Attn: APBA DSR racers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Been Looking...

I attended many races where there should have been DSRs. I will continue to take my stuff wherever and hope some others show up.

Fred
    Fred Hauenstein

Comment

DSR Constantine

I have been putting a D Runabout Rig together with plans to run a Grass Lake. Since DSR hasn't been run at Constantine for some time , I didn't give Constantine much thought . However, if there is a chance for the class to be run I will make every effort to be there . Bud Hursh

Comment

Fred I hear you. I will have the DSR at Constantine and the Nationals at least.

B

Comment

I can understand a person wanting to support the organization is their area. What I have a hard time understanding if there isn't any boats in the class you want to race and another organization that is in driving distance of you and run your class why would you not attend??????
          Larry McAfee

Comment

Boat count

O.K. besides myself, there's three other possible DSR's for Constantine.
            If I still have a job in June, I'll be there with my DSR too. I will be sure to inform everyone in advance if I have to bail. (on account of getting laid off) I would hate for someone to be left hanging on my account.

Comment

Why no DSR?

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
              D Stock is no longer as popular as it once was for several reasons. ***BW
              Here's the biggest one: inflatable popularity. Once the TOMORC members went to superlight tunnels, DSR all but disappeared. Eddie.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                Here's the biggest one: inflatable popularity. Once the TOMORC members went to superlight tunnels, DSR all but disappeared. Eddie.
                Ed,

That is a very true statment for the most recent years.

Comment

Well I think real issue is the death of the real man. Too many chocolate martini drinking metro males with man purses driving tiny runabouts. Not enough real men to get the job done right now. Look to 750R or 850R if you have big brass ones.

Did I say that out loud?

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                    Well I think real issue is the death of the real man. Too many chocolate martini drinking metro males with man purses driving tiny runabouts. Not enough real men to get the job done right now. Look to 750R or 850R if you have big brass ones.

Did I say that out loud?
                    Brian: This is the reason for the decline in DSR over the last 20 years; my comment was directed to the last 5.

By the way, I agree with everything you say except the "tiny runabouts" part. Real men don't put sissy fins on their runabout- they roll it up. Come try a BSR some time and you'll see why none of us carry those man purses and why PBR is so popular amongst BSR drivers! Eddie.

Let me add: My hats off to Ralph Cook who ran FER at Pineville in a roll-up boat. He was only 2-3 seconds off Luce's record set in a flat-turner and Cook rolled that baby up like it was nobody's business. Very impressive.
                    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Some Facts

Judging by these stats, I'd think the number of small runabout drivers would be radically DECREASING and big runabouts INCREASING.

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are overweight or obese (BMI > 25)?

A: About two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.[6]

All adults: 133.6 million (66 percent)
                      Women: 65 million (61.6 percent)
                      Men: 68.3 million (70.5 percent)

* The statistics presented here are based on the following definitions unless otherwise specified: healthy weight = BMI > 18.5 to < 25; overweight = BMI > 25 to < 30; obesity = BMI > 30; and extreme obesity = BMI > 40.

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are obese (BMI > 30)?

A: Nearly one-third of U.S. adults are obese.[6]

All adults: 63.6 million (31.4 percent)
                      Women: 35 million (33.2 percent)
                      Men: 28.6 million (29.5 percent)

Hats off to Cooper Jess. A real runabout driver stilling rolling up the BSR at age ?????

Comment

hmmm the price of a d(750)mod aren't getting any cheaper especially if you want to go fast, same as a DSR after some 1 like weinant (not sure i spelled his name right) gets done with blueprinting it.

i fail to see how that (price) is an issue.. if ya want to do it you will find a way!!!!! look at me racing all those years on 30 thousand a yr or less ... we make time for the things we want to do!!
                        i took last year off to buy a house i am now a home owner on less than 20 thousand a year . i am hoping my plans come together and make 5 or 6 races this year and have been busy getting my engines right now as for boats we will see i got a rollup with a bottom that was a mess the last 2 years, discovered problem and now repaired should be much better now lol, even a mess it was not, bad just not good enough prop wise lol

Ed how much to get ya to spray it with graphite i loading my guns seriously what best way to do the graphite roll on or spray on ??

as for roll up verses flat turn im impressed with the flat turners they have progressed well the last few years but we shall see how it goes when a guy with his roll has it together.. once its proped right, does. it has been a slow road back (due to low income) since my 13 year lay off still not quite all together engines coming along good boats all but finished from re[pairs and now looking for the propeller we (hopefully shall see)

good luck to all , have fun , be safe , go fast , drink beer and go fast on the next day lol
                        Last edited by RandY Aveline; 04-01-2009, 10:51 AM.
                        Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Originally posted by dholt View Post
                          Judging by these stats, I'd think the number of small runabout drivers would be radically DECREASING and big runabouts INCREASING.
                          Sounds like a fat joke to me. I could race BSR I just would need one for each foot.

B

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                            Let me add: My hats off to Ralph Cook who ran FER at Pineville in a roll-up boat. He was only 2-3 seconds off Luce's record set in a flat-turner and Cook rolled that baby up like it was nobody's business. Very impressive.
                            I am just having some fun on the board today. zit is April 1st. I love the small runabouts... It is like listening to my ex-wife yell at me when they drive through the corners. "Waaannnt waaannnt waannnt" . Thanks for not tossing me out at the nats Ed.

I too am a roll up fan. It is just a little problematic with my unique or as DHolt put it not so unique figure. The ride is smooth and fast and I will be the first to admit it might even take less skill than a roll-up. But I will take less skill and a better ET any day.

Comment

Big Brass Ones??????

The lack of big brass ones go to the leadership that did not enforce the rule of "not 12 at the Nationals, goes probationary" when that was a rule. I agree not having elims at the Nats may be too high a standard these days, but having no standard at all is bad too.

I think having only 2 people race a class in an entire year may be reason enough to at least discuss the future of the class in APBA as far as being able to race for the same awards as the higher participation classes.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not proposing killing a class. I believe anyone with a rig that conforms to the rules and can find someone to run with should be able to race. Just as 2 DSR's did in the '08 racing season.

I just dont think they should be eligible for the same awards as someone that has to fight bigger fields every weekend. This simply means it goes on probation.

Also there is currently no rule for sunsetting a class. I think there should be. It is not fair to people in struggling classes to have to go year to year holding their breath waiting for the rug to get pulled out from under them.

How about: "If four boats in a class do not compete at the Nationals, then the class goes on probationary status until it does. If after 2 years in a row of no entries in the class, the SORC shall vote to maintain the class."

discuss

BW
                              Last edited by B Walker; 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM. Reason: speeling
                              302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Originally posted by RandY Aveline View Post

as for roll up verses flat turn im impressed with the flat turners they have progressed well the last few years but we shall see how it goes when a guy with his roll has it together.. once its proped right, does.
                                Randy,

Have you watched the video of Ralph Cook (roll up) and Kevin McAfee (flat turn) racing their 44 runabouts?

http://www.youtube.com/group/HRTV

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X