Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll Call 45ss Nationals (stock) Seside Or.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock insurance premium $2,073

OPC Premium $2,681

In R12 we often will pay the extra $ for a OPC sanction so that our 45 drivers can race in each category. Resulting in more water time for the racer, and a second entry fee collected by the hosting club.
    sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Jason,

I have a gal of red-line I can bring if it helps, we (Sue and I) are towing Lorie's 45 to make it easier for her and Jeff and to be sure you have a field.

Carl

Comment

Prize Money

OK - good job on getting a full field of SST-45's together. Sea-Way has just recieved 40 new gear sets and 25 gear case housings. We are currently building patterns for the midsections parts that we do not currently have. By the end of the year we will be able to supply a complete motor - less PH. This is an OPC class that can be around forever. I would like to see it be succesfull in the NW. All that said - I am putting up $500 in Certificates for the first three finishers at this event. $250 First, $150 Second and $100 Third. Just E-mail me the results at swmjake@aol.com and I will post the credits to your account.

Good luck to all and have some fun along the way - as no one is getting rich or famous doing this.

Comment

Awesome!!

Originally posted by Greg Jacobsen View Post
          OK - good job on getting a full field of SST-45's together. Sea-Way has just recieved 40 new gear sets and 25 gear case housings. We are currently building patterns for the midsections parts that we do not currently have. By the end of the year we will be able to supply a complete motor - less PH. This is an OPC class that can be around forever. I would like to see it be succesfull in the NW. All that said - I am putting up $500 in Certificates for the first three finishers at this event. $250 First, $150 Second and $100 Third. Just E-mail me the results at swmjake@aol.com and I will post the credits to your account.

Good luck to all and have some fun along the way - as no one is getting rich or famous doing this.
          thanks Greg!!!! If you haven't arranged transportation for the rear cowl, I could pick it up on my way to Cullaby (from Everett) Saturday afternoon..............
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

45 ss

First off.....great job Jason on getting a nationals class together for Cullaby...the first drink at Pudgy's bar in Seaside is on me....as far as supporting the class as a stock commisoner....we are looking at reducing classes for 2012. Maybe with the way D stock entries have been going my own class will go away...I sure don't hope so, but it could happen. But, all serious stuff aside....I do hope 45SST is the "class act" at Cullaby this year..nothing like a full field of boats to make things fun.

Comment

Jason, great job here.

I'll bring down an few powerheads and lower units for a just-in-case situation.

Question: I know that we need certified straps to use when crane launching, does that apply for weighing? If so, I'll need to borrow a certified set.
              http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                OPC only???? Since you are the SOA Commodore (and the knowledgeable one), isn't the OPC cost for putting on a 45 race (as in SST45) ALOT more than the STOCK 45 race (45SS)?????????? I was told that the costs are quite different? Is SOA willing to eat that cost? Besides, some of us fat asses have a better chance of winning in 45 with a clock start (stock rules) versus a lemans type OPC start.............

so, if there is a lack of support from outside the region for the DIVISIONALS, does that mean you will not support another Divisional in Reg10?

It gets stupid for people that are not racing the class to constantly keep slamming it!!!!!!!

I am willing to bet that the 45 class will be one of the larger classes at Cullaby..............
                Daren/Jeff
                If I put my foot in my mouth, my apology...it is not the first time and probably not the last. I'm not a tunnel guy, don't claim to be and don't know the priorities of the 45 group. Daren, I think you know I promote all classes of outboard racing in our region + I supported our region hosting all (SO, MOD, PRO, & J) western divisionals this year which is not normally done. I just assumed that being 45ss NATIONALS (not DIVISIONALS) and on the west coast, we would have a good draw of 45 racers from up and down the west coast. Jeff, with the economy the way it is, I do understand people have to limit and prioritize their racing plans, and this including my family. So it sounds like Jason has gather up a full field of 45ss and Greg has stepped up with some $$$ for them. So let's go racing.

Again, my apology if I offended anyone.
                Jim

Comment

straps

Bring what slings you have, we are using a private forklift, so we are ok on the slings for this race. We may have to mix and match slings to get boats off the taller trailers like my Gran Prix sits on, or Lauries boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post
                    Daren/Jeff
                    If I put my foot in my mouth, my apology...it is not the first time and probably not the last. I'm not a tunnel guy, don't claim to be and don't know the priorities of the 45 group. Daren, I think you know I promote all classes of outboard racing in our region + I supported our region hosting all (SO, MOD, PRO, & J) western divisionals this year which is not normally done. I just assumed that being 45ss NATIONALS (not DIVISIONALS) and on the west coast, we would have a good draw of 45 racers from up and down the west coast. Jeff, with the economy the way it is, I do understand people have to limit and prioritize their racing plans, and this including my family. So it sounds like Jason has gather up a full field of 45ss and Greg has stepped up with some $$$ for them. So let's go racing.

