Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunnville, Ontario, Aug 14-15, 60 cent entries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuengling

Originally posted by Dust33
    What in the name of Sam Hill is Yeungling Lager?!?!??!
    DUST33, because you're an avid supporter of the CDN race circuit, I've got your back on this one. Otherwise I'd be asking if you've been living your life out on the Bayou?... or are you one of those NH 'Mountain Men', with too much time at the copper still cooking corn whiskey?

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:
    D.G. Yuengling & Son, commonly called Yuengling is the oldest operating brewing company in the United States, having been established in 1829, and is one of the largest breweries by volume in the country. It is the second largest American owned brewery after the Boston Beer Company.[1] Its headquarters is in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.[2]
    Yuengling produces 1.2 million barrels (140 million liters) annually, which as of 2005, placed it sixth among American commercial breweries. Besides its two Pennsylvania facilities, Yuengling also operates a brewery in Tampa, Florida.
    Yuengling is pronounced /ˈjɪŋlɪŋ/ ( listen) YING-ling.}}, which may give a false impression of a Chinese instead of German origin, but is an Anglicized version of the German term for "young man". The family-owned brewery has traditionally changed ownership through the purchase of the company by the offspring of the previous owner.[3] Due to the popularity of Yuengling Traditional Lager in Pennsylvania, it can be ordered by simply asking for a lager, especially in eastern parts of the state.[4]

Pal, to redeem yourself, I'm going to suggest you muster courage to bring 2 cases over, one for me, the other for all of your compatriots, to save face. I'm not saying it's the best beer in the world, but I like it. Get it on ice, we'll crack the first one as soon as you pull in Friday.
    Cheers,
    Hydroid
    Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by Dust33
      What in the name of Sam Hill is Yeungling Lager?!?!??!
      -any time Obama comes up to visit Harper,
      he brings him a 24 of Yuengling.

-and he had to give him two 24s after the Olympics,
      one for the men, and one for the girls.

I don't know what Harper takes to Washington..???
      Molson X ..??
      -maybe nothing, he's cheap
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Fralick's will be there with

25SSH
        ASH
        3X ASR, hired gun in one of them! I think we'll have to give him a breathalyzer though! haha. (two posts up)

Not sure about the Merc20h...
        Fralick Racing
        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

How much beer can I bring into Canada? Anyone know? Two cases?
          If I can find room in the cooler between my Landsharks, I will bring some 'lagers' too!
          http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Don't trust Wikipedia or Wagner's Deutch 101

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:
            D.G. Yuengling & Son, commonly called Yuengling is the oldest operating brewing company in the United States, having been established in 1829, and is one of the largest breweries by volume in the country. It is the second largest American owned brewery after the Boston Beer Company.[1] Its headquarters is in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.[2]
            Yuengling produces 1.2 million barrels (140 million liters) annually, which as of 2005, placed it sixth among American commercial breweries. Besides its two Pennsylvania facilities, Yuengling also operates a brewery in Tampa, Florida.
            Yuengling is pronounced /ˈjɪŋlɪŋ/ ( listen) YING-ling.}}, which may give a false impression of a Chinese instead of German origin, but is an Anglicized version of the German term for "young man". The family-owned brewery has traditionally changed ownership through the purchase of the company by the offspring of the previous owner.[3] Due to the popularity of Yuengling Traditional Lager in Pennsylvania, it can be ordered by simply asking for a lager, especially in eastern parts of the state.[4]

Pal, to redeem yourself, I'm going to suggest you muster courage to bring 2 cases over, one for me, the other for all of your compatriots, to save face. I'm not saying it's the best beer in the world, but I like it. Get it on ice, we'll crack the first one as soon as you pull in Friday.
            Cheers,
            Hydroid[/QUOTE]

I have labored over the pronunciation of Yuengling for several years. I am of German descent and have taken a few classes to learn the German language. To further confuse myself, I have been doing German genealogical research for over ten years. First of all when you see the vowels O and U with an E after it, the phonetic sound of the vowel is the long sound. In other words just like you would pronounce the vowel. Normally the German spelling would be without the "E". Instead there would be two dots over the vowel. These are known as umlauts. We , of course don't use umlauts. As an example the name Konig. Normally there are two dots over the "o". The English way to spell the name is Koenig. I also think the Y in Yuengling was originally a J. Maybe someday when I'm tired of tracing my own family history, I'll check out the Yuengling family. As a side note, how is JUNG street in Toronto pronounced? The German translation for young ist jung mit umlauts uber den u.
            Either way its pronounced, the Yuengling Lager is one of my favorites. My daughter brings me a case every time she visits from Harrisburg. There is another brewery near Lancaster, Pa. that is called BUBES. (Pronounced Boobies) Their claim to fame is that they are the longest continuous brewery in the United States. Apparently they didn't stop brewing during prohibition.
            And what's with all the towns in Pa. with names like, Mount Gretna, Mount Joy, Mount Hope, Mount Ida, Mount Olive and then there's Intercourse and Lititz.
            Here's another Pennsylvania pronunciation that has me confused. Is Dubois
            pronounced DUE BOYS or is it DUE BWAH. (French) I don't know why I'm even doing this. I'm sitting here on the computer and I've got a boat to load and racing gear to pack. I guess my wife is right. I do procrastinate.
            See you guys tomorrow.

