X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If for sure this is the rule then....

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
    here is a copy of the rule for what it is worth:

The stock lower unit (102,202,302, 14:15 ratio, underdrive) may be modified as follows: The shape and size
    of the gear housing may be altered by the addition or removal of material either externally or internally.
    Specifically the R & S dimensions are retained but no other measurements apply. The placement of a water
    inlet pickup in/on the gear housing is permitted.

Sounds like it must be a stock unit to start with.
    It could be argued that a new recast case is modified, Thus permitting this case as the r&s dimensions are followed. This is the problem with rules makers in general. being a pro kind of guy , I could argue this and win, or at least up set the "crowd" on this one. Seems to me what needs to be done is allow this and any other unit in mod as long as it meets the R & S dimensions. A person could make a stock unit this way and meet what the rule say's and be just what is trying to be sold here. Can you say Quincy Looper? same thing different era. REED THE RULES! by what they don't say but not by what they do!

Comment

• J With Stock Gearcase

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...t=11843&page=3

We shortened the mid section, but he gear case would get water, need a bottom water pick up...

Comment

• Almost There

Originally posted by Steve77t View Post
        It could be argued that a new recast case is modified, Thus permitting this case as the r&s dimensions are followed. This is the problem with rules makers in general. being a pro kind of guy , I could argue this and win, or at least up set the "crowd" on this one. Seems to me what needs to be done is allow this and any other unit in mod as long as it meets the R & S dimensions. A person could make a stock unit this way and meet what the rule say's and be just what is trying to be sold here. Can you say Quincy Looper? same thing different era. REED THE RULES! by what they don't say but not by what they do!
        Steve,

We tried to pass that many many years ago. Any gearbox on any modified outboard. Steve Rowkoski was building a gearbox from scratch basically to meet our needs. Without the rule it wouldn't be legal. It still has not passed, so I guess the majority are happy with current selections... to bad. I do believe the intent why it was not passed is that someone with a good amount of cash could and would produce a one off custom job and keep it to themself. It would be kind of like legal cheating. I am in favor of allowing new gearboxes, any of them with only few restrictions. If Jim's new gearcases hold up then why not ? Of course one could argue why not just go Pro if we open everything up in Mod, it would just be gas Pro division. I for one like the Alkies (Pro) and the efforts they do. I also like Mod.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

• These are legal in NBRA C-mod, mod-25 for 102-202-302
          Alan V-25

Comment

• I believe if "any gearcase under any motor" went to a vote in Mod, it would overwhelmingly win and 5 or 6 guys would quit.

I think in addition to Dave's super gearcase scenario, there is fear that those who could afford to would run very small cases in larger classes and just pitch them as expendable, making some classes more expensive to keep up in because you had to afford to scrap a gear case every weekend and consuming equipment from the smaller classes, making their equipment more expensive as well. I do not buy into any of these arguments. If there was a super gearcase, it would be the only gearcase used in PRO
            Last edited by sam; 02-28-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Wrong.........

Originally posted by sam View Post
              I believe if "any gearcase under any motor" went to a vote in Mod, it would overwhelmingly win and 5 or 6 guys would quit.

I think in addition to Dave's super gearcase scenario, there is fear that those who could afford to would run very small cases in larger classes and just pitch them as expendable, making some classes more expensive to keep up in because you had to afford to scrap a gear case every weekend and consuming equipment from the smaller classes, making their equipment more expensive as well. I do not buy into any of these arguments. If there was a super gearcase, it would be the only gearcase used in PRO
              "I believe if "any gearcase under any motor" went to a vote in Mod, it would overwhelmingly win and 5 or 6 guys would quit."

I submitted this proposal years ago (as a commissioner) and it was shot down........
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• YOMATO LITE Gear Box in Stock

Hello Racers;

YOMATO LITE, featuring the World's best "Aspect Ratio" (6.2), and sleek lines with no "Gear Bulge", will add a lot of speed to your race boat. You know what your best prop adds, now add the extra speed of YOMATO LITE.
                YOMATO LITE, features 5 interchangeable gear ratio's: 14:15, 12:15, and 11:15 available now. 11:16 and 11:17 coming in April.
                YOMATO LITE, with a "R" dimension of 46mm (1.81", was designed for engines up to 110hp, specifically PRO Engines of 125cc, 175cc, and 250cc, and MOD Engines up to 110hp.

See the attached PDF File

Jim McKean..........."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"
                Attached Files

Comment

• YOMATO "Big Gear" Gear Box

Hello Racers;

YOMATO "Big Gear" Gear Box, featuring the biggest, strongest gears in a "Hatchet" Gear Box. YOMATO "Big Gear" unit has no "Gear Bulge", and a superior "Aspect Ratio" 2nd only to YOMATO LITE.
                  YOMATO "Big Gear" unit is big brother to Yamato Hatchet, and Yomato Lite.
                  YOMATO "Big Gear" Gear Box was designed for PRO Engines up to 1100cc, and MOD Engines up to MOD E.
                  YOMATO "Big Gear" unit comes in 6 ratios, the most selection of any PRO/MOD Gear Box. Ratio's: 14:14, 14:15, 12:14, 12:15, 11:15, and an Overdrive 15:14.
                  Available end of March 2011.

Price: $1465* + Frt * Beautifully Polished/Shaped

Jim McKean..............."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"
                  Attached Files

Comment

• YAMATO Hatchet 14:15 Gears

Hello MOD and PRO Racers;

I have 14:15 Gear Sets for Yamato Horizontal Split Gearcase in stock, and can ship immediately. $483 includes 2 day FedEx delivery.

For older Yamato Vertical Split Hatchet and solid cone type, and for Yamato 80, 102, 202, 302, I have gear sets (several hundred) in ratios 14:14, 14:15, 13:15, and a few 12:15.................$250.00 + Frt

Jim McKean............"captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"
                    Attached Files

Comment

• what size is the shaft and shear pin hole??
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• A/B Gearfoot shims needed & 30H Driveshaft

Anyone have a source for a/b/c gearcase shims. I am looking for both driveshaft and propshaft shims. New-used, I do not care. Also looking for a decent C driveshaft. Thank You in advance.

Comment

• Yomato

Hello Mike;

Shaft is standard 15mm, but can be ordered with optional 9/16" shaft. Pin Hole is 5mm, and I've never seen a sheared pin.

Jim McKean.............."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

• Try >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>

http://www.aeroliner-boats.com/index.html
                            "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Valdjr

I've got big supply of Gearcase shims for Yomato, Yamato, Komato Gearcases that may work. I need OD and ID, and I can advise you.

Jim McKean.............."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

• I have located driveshaft shims. Just need propshaft shims and a c driveshaft.

Comment

Working...
                                X