Again, my apology if I offended anyone.
                    Jim
                    Jim, I sincerely appreciate your comments and apology. It just gets frustrating listening to people baseing class participation (and elimination) based on one event. In these tough times, all that does is alienate people and cause them to leave the sport. APBA is in no position to start losing members, due to eliminating their class or equipment, etc. If people from other regions cannot make it, it is too bad. We will just keep the National Title in the region and it still counts towards the HOC's!!

anyways, this thread has gotten off track. Kudos for Jason for getting the boat count up to the required amount. I might just give Jason a "little" more rooom on the race course...........or maybe NOT!!

PS: if needed, I can bring my quad to help with launching and retrieving the 45's..............
                    Last edited by mercguy; 06-13-2011, 10:55 PM.
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Thank You Everyone.

Greg, thank you so much for sponsoring our class with prize money credit at Seaway Marine. Totally cool.

Guedo, very generous of you to make some spares available if needed.

Carl, if you could throw in you oil just in case, that would be great. Dean will have fuel and oil for my second boat (his motor).

And Daren...thanks for the offer of leaving me a little more room on the course, I will check my mirrors to see how that worked out for ya!

Comment

Wow... Cool

I got certified straps.

Thanks Greg.... you da man.
                        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Jason,

Great job on getting a 45 Class together for the nationals at Cullaby this year. I know what hard work it is getting a class together.

As you are aware I towed a 45 around for many years and raced against 1100H, Sport C and Formula 100. I respect what you have done this year and in years past.

Daren - Dont tell me about 3 boats being sidelined this year to a illness>>> Yes I am sorry to her about Wayne. My ex mother in law (hopefully soon) raced a Super Stock before and after her husband died. Series racing put her into the poor house to support the racing that they were doing. I can tell you that they never supported a Region 10 race those 2 years! I did go to Newberg and I am sorry that I didnt get the chance to meet you this year...... Were you at the event?? I have been to Silver Lake many times in the past years and I raced a 45'ss with the 1100cc many times since ClownCo Propellers was pissed off

Guedo the Killer Pimp- If you have a problem with what your dad bought from me I would have expected to here from you before 7 years.>>> I have seen you many times and we have talked and nothing has come up before. I like your mom and her side of the family as well and I guess I know where you came from by your comments. By the way why would you try to buy something with a post dated check?

Seaway - Excellent award that you have posted for the 45ss nationals.

Any questions feel free to call me at 503 869 4373....

Matt
                          Last edited by yarnoracin; 06-17-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Time to Race

As the region 10 class rep for 45ss, I am personally asking my class to not comment on the previous post, in an effort to let the negative parts of the thread die off.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Diamond View Post
                              As the region 10 class rep for 45ss, I am personally asking my class to not comment on the previous post, in an effort to let the negative parts of the thread die off.

Thanks,

Jason
                              oh come on Jason, its SO TEMPTING!!!!! LOL!!
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Thank You Everyone

Thank you to all who stepped up to make the 45 stock nationals happen. CORA, Mike and Denise Johnson, Region 10, the Stock Commissioners that put in the good word to make this happen, Russel for the forklift to weigh boats, Region 10 inboard for charging us to use your scale, Alan Thorsen and the inspectors who did a great job getting everyone through the process. Daren and John for bringing quads, it was a huge help.

I also need to thank the drivers who lent out equipment, Jeff Kelly sent his boat down to be raced as he couldn't make it. Thanks to Laurie for making it across the start line on one cylinder, or this would have been all for not. Dean Hobart paid the extra sanction fee for this out of pocket, and loaned out a powerhead and gearcase, and I even got my but kicked by my second boat with Deans power on it...how did that work out???

A huge thank you to Greg Jacobsen and SeaWay Marine for putting up prize money credits with SeaWay, and for supporting the 45 class.

So congrats to the Champ RJ West, hopefully the trip was worth it, and thanks again for everyone for coming through, it was big fun.

Jason Diamond
                                Last edited by Jason Diamond; 06-28-2011, 03:57 PM. Reason: typo's and add SeaWay

Comment

Working...
                                X