/4th? hand intel, overheard in the 'beer-pit' while the Janis Joplin 'wanna-bee' was 'pre-forming'. The tears were not being shed over the loss of a Yamato l/u, but apparently, the loss of a prop,
          out 'on-loan' from a 'top-gun' in Reg1
          Brian Hendrick, #66 F
          "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Here's what the local press had to say Dunnville Chronicle
            Last edited by leweee; 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Any KG4s show up?Im glad to see the classics finally on a schedule.Wish more clubs would include them.
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
                Any KG4s show up?Im glad to see the classics finally on a schedule.Wish more clubs would include them.
                No KG4s, a gaggle of 20H poppers, a 25ss mod, one hot M30H mod, one DCH, ie; M58H.
                Lots of mid 70s OMC triples in the reinvented 'V' bottom class,
                ie; T750/T850, and a Merc 650XS, least I forget
                It is the club that has to put them on the sanction. Some fear they will extend an already long race day, but if they slot then into appropriate classes, as 'no-points' entrys, it just adds to the show, and entry $$$$.
                But, other than poppers, and DCHs, which run as DSH, and they are d**m glad to have them, few ever show,
                or run....
                Attached Files
                Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Well Done in Dunnville

Benjamin Franklin once said that well done is better than well said. I'm happy to say that Mike Werner, Dunnville Chamber of Commerce, Dunnville Boat Club, the Keegans and TORC did an excellent job last weekend. The combined efforts of all those involved produced a fun weekend on the Grand. The tee shirts looked great. The hospitality of the Websters and the Werners was once again over the top. Thanks to Lorie for the great food off the grill. Great food, plenty of cold beer, good race course, and SPECTATORS. WELL DONE!
                  A big thanks to the racers who loaned me a hair dryer and generator so I could dry out my truck's ignition system and make it home by 9:00 pm. I used one tank of gas to get there and home from northeast Ohio. Next year? I hope so!!!!

Here's 4 pics I took:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is another newspaper article that came out yesterday....

http://www.sachem.ca/sports/article/217614

Thunder on the Grand is back in a big way

By Lacie Williamson

Sports
                    Aug 24, 2010

The Dunnville shores of the Grand River were lined with spectators of all ages on August 13 through 15, ready to enjoy the sights of Thunder on the Grand after a decade long hiatus.

Thunder on the Grand was a well-known and popular event when it ended ten years ago, but in order to properly celebrate Dunnville’s 150th birthday this year, members of the Dunnville Chamber of Commerce thought there was no better way than to bring back the beloved event.

The evening of Friday, August 13 began the events with a Meet the Drivers party hosted by the Dunnville Boat Club.

There were photos and video clips of past races, and the event allowed both the racers and fans to mingle and reminisce.

The drivers had a chance before the race days to get to know one another, as some of them had travelled from Ohio, Maine, New York, New Hampshire, and Quebec and across Ontario.

Both Saturday and Sunday the races were on, held on the upper section of the Grand River.

The winds were manageable both days, however Saturday’s races were complicated by personal water crafts that were enjoying the weather close to the race track.

This problem was eliminated Sunday with the help of local Police Marine Unit, who kindly asked those in the vicinity to go elsewhere or slow down to decrease the wake.

Regardless of natural or man-made conditions, the racers operated the boats accordingly with only one crash the entire weekend. The racer was released after being checked by on-site medics.

Second generation racer Andrew Fralick was present the entire weekend.

“The team setting up this event made it the premier event on the outboard racing circuit as far as I’m concerned,” said Fralick. “I would not be surprised to see it win the award from the Canadian Boating Federation for ‘Event of the Year’. And I know for sure I will be back… and will tell my racing friends to come, too.”

Fralick has been racing for 29 years and had attended past Thunder on the Grand events.

“The draw to the Thunder on the Grand as a driver (is) definitely (having) a town behind the races and a great body of water to race on with good spectator base. It’s great racing in front of a big crowd. “

The event brought racings fans from across Ontario, as well as local fans to cheer on the local racer Mike Werner Jr, who placed second in Saturday’s ASR– ‘A’ Stock Runabout, and first in Sunday’s ASR- ‘A’ Stock Runabout.
                    Fralick Racing
                    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Working...
                    X