NBRA drivers at the Lucas Oil test and tune session today - Wheatland, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas Speedway

The Lucas course should be great. We understand they will move the drag boat lanes and take the timing pipes out for circle racing. I have been to a lot of places that have had less room and no way of controling the waves we make. Should be great for the people top watch with grandstands right where the clock will be. The course is plenty long and we could easily run a mile if we wanted to.
    Much thanks to the Lucas folks for inviting us to this outstanding facility. Other then my son taking his first flying lesson he did very good. Seems like he has to work on his landings now.

Alan

Comment

this is so true Alan the take off is no problem, its the landing thats a ***** LOL
      Jeff

Comment

Personally I dont like to see take offs at all let alone be in one
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Photos from Lucas Lake