X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there I am calmly:-)
    I think it will be better in the next time
    I have in the next two month some english lessons
    I need it also for the race next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Formula500 View Post
      there I am calmly:-)
      I think it will be better in the next time
      I have in the next two month some english lessons
      I need it also for the race next year...
      Will you be coming to the Wolrds in Florida ?
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
        Will you be coming to the Wolrds in Florida ?
        "Wolrds" ????? Yo Dan ?
        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

worlds?
          Worldchampionships?

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
            "Wolrds" ????? Yo Dan ?
            Opps

Worlds
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

worlds?
              Worldchampionships?
              Sorry Yvonne looks like I also need English and spelling lesson

The UIM World Championships in 2008
              HTML Code:

Comment

ha ha

in Florida? Ich would`t like come to florida, but it´s so far....
                The Transport from the boat to Florida cost´s more than the boat alone

Comment

My tunnell lingo may be off

Sponsons may be more of a hydroplane reference to the two protruding pods on the front followed by the airtraps. On the tunnells I don't think you call them sponsons. The point was when you flip you never seem able to go all the way around and land on the bottom, in a perfect world that would happen every so often at least. I thought all Germans learned english, or is it the translation that is dificult?

Kerry
                  Last edited by Blackhawkguy; 12-08-2007, 03:54 AM.

Comment

When you learn a language in school you learn general conversation vocabulary, not a specific technical vocabulary .... even Microsoft's spell check calls English engineering technical words errors if you don't have the engineering add on pack. Firefox's spell check is a little broader (it knows "spline" for example (which MS doesn't), but not "sponson")

Comment

Thanks Sam

Yes, that is so true, the other problem is we use so much slang several diferent words can mean the same thing. The other thing I have learned while traveling overseas is our language is also made up of bits and pieces of all kinds of different languages. All of my socializing with Germans was with people in the military, they spoke english well but would also have trouble sometimes with finding a word in english to say what they wanted. Sam are you guys still running the 70 cube class, I believe it was a V-6 minus three pistons. I have a 240 EFI block with one bad top hole but the rest of the motor is ok.

Kerry

you can leave me a message if it is something you may want
                      Last edited by Blackhawkguy; 12-18-2007, 06:57 AM.

Comment

It wasn't noted that this was in the 2nd heat of 3 and caused that heat to be stopped as it had run its' distance. Yvonne made it out for the final heat, boat and motor repaired after some hectic activity in the pits....
                        Team 27
                        F:250 Hydroplane Racing

Comment

Originally posted by paul jillings View Post
                          It wasn't noted that this was in the 2nd heat of 3 and caused that heat to be stopped as it had run its' distance. Yvonne made it out for the final heat, boat and motor repaired after some hectic activity in the pits....
                          Wow! strong hull, and a very tough lady Yvonne's boat is a DAC correct ? Paul will you be coming to the Worlds in 2008.
                          HTML Code:

Comment

but the last heat wasn´t good....I was a little more carefully...The next year will be better
                            Dan what is DAC? You know my English

Comment

i have heared a container for the boat to Florida cost 1000 Euro
                              I´t is too much...
                              I would like to come to florida ...

Comment

Shipping Boats to Florida

i have heared a container for the boat to Florida cost 1000 Euro
                                I´t is too much...
                                I would like to come to florida ...
                                Yvonne,

You would not be able to race your Formula 500 boat in the 1100cc class, as it is for hydroplanes only (no tunnels) per APBA rules. THe cost of shipping goes down (per boat) if you can share containers.

Florida is usually beautiful in October!

DW
                                David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                                X