Gears and Gearcases - Assorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is a copy of the rule for what it is worth:

The stock lower unit (102,202,302, 14:15 ratio, underdrive) may be modified as follows: The shape and size
    of the gear housing may be altered by the addition or removal of material either externally or internally.
    Specifically the R & S dimensions are retained but no other measurements apply. The placement of a water
    inlet pickup in/on the gear housing is permitted.

Sounds like it must be a stock unit to start with.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Yomato Lite for MOD "C"

Hi Racers;

Sounds like I foolishly spent a lot of money for something you can't use. Maybe we can get it legal for MOD "C" in 2012. It's here when anyone is ready. Win some, lose some!

Jim McKean............."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

• YAMATO Hatchet 14:15 Gear Sets

Hello Racers;

I have, in stock, Yamato "Hatchet" 14:15 gear sets, 15mm Propshafts, 9/16" Propshafts, Oilseals, most bearings for Yamato "Hatchet". Can deliver before Jesup, GA.

Jim McKean............"captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi MOD "C" Racers

Hi Racers;

Can you use alternate gear sets, in 14:15 or other gear ratio's in Yamato 102, 302 Gear Case? I have gear sets, that with a small modification, will fit in those cases. Ratio's 14:15, 14:14, 13:15, 12:15 are available at $250/set + Frt.

Comment

• Will they hold up to a D Mod motor like the 4 cylinder Mercs? For short coarses a one under would fit the bill
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Yomato Lite or Yomato 14:15 for "D" Mod

Hello Racers;

The YOMATO LITE has 46mm "R", same as old Yamato Hatchet, and gear strength equal to better than Yamato Hatchet. If you got good enough gear longevity out of Yamato H.Split Hatchet, Yomato Lite's O.K..
              The YOMATO "Bigger Gear" unit has an "R" of 49mm, quite a bit bigger, and stronger gear than Yomato Lite. Initial testing shows good gear life under MOD "E", and "D", 700cc PRO.
              Hope that helps.
              Give me an e-mail address for you, and I'll send more pic's, etc..

Jim McKean......................."captainjimmckean@yah oo.com"

Comment

• mod C

Originally posted by Jim McKean View Post
                Hi Racers;

Sounds like I foolishly spent a lot of money for something you can't use. Maybe we can get it legal for MOD "C" in 2012. It's here when anyone is ready. Win some, lose some!

AOF and NBRA may still allow this gearcase in mod C. Also would be legal in APBA under a mercury mod C
                Maroney Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                  here is a copy of the rule for what it is worth:

The stock lower unit (102,202,302, 14:15 ratio, underdrive) may be modified as follows: The shape and size
                  of the gear housing may be altered by the addition or removal of material either externally or internally.
                  Specifically the R & S dimensions are retained but no other measurements apply. The placement of a water
                  inlet pickup in/on the gear housing is permitted.

Sounds like it must be a stock unit to start with.
                  I've got Yamato built 14:15, 14:14, 13:15, 12:15 Gear Sets that can be put in 102, 202, 302 Gear Case. All in stock at $250/set

Jim McKean.........."captainjimmckean@yahoo.com"

Comment

• What is the J engine cost

So, what does it cost to buy a new mercury J engine with the racing lower unit?

Comment

• A gearcase -- thats all

The Kid wanted a OMC -Merc A-J apba gearcase...not a comentary on future of outboard racing!!!

Comment

• i havemtr sold but need rest to complete sale

Comment

• you mite pay 1800.00 just rough guess dont quote me i have a omc for sale but need rest to complete sale

Comment

• J Merc

The APBA Merc sells for $ 3650.00 --ready to race with the conversion kit installed , and the Racing gearcase . I think the gearcase is $1160. and the conversion kit around $700. Add a used 15 Hp merc (1999 or newer ) and you can "build" a J merc fof about $1000. less than the new APBA price. All the Merc parts are available new ,so you can build/service very easily. Alan Brown sells the Kits and Sidewinder LLC has the gear foot.

Comment

• KONIG/KONNY Gear Case Gears and Parts

Hello Racers;

I have a complete inventory of KONIG/KONNY Gear Case Parts

Propshafts, 15mm and 9/16"
                              Cases, Gear Case, Gen 1 and Gen 2
                              Gear Sets, BIG, 11:15, 12:15, 12:14, 14:15, 14:14, 15:14
                              Gear Sets, SMALL, 14:15, 12:15, 11:15
                              All the Bearings, Oilseals
                              Shims for Konig, Konny, Yamato, VRP, and GRM
                              Shear Pins, Prop Nuts, etc, etc.

Comment

• C Mod Gear Case

Hello Jim:

Your gear case would be legal in APBA for a Mercury C Mod unfortunately there is not a lot of them left running. It is not APBA legal under a Yamato C Mod. I am building a Merc 30 Mod but I think I am the minority here wanting to build a Merc C Mod. It may be APBA legal in other classes, you'll have to check. However, your gear case sounds like a good idea to me and sounds like a better choice over a Merc C case.

Mike De Lisa
                                startyourengine@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
                                X