• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to it!
    -Shawn

Comment

Five O
      That is a great boat. My wife loved it and it was scary fast. I look forward to seeing how you complete it. I am sad that the guy I sold it to let it deteriorate a bit. I found this story and couldn't resist. I've been cold turkey.... out of the performance boat addiction for years. Haa haa. Sure brings back some memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuel Hoser View Post
        Five O
        That is a great boat. My wife loved it and it was scary fast. I look forward to seeing how you complete it. I am sad that the guy I sold it to let it deteriorate a bit. I found this story and couldn't resist. I've been cold turkey.... out of the performance boat addiction for years. Haa haa. Sure brings back some memories.
        The '***** Is Back' is still hiding in the damp cavern known as RORs Money Pit where projects proceed almost slower than my place! Rumor has it he now has a Shop Foreman to Stuporvice! Or is just a floor sweeper! Let's see some new pics boys!

Welcome Fuel Hoser, you would enjoy seeing the flats return to water via; Outlaw Nostalgic Circle Boats from the Northwest! I don't know if anyone has plans for 2014 but it was a blast last summer at Waites Lake. Time will tell. I guess I need to get my hulk of a hull righted and powered! Anyone else care to submit updates??
        This is the Lavey that started all the flat shuffle up here....I installed Paul Grichars famous number at his suggestion to run one year including Burley where they honored Nostalgia with a speed limit class. Nine boats ran side by side in style and with gobs of crowd popularity. Post some pictures Mr Hoser...

Comment

I came back from Bosnia and found the engine in our Revenge had not been properly drained. The block was cracked. I was broken hearted and sold everything. The engine was hard blocked (resined) and put into a dragster and was very competitive running in the high 8's to low 9's. I sold the hull and trailer to a guy with a bunch of engines and a jet boat fanatic. I was so broken hearted I swore I'd never own another boat. It took 17 yrs but I've finally bought a much more sedate fishing type boat. But.... I did see an ols Eliminator flat for sale cheap.... (resist resist)
          I'll look for some pics of our Revenge. I know I have some when we ran at Dexter in the mid 80's. My father in law ran her a bit (mainly drags)when he was hanging around Ed Talbot (K-427). Boy what trip down memory lane. He set up the Revenge for speed skiing. Five O may find a few of the mods made for the distance and pulling skiers at speed. It was a great boat to pull speed skiers because of it's smooth wake at 70+ mph
          I miss fst boats. Flats in particular

Comment

Originally posted by Fuel Hoser View Post
            I came back from Bosnia and found the engine in our Revenge had not been properly drained. The block was cracked. I was broken hearted and sold everything. The engine was hard blocked (resined) and put into a dragster and was very competitive running in the high 8's to low 9's. I sold the hull and trailer to a guy with a bunch of engines and a jet boat fanatic. I was so broken hearted I swore I'd never own another boat. It took 17 yrs but I've finally bought a much more sedate fishing type boat. But.... I did see an ols Eliminator flat for sale cheap.... (resist resist)
            I'll look for some pics of our Revenge. I know I have some when we ran at Dexter in the mid 80's. My father in law ran her a bit (mainly drags)when he was hanging around Ed Talbot (K-427). Boy what trip down memory lane. He set up the Revenge for speed skiing. Five O may find a few of the mods made for the distance and pulling skiers at speed. It was a great boat to pull speed skiers because of it's smooth wake at 70+ mph
            I miss fst boats. Flats in particular
            Ah filled with resin! I havent heard of this since i raced alcohol dragsters with my dear friend Dick Hand from Spokane. We would always fill the blocks for more strength and didn't need cooling running Methanol only 1/4 mile at a time. In fact, you know we had to hold the car and idle for 60 seconds just to build a bit of heat before the burn out. That's after running it for 5 minutes in the pits to warm the oil. We never had a block failure or head gasket problems with our o ringed blocks due to heat.
            George Nordling, you can find his info hear, bought K427 turnkey for 15Gs complete with its towing cover and fresh bbc ready to race! He in turn sold it to a Californian and got a b-boat trade in plus lots of cash! That boat was named 'Freedom' just like K69 of Gordon Jennings but was the first, I think. I told Ror your boat was used for skiing due to the ski skag chips in the rear splash guard from tossing the ski into the boat. We had another racer named Brian who also found a b-boat on ebay scarred the same way! It had a reverse nuetral and forward geared transmission!
            That red boat also used an old drag racing 396 for 12 years!!! Same block, cam, rings, bearings! We raced 60 miles per year at 6 events and 12-1 compression on PUMP gas! Amszoil fuel additive plus oil did the trick, cost effectively.
            I had a super Eliminator for $2000 that was also a blown bbc drag boat! Only sold it due to a Divorce and a whiney Ex! Great boats!! They were also run as K circle racers until out turned by b-boats (also Revenge, daytona, Cucci, Spitfire, Eagle, Beisemeyer etc).
            You may not know, but someone flipped your boat up in Montana and they poked a hole in its side when recovering it. It sat in their back yard until sold on Craigs List. $1500, complete, I think was the price. It was a very light lay up! You knew that I'm sure and wasn't supposed to be a lake cruiser, but all of us know Flats potential as seeing 'double FUN duty'! We often gave rides to anyone with a Parents consent after the races! Maybe someone will share their ride experience!!

Comment

Working...
            X