No announcement yet.

Pro classes invited to NBRA Mod Nationals at Centrailia, IL August 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this was a real possibility my son and I would love to run 125/175 with you guys. Is close for us.

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
      Tim, I would love to give alcohol a try. Been thinking about it for over 20 years. Once the knees are finally done, I think the sit down hydros will be the only way to keep my habit going. (I know 125-175 are not capsule classes) Bryan Tharp. (May want to trade driving duties as I have acquired a new "E" runabout. Good stuff all around but have serious lack of runabout experience.)
      We'll have to keep in touch. I'll be running both the Chance @ McGrath 125/175 outfits at Winter Haven and Lake Alfred next month. One VRP powered on a boat that I have not seen yet and the other with a Mac-Mineralli on a 4-point laydown Apel. Should be interesting as I have only raced runabouts and have not been in a hydro since 1983 (unless you count a couple of laps last year testing with my granddaughters K-Pro). What will determine if I have a ride for someone else available is if I want to race one of the hydros myself or not and if my daughter can make it to the races that weekend. The Litzell prepped VRP will be a good one!
      Last edited by T Chance; 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM. Reason: added something

Comment

Originally posted by racerv24 View Post
        If this was a real possibility my son and I would love to run 125/175 with you guys. Is close for us.
        Not JUST a possibility. It's an official invitation!
        John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
        Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
        Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
        Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

We will b there with 2 of each. May have a mystery driver in one.

Comment

Tim, maybe we can make a driver swap. You run my E runabout and I will run your hydro. That way we can both be in our "element"!!! like you said, we will see how it goes. Does sound fun though. Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
              Tim, maybe we can make a driver swap. You run my E runabout and I will run your hydro. That way we can both be in our "element"!!! like you said, we will see how it goes. Does sound fun though. Bryan
              Sounds good

Comment

2013 NBRA Long Course Nationals Centralia IL

Aug 3rd and 4th is not that far off so time to make your plans and reservations for the 2013 NBRA Nationals "Thunder on the Coon" at Raccoon Lake in Centralia IL . I will be posting more but testing will be Friday the 2nd from 10:00 Am to 5:00 Pm and from again on Saturday the 3rd until 11:30 , drivers meeting at 12:00 and racing at 1:00. We will work out an earlier start if eliminations are required. Sunday no testing and races start at 1:00 . The room block is under "Boat Races" at the America's Best Bell Tower Inn (618-533-1300) and all rooms are $55.00 including taxes. Please make your reservations early. Alan V-25

Comment

Alan are you going to be doing T shirts again.. We want to reserve 4 if they are cool like last years
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Yes we will have the shirts again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Owen View Post
                      Yes we will have the shirts again.
                      Then save us 5 extra large ones
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Will do!!

Comment

The interest for two pro classes in addition to our Stock/mod national schedule is building. I have been asked to change the 175cc class to 250cc so as it looks now the 125 and 250 will be the two classes. One will run at the end of Saturdays schedule and one at the end of Sundays schedule. There needs to be at least 5 boats in ea class. This should add to the show for one of the largest spectator turnout events that we have. Tow money is $4,500 for all race teams bringing boats and signing up to race. A special overall high points for the weekend of $300.00 for 1st, $200.00 for 2nd and $100.00 for 3rd will be given out on Sunday after the races for NBRA stock mod drivers only running in the NBRA Stock/mod classes only . All classes will be $25.00 plus the 15.00 per day NBRA Fee. You must be a racing member of NBRA and a member of an NBRA affiliate club. ODA memberships will be available. Alan V-25

Comment

125-250 hydros

I hope we can get enough boats to field each class, I would love to see the show!!!!!!!
                            Keith Kampen

Comment

Someone from the Pro Division called me a few weeks ago and suggested we offer the 125H and 250H classes to get the best turnout. We have a few interested, please let us know as soon as possible so we and other Pro drivers know what to expect. Alan V-25

Comment

I was talking to Bill Stack, owner of the Great Grizzly Bear Restaurant here in Saint Louis (Historic Soulard Neighborhood) and he said that his shuttle bus that he uses to take fans to Cardinal, Blues and Rams games can be available to take boat racing fans from Saint Louis to Centralia if there is enough interest. The bus holds 22 passengers and he would take over in the morning and bring back after the races.

Comment

Working...
                                X