No announcement yet.

Video from Brandenburg with the Yvonne Koenig flip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, there really isnt many true 1100s in the U.S. anymore. In APBA we are able to run anything above 500cc in the 1100cc class. In our nationals it is usually all 500s and 700s competing in the 1100 class. I believe that at the Worlds you will see the same thing. You will probably see a couple of motors that are larger than 700cc but probably not by much.

Comment

World Championships 2008

125cc = O-125cc U.I.M World Championship

175cc = O-125cc U.I.M World Championship

250cc = O-125cc U.I.M World Championship

500cc = O-500cc Sprint APBA World Championship Approved by the U.I.M.

1100cc = 1100cc APBA World Championship Approved by the U.I.M.

The 500 and 1100 classes can not run under the UIM rules.. Also in the UIM Rule book there is a ruling that you must have so many foreign drivers for it to be a UIM WC.

However, I have seen a bit of rule bending going on here ( Fast Freddie! ) to allow for the Europeans on Holiday, to have a little fun & race too.. Which is a good thing, as we all want to see more boats on the water... I just hope, that we can do some rule bending the other way, where a US Driver who lives and breaths racing, resides in Europe, but wants to race under the Stars&Stripes in the FormulaSeries European events.. F-500 class was changed a few years back to a World Series.. Why not just throw the door open, have Two UIM Titles World Series - Formulaseries , 125,250,350,500 and then World Sprints ( What we currently class as the one day championship)... Boats on the water is what is important...

I mean where is Europe.? If Russia is classed as Europe, that includes Vladivostock, which is on the Chinese border..

Regards Steve
      http://formulaseries.net

Comment

Working...
      X