No announcement yet.

NBRA North South Shootout Lucas Oil Speedway, Lake Lucas July 6th 7th and 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA North South Shootout Lucas Oil Speedway, Lake Lucas July 6th 7th and 8th

The ODA and NBRA are proud to present probably the most important race in the last 25 years for our sport of stock and mod outboard racing. Here are the details

Admission for all drivers and crew is $20 per day, the ODA will rebate to the driver $10 per day per person up to 5 people to help offset some of the cost for drivers and crew. So you will recieve up to $100 per trailer.

There will be at least $3,000 in tow money. The total purse is $5,500 and what is left from the pit rebates will be paid in tow money.

Testing will be allowed on Friday for a charge of $20 per driver. If you do not pay you will not test. Please don't make us enforce the rule.

Do not park your trailer until you talk to Jeff Ruth or Art Kampen, if you do you will have to move it. They will be there on Thursday morning.

We will run up to 7 boats per heat, If there are more than 7 entries we will have qualification heats. We will be running alot of heats very fast, it is very important that you are ready for your heat, if you are not ready we will not wait.

In my opinion this is the most important race that we have ever put on and we need to make it as professional as possible, there will be a very big crowd of very knowledgeable race fans and if they like what they see, it could be huge for the sport. We need to be very fan friendly so watch what you say in the pits and sign some autographs and have some fun. All NBRA safety rules will be enforced.

I'm starting a roll call on this thread,
    I will be there with DHydro and Runabout, and E Hydro and Runabout
    Attached Files
    Keith Kampen

Lucas

I forgot to mention that your admission price gets you into the dirt track races on Saturday night
    Keith Kampen

Comment

Jeff & Patsy E/R SEH, Testing on Friday not Thursday, Lucas expects 2k or more specators. I hope 5 , I will act as Pitt Boss during the race , Jack Stotts is the Ref, we will have good communication between the Judges stand and the ramp, Also we will have great pa systems in the pitts and stands, This Show will be no doubt , the fastest, most proffesional executed race that you have ever attended, great things will come out of this, and this is just the start, SEE YA ALL THERE
      Jeff

Comment

Lucas

No admission charge for Friday, just $20 to test
        Keith Kampen

Comment

Lucas Oil Speedway

You will be amazed when you see this place. The lake is just gorgeous. Pits are great, no mud anywhere,plenty of room. Actual grandstands for the spectators. You will be allowed to camp in the pits, but not next to your race trailer. Plenty of room at the rear of the pits. No hookups in the pits. The speedway does have a campground with hookups. It is about 1/2 mile away from the lake. Their is a drivers lounge with a private rooms with a shower. They do sell food up at the speedway. They also have a full service bar at the same location. They also have Lucas Oil store where they sell all of their products and souveneirs. May not mean much but the price of gas fell below $3.00 today. If your coming from the east it might be wise to fuel in Mo.
          Art K

Comment

Fingers Crossed

If all goes well in some rebuilds ER and EH. Otherwise just SEH.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

If we lived closer we would be there in a heartbeat..I consider this the one folks should not miss if they want the sport to start growing!!! Throw away the seperation between the three organizations and work together on this one... It will benefit everyone in the long run..
              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

This lake will test your skill. You should not bear away, because you can push someone on the bank..I'ts big rocks, need I say more. Drive like you are the boat on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                  This lake will test your skill. You should not bear away, because you can push someone on the bank..I'ts big rocks, need I say more. Drive like you are the boat on the outside.
                  We are use to that kind of coarse up here..Tight with two pin turns..Love it.. You have to set up marks for yourself to know when to let off and set up for the corners.. You must hold your line and don't be pushing anyone out
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Broadcasting?

Will any of this be live?
                    Kegs

Comment

Lucas Oil

Due to some extra funds being found, we will rebate $20 per day up to $40 per person for both days. We will still only allow up to 5 people to be reimbursed so you can get a maximum of $200 per trailer. I think it will be paid in cash on Sunday morning. So we have a total of $7,000 for this race, whatever is left over after the admission rebates will be paid in tow money. I think it will be somewhere around $3,000. Tow money will be mailed after the race.
                      Keith Kampen

Comment

Lucas

We will run 8 boat finals.
                        Keith Kampen

Comment

Keith where is this Lake Lucas?

Comment

Lucas

Wheatland, MO
                            Keith Kampen

Comment

Mark, the Lucas site is a newly developed drag race site on their property in Wheatland, MO which is about 65/70 North of Springfield, MO. If you Google Maps it you can see where the construction was taking place about 18 months ago just to the South of their dirt track speedway. Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X