No announcement yet.

Chargin Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Five O;159806]Welcome the newest addition to the Northwest flatties. 1972 Javelin, set up by Al Lapointe, driven by Kip Brown and others. Been under a tarp for a couple years. A touch of glass work, some serious cleaning a few nuts and bolts and it will be good to go.

Just love this analagy, 'Touch of glass work', cleaning and few bolts?
    Hey Ror, I think you could have been a used car salesman AND this boat may be a touch older.
    A few fans of this boat mentioned they had seen it run in 69, maybe someone can chine in if there were two Charleys, or just this one.
    This one had a red deck and white bottom and of course the side skeg similar to Mr. Vilwocks SS/PS400.
    It was a big encouragement when I got this call informing me of how fast, and in the lead this boat was. Of course now, with the junk yard motor, our goal is to build a boat for under $2000 and have 20 or 30 hours of sheer fun to somewhat off set my 300 hours of sheer misery and itching

Hey Ror, got new pictures, Robin is in a 'stalemate'!!! I tried booze, nothing.....

Comment

JYD 350 engine should be running this weekend.....!

Comment

That's awesome. I think we are going to use the 350 out of our snow plow in my boat. I may be awhile before that actually happens.

Comment

Used car salesman LOL.......Maybe Ive read too many of Mouzers adds

Ill get pics up in the morning.....need to take them off the phone first.....stay tuned for swiss cheeze
          sigpic

Comment

Charging Charlie update pictures

Here are some update pictures of recent work being done on charlie.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cont' update pics of Charging Charlie

projects that took 24 hrs was the plugging all the holes in the stringers and bow eye support.
              Attached Files

Comment

Notice

in the last picture the large crack between the stringer and bottom? That was 2 feet under the deck extending all the way to the pointy front. Very tight space but ester resin and 3" cloth fixed it. Possibly caused by a flip which also tore the plywood deck support. Steering was also rebraced so it couldnt wiggle around! Hardware is now being positioned and changes made before the pretty paint goes on, already chipped the final primer coats, opps!
                Attached Files

Comment

Here I am

seeing how it feels to sit once more in a fast boat! Notice the taz on the dash, this fits my personality, since my past name at drag boat racing was 'Drag Queen' and taz was on my first helmet as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

way to go Robin, keep after that old fart to get your boat done!

Comment

• cant wait to see you drop the hammer robin.

Comment

• Hahaha, It was fun getting into the seat of the boat and behind the wheel again. Can't wait to get it in the water and see how it handles. Going to be fun. hooray! sorry couldn't resist all the emoticons here. hahahaha

Comment

• We forgot

The JUNK YARD DOG old enough to smoke and drink!

I installed a 450 cfm Holley to be legal should run tomarrow on the trick poor mans engine dyno!!!

Comment

• Update

Last night (7 hours) I put the last color on the floors, now if and when it drys, the final detail of stars will be added if Blonde concurrs with the USA theme. Her only wish was to restore the wood grain transparency of the floors so future owners can see any reoccurring delam problems. That's wise, but WHO in Gods Green Earth plans on selling? Maybe I can post current pictures to compare with the above.....? I need a rest, last two weekends say 20+ hours of MY work, some bad, some OK but anything is an improvement to its former condition.....!

Ya know, this boat is going to use way less fuel and perhaps, the most economical class to run with the exception of the Outboards!!

Comment

• What the

Get some pics of floors for us , cant wait. I'm going to put a single throat down draft on my motor so as to be legal tooo.. Jimmy D.

Comment

• I'm going to put a single throat down draft on my motor so as to be legal tooo.. Jimmy D.[/QUOTE]

That will be the day!

Comment

Working...
                                X