Rick Sr.
            Last edited by Wagneracing06; 08-12-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
              How much beer can I bring into Canada? Anyone know? Two cases?..I will bring some 'lagers' too!
              Hot off the official web-site. This is per adult in the vehicle;

General information
              Alcohol and tobacco

As a visitor or a temporary resident, you may import, free of duty and taxes, the following amounts of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products, as long as these items are in your possession when you arrive in Canada.

Alcoholic beverages
              Alcoholic beverages are products that exceed 0.5% alcohol by volume. If you meet the minimum age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada, you can include limited quantities of alcoholic beverages in your personal entitlement. [Ontario is 19]
              You are allowed to import only one of the following amounts of alcoholic beverages free of duty and taxes:

* 1.5 litres (53 imperial ounces) of wine; or
              * a total of 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of alcoholic beverages; or
              * up to 8.5 litres of beer or ale.
              [8.5l happens to be 24 regular cans/bottles]

Just be sure to declare it all, as worst then can happen
              is u will pay tax on the overage.
              Otherwise they can seize it
              Most times they let u through with extra.
              Brian Hendrick, #66 F
              "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Rick - "German gynecological research for over 10yrs"?..Huh??

Hey Rick,
                My background is Estonian, the language is of Finno-Ugric origin, and we also have umlats over most vowels. Many of our towns are named with Mount, like Mount-A-Ewe,.....Who gives a S--t!?!?!?.... Rick, no more polishing off a 6-pack of Yuengling mid-afternoon.....Now, just put down the shotgun, go to sleep, enjoy sweet dreams of Jaegermeister faeries. Pack boat/gear in the morning. Whew!

You related to THE Richard Wagner (Koenig Vaagner)?...great-great Granddad? We should play Ride Of The Valkyries going up shoot to clock, like the choppers in Apocalypse Now....Very cool!...the smell of castor oil in the morning,...smells like,... VICTORY!

OK. If I've cracked the 'manspeak' code, I think Rick's saying his daughter is not coming home soon, and wants a case as well. So, we're up to 3 cases of Jungfling for tomorrow. Someone call Burt and Sally, get Smokey in the Trans-Am, and get busy w the Bear....I want to have beers w Rick, bravely probe his theories on PA towns named with 'Mount'...hey, how about Mount Gay Rum?...now that's loaded....weak-wristed alcoholic pirates? Stop,... save it for tomorrow!
                You PA TRORA boys may have to leave an engine(or wife) at home, to get the goods across in motor box. Exception: Christine can leave Jeff at home
                We're going to have a great weekend of racing, good weather, and laughs!!
                Rick, first beer's on me; you'll have fun.
                Looking forward to seeing Y'all. Adios, til tomorrow.
                Erik
                TORC Membership Director
                Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

life is too short to drink bad beer....

Well I don't know if I pronounce it right either, but I just enjoyed a cold one here in Buffalo and it was as good as I remember. Sure cannot understand why I can't buy it in Ohio? I only bought a 12 pack to go along with my 12 of Landshark so I should be able to breeze thru the border in the morning with out the white glove treatment.
                  So here I sit in a Red Roof hoping no one finds my hydro out in the parking lot more interesting than I do. With good luck we will all be in Dunnville in the morning only after a stop at the Canadian Tire first just to see what's new.
                  Erik, the lady beside me is gonna give you a big hug tomorrow. Get ready!
                  http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

rick all are higtest gas here is good esso or shell eso station 1 mile away do not forget welcome aboard party at dunnville boat club on lower river side behind arena 500 ft from race site they are looking forward to having all you racers
                    ps it is okay to say you are all my buds mike werner sr 241

Comment

The big bus left Richmond, Maine at 4AM this morning. First stop for driver pickup, Kingston, NH. Last stop Dunville, Ontario.

See y'all by 5PM.

Comment

Well,

It's almost 8 P.M. I'm sitting here at home but my mind and thoughts are at the race with all of you.
                        Can't beleive I've got to sit this one out.
                        Family functions sometimes rule.
                        " everyone enjoy, and most of all, RACE SAFE.

Brant47

Comment

Thank you all for coming to dunnville great safe weekend just like i asked for
                          Town people and chamber very happy Mike Werner 241

Comment

Mike,

Thanks to you, TORC and all the fine people of Dunnville who made the event great. All of us boys from TRORA had a fantastic time. There's nothing like the hospitality of our friends to the North.

Thanks again for a first class weekend.

Dana

Comment

A Big thanks to Mike Werner and everyone else envolved in putting this race on. We Americans had a great time, wonderful hospitality, and plenty of Canadian Beer! Looking forward to next year already.
                              Jesse Ward 15-S

Comment

Mike Werner & the TORC Team -

Thanks for a great two days of racing. Apparently it was all myth about wind and rough water at Dunnville. Hope it was as successful for the Town.

Don't forget to warn the locals that there may be a sharp object along the river bed in the vicinity of the first turn.

31-A

Comment

Working...
                                X