Attn: APBA DSR racers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: APBA DSR racers.

Is there anybody out there interested in racing closed course in the DSR class this season? I'm trying to plan out my 2009 season right now. I'm thinking Constantine, MI. June 20-21 might be the best place for us to get together. I'm not going to any races unless I can find three other competitors who are firm on their plan to be there also. Please post here, or PM me to let me know what race or races you'd like to meet up at. I'm flexible, and just wanna race.

Not picking on you Jeff, but there were not 4 Closed Course DSR's that raced in all of APBA last year:

Copied from '08 High Points Summary:

06050 - DSR
    Rank Boat # Name City,State Races Total Points
    1 JOSHUA PEARSON [BERKLEY, MI] 2 400
    2 BUTCH OTT [CANADA, ] 2 169
    Thats it. Just 2 DSR's competed in closed course stock outboard racing last year.

Here is the '07 summary:

06050 - DSR
    1 TRACY PHILLIPS [HARBOR SPRINGS, MI] 2 800
    2 JOHN CUPPS [HARBOR SPRINGS, MI] 2 525
    3 SCOTT LAUER [HARBOR SPRINGS, MI] 2 525
    4 J W MYERS [BURIEN, WA] 1 400
    5 W HOWARD SHAW [EVERETT, WA] 1 300
    6 FRED HAUENSTEIN JR [OSHKOSH, WI] 1 225
    7 RUSS BIRCHER [YELM, WA] 1 169
    8 TODD VEUM [SAULT SAINTE MARIE, MI] 2 169
    9 DREW THOMPSON [MUKILTEO, WA] 1 127
    Here is '06:

06050 - DSR
    1 JOSHUA PEARSON [BERKLEY, MI] 2 1600
    2 FRED HAUENSTEIN JR [OSHKOSH, WI] 1 900
    3 RYAN BURDICK [SUN PRAIRIE, WI] 1 675
    4 ROBERT E SMITH JR [OAKTON, VA] 1 506
    5 TODD VEUM [SAULT SAINTE MARIE, MI] 1 380
    6 DAVID TONGE [TACOMA , WA] 1 300
    7 TRACY PHILLIPS [HARBOR SPRINGS, MI] 1 300
    8 STEVE JOHNSON [JORDAN, MN] 1 285
    9 RUSS BIRCHER [YELM, WA] 4 225
    10 NICK LADD [ALANSON, MI] 1 225
    11 TIM WEBER [ATLANTA, GA] 1 214
    12 DAN HICKS [YELM, WA] 1 169
    13 JAMES LADD [ALANSON, MI] 1 169
    14 JON WALTERS [GREENSBORO, GA] 1 160
    15 J MICHAEL KELLY [PUYALLUP, WA] 2 0
    16 TODD CRAGIN [KIRKLAND, WA] 1 0
    17 THOMAS NUCCIO [CAPE CORAL, FL] 1 0
    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

I'll be running 'C', but.......

Jeff, hope some of the Top'O boys will come race with you. Until then here's a nice shot to whet your appetite. Wouldn't it be great if we could see that much four-cylindar muscle at the short course races?
      Hey hey, look who made the front row!! KampKurz
      Attached Files

Comment

NBRA Races

Can guarantee you some D Run races at all of the ODA events this year.
        Art K

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
          Can guarantee you some D Run races at all of the ODA events this year.
          Art K
          Jeff,

I think Art has the best idea. Especially after reading Brad's post. I've been to a few ODA races and they were all first class, well run races. One good thing about NBRA races is that you can race your Tohatsu in D runabout with other D stock motors and some 40 inch (Mark 55) D mod motors and also step up to E mod (44 inch Mercs) if you want. That gives you more heats per weekend and a good opportunity to test in an actual race. NBRA dues and entry fees are very reasonable too.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I’ll be missing most likely. Baby is due the 13th… so my first race will probably be the nationals.

