OSY Worlds-Nora, Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSY Worlds-Nora, Sweden

Billy Allen qualifies 5th in Times Trials. 1st heat at 3pm today.

Billy Allen took 4th in Heat One.

Comment

Is the boat that Billy is running the one that Mark Kurz built that Billy also ran at the Pro Nationals? Jack

Comment

billy also has a O'Conner hydro that is UIM compliant. I don't know when they had to send the equipment over to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by B1PRORACER View Post
          billy also has a O'Conner hydro that is UIM compliant. I don't know when they had to send the equipment over to Europe.
          Billy is running the O'Conner in Sweden. sounds like things are going well so far.
          Jon Eldredge Jon Eldredge

Comment

Billy Allen

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
            Is the boat that Billy is running the one that Mark Kurz built that Billy also ran at the Pro Nationals? Jack
            It is a B&H like he ran in Depue but already was in the container on his pick up truck enroute to Sweden.

Comment

Update from Nora

Well, it's about time Bill caught a break in Europe!

As stated above, he was in 5th position in the jetty start in heat one as a result of the time trials.
              Had a problem getting off the beach, but the heat was red flagged so he got another shot.
              A bit slower than the Europeans getting off the beach in the rerun, but went from 8th place to 4th passing the guy he was chasing in the very last corner of the 6th lap!!!!

Stay tuned race fans!
              Twisted Sister

Comment

Lets go Billy!!!!!!
                sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Billy is running the O'Connor that I believe is the 1-B boat. It had the yellow stripes with black outlines before he repainted it. There are pictures of the paint job somewhere, but can't remember.

He also has a U.I.M. compliant hemp kit boat, built by mark kurz, but got it at the nationals and the container was packed well before that.

Thanks for the updates Laurie and go get em' Bill!

Todd

Comment

Go billy go!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TAndersonV11 View Post
                      Billy is running the O'Connor that I believe is the 1-B boat. It had the yellow stripes with black outlines before he repainted it. There are pictures of the paint job somewhere, but can't remember.

He also has a U.I.M. compliant hemp kit boat, built by mark kurz, but got it at the nationals and the container was packed well before that.

Thanks for the updates Laurie and go get em' Bill!

Todd
                      Todd,

You may be right but what I was told at Depue that it also was the B&H that he tried & liked so much he bought it. He had it at an earlier race, I'm not sure if it was Ocoee, winter nationals, or somewhere else that I saw him with it. I guess that I'm under the impression that the one in Depue was brand new. Does the O'Connor boat have the reinforced coamings as required by UIM?

Comment

Originally posted by John Schubert View Post
                        Todd,

Does the O'Connor boat have the reinforced coamings as required by UIM?
                        The O'Connor boat that Billy is running has U.I.M. compliancy, courtesy of Bill Giles. I used photo's of his work to build the 'throttle guard' that I built on the B&H boat that was delivered a little late, I'm ashamed to say, to make the trip overseas. Billy stated that he had a lot of confidence in the O'Connor, and was not too pi**ed off at me for not having mine done in time.
                        Good luck to the 'A' Team, and thanks for the updates.

Comment

John-

Bill had a B&H kit built by Mark delivered to the nationals in 2009 that I don't believe was U.I.M legal. This is probably the one that you saw in Ocoee. The new one you saw at the nationals is basically the same boat, I believe, except for it is U.I.M legal. Bill got whatever needed to be done to make the O'Connor legal to race in Europe, which probably means compliant sides like Mark said.

Mark- I think the boat was worth waiting for! Both boats you have built for bill have beautiful craftsmanship and seeing them run, they work good and have good results.

Todd

Comment

The wind is up today (Sunday) and white caps on the water. They are having a driver's meeting today at noon to determine what to do. They have impounded the first 6 boats. Stay tuned.

Comment

On hold till 2pm

Comment

Working...
                              X