NBRA North South Shootout Lucas Oil Speedway, Lake Lucas July 6th 7th and 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas test Day

My pit reporter says there are maybe 30 trailers in the pits this PM and more arriving by the hour. It is hot there and some of the speeds are down from the initial testing last spring. It is a drivers course and the more time on the water the better you drive and get comforable with the two pin turns. It is hard to keep the hydro's aired out in the turns and the propeller choice is very important.

David

Comment

Lucas Facility

Arrived late in the afternoon, looks like great turnout of D-E-SE, hydro/runabouts. Indeed will be left hand to be controlled by, oh wait, these are racers, never mind, long straights 2 pin turns squared.

Great job by jeff Ruth and Keith Kampen on getting this going . 106 today, a little cooler over weekend at one fine fine facility. Dirt trackhas AC Suites, with lake built for drag boats, and in a town that has population of 600. Looking forward to races both tomorrow and dirt track tomorrow night. Will try to put up results tomorrow night.

Ray

Comment

A person cannot comprehend how unbelivable this place really is. Never in my 20+ years of boat racing and dirt racing has there been a facility anywhere like this. I realize it's a tad bit narrow for what we do, but, it is a sight to behold. Air conditioned sky boxes huge grandstands, and the Lucas speedway bar opens at 7 pm, where they had us autograph the diamond plate wall. Concrete everything!! Race store with any part you could imagine, race fuel pumps on site, makes a guy feel like you are important. This is the coolest place for a racer on the planet. Like NASCAR for kneelers. BTW just spent an hour talking with the facility promoter, and he loves what we do. Can't wait for the "show" tomorrow. BT

Comment

Working...
        X