Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationals

Mike,

It is like the ABPA Nationals, your class only runs once over the course of the Nationals. It just so happens in NBRA that our combination of stock & mod engines and classes we can do it in a shorter amount of time. It leaves us with time to tear down in the daylight, and get cleaned up before the evenings festivities begin.

Once before in Centrallia, we ran the Nationals on Friday & Saturday, and a local race in Sunday. The results were a poor showing in a lot of Sunday's classes, becasue many left for home. So to make it look good for the sponsors, and not to embarras Alan's hard work in his hometown, we run just the Nationals.

Mike, we are camping in Centrallia too (as of now) and we usually stay Sunday night and head for home on Monday morning early. We will probably come Wednesday night or Thursday sometime to help out with anything.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

We will run one or two classes depending on if the humidity kills me but our main goal is to have fun socializing and help out where needed.. This will be our summer vacation and we hope to arrive late Thursday and leave when things are done Sunday..
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

and all this time I thought my race weekends WERE my Vacation, Doppy me.
        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
          and all this time I thought my race weekends WERE my Vacation, Doppy me.
          Jeff didn't anyone tell you that to be a vacation you have to use vacation time

Comment

I take all my vacation pay out in november, then I just take off any time I want,I have 1 of those jobs where I get to tell my boss where to go. He agrees because he hate it when he has to do my job. by the way I do to but dont tell him that.
            Jeff

Comment

Looking forward for the nationals in A and C Hydro. Will be there early if you need some help. Ray6-T

Comment

Now Centralia is the "Long Course" Nationals. How long are we talking here?
                Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
                sigpic

Comment

Long course

1 mile course
                  Keith Kampen

Comment

George we get to stretch our legs a little

Comment

The one mile courses were always my favorite. I guess mainly because that's what I concentrated on. Way back when.... Alex (Pineville, LA - nearest race for me) was always a one mile course and the Nationals was always a one mile course. I was going to go to both of those races if nothing else so that's what I set up for. I just did the best I could on the short courses. I did win one Short Course Nats in CMH and Ralph Cook won a Short Course Nats in my EMH but I usually did better on longer courses.

I like a course long enough that we can get up enough speed to scare ourselves!
                      Last edited by David_L6; 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

1 Mile cool! Thanks guys!

I just got a couple new props. Maybe one of them will have the legs to hang with the fast guys.
                        Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
                        sigpic

Comment

The course at Centralia has traditionally been .83 to .89 mile. That distance fits well in the lake. Alan Owen and I discussed the subject today and agree that that distance has worked well in the past. Basically, if it aint broke don't fix it so it'll be about .83 to .89. Jack

Comment

Jack The Course man

The course at where Jack indicates will race just like a 1 mile race course. Jack does a 1st class job at setting courses. I never worry about a course when he sets it up. It is the longest course the NBRA traditionally races on. Most are a 3/4 mile track. Provides some good deck to deck racing.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Could we have a measured mile course? For records? Or do you guys have enough on your plate? Just asking. Love to race at that place, even the way it was/is.

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
                                Could we have a measured mile course? For records?
                                Now there's a very good idea! I would consider dragging out my 44 and going to the Nats if it were a records course.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X