Where can I find a schedule for these NBRA races?

Comment

Try racenbra.com
              internet racer

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post

Where can I find a schedule for these NBRA races?
                Right here on HydroRacer.net.

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15023

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Cmon Josh

Are you kidding me Josh? Cmon, you can sneak away for a day to race in MI! I won the Nationals in Whitney Point four days after my daughter was born.

CSH12M

Comment

do you have a opinion why no d ruabouts willing to race to day

Comment

D Stock is no longer as popular as it once was for several reasons. But here is the big one:

44XS is an expensive motor compared to other options for people in the weight range big enough to hold down a D. There are now a lot of former D Stockers running C Stock, C Mod, D Mod, and FE.

Some other reasons I have heard:

C Stock now fills the speed range that D's did when everyone had 55H's.

Motor parity is a concern. It seems one 44XS just ain't like another one.

Lots of machining needed on a 44XS to compete at the highest levels of D Stock. I have heard 2000-4000 dollars to blueprint a 44XS.

Theres probably a few other reasons, but I think I got the big ones.

BW
                      Last edited by B Walker; 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM.
                      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Thanks.

Sorry you can't make it to Constantine Josh.
                        Thanks Brad for posting the stats on DSR racers. Yes, I've seen it before. Let's look at it on the bright side... Most of those racers and equipment is still around. Surely I can find just three of them who want to race closed course. I know of a couple others not on the list who could put together a DSR if they wanted to.

Thanks KampKurz for posting the pic. My boat kinda sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it?
                        Thanks Art for the invite to race NBRA. You guys seem to be a great bunch! I may make it to race with you once this season. I just want to try this with APBA one more time. It's sort of a "dance with the one who brung ya" thing.

Anyone wanna race DSR closed course?
                        Last edited by jeff55v; 03-30-2009, 07:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

ODA Races

Jeff hope you can make it to at least one.Races we have scheduled in Illinois.
                          Dallas City Il Jul. 18 one day $2000.00 Prize &tow money
                          Havana Il. Jul. 25-26 $1600.00 Prize & Tow
                          Centralia Il. NBRA Nats. $4500.00 Prize & Tow
                          Lake Shelbyville Il Short Course Nats 3/4 mile course $4500.00 Prize & tow
                          Important If you are APBA member the ODA will pay for a one day membership in the NBRA which is $45.00. If you race the next day you pay $35.00 which will make you a full member of NBRA. Our entry fees are most probably a lot cheaper than you are used to paying. Our safety rules and race safety equipment are on par with any other club.
                          This year their will be 6 Tohatsu`s competing in the D class along with the Mod 40ci Mercs. Incidently A Tohatsu won both the D Hydro & Run. Championships at the Nats last year. If anyone has any questions feel free to call 314-741-0563 or PM me.
                          Art K

Comment

ODA Races

Forgot to mention the Merc 44Xs is a legal engine also in the D class. Just not none of them down this way. The Tohatsu has really taken off in NBRA land.
                            Art K

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                              Sorry you can't make it to Constantine Josh.
                              Thanks Brad for posting the stats on DSR racers. Yes, I've seen it before. Let's look at it on the bright side... Most of those racers and equipment is still around. Surely I can find just three of them who want to race closed course. I know of a couple others not on the list who could put together a DSR if they wanted to.

Thanks KampKurz for posting the pic. My boat kinda sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it?
                              Thanks Art for the invite to race NBRA. You guys seem to be a great bunch! I may make it to race with you once this season. I just want to try this with APBA one more time. It's sort of a "dance with the one who brung ya" thing.

Anyone wanna race DSR closed course?
                              Jeff,

This is the same problem I had after racing DSR since 1995. Its a great ride like no other but its hard to get folks to race at Constantine and Grass Lake etc. Its too bad but its why I got rid of my D stuff for a CSR......Keep swingin' at it.

Gootz

Comment

Working...
                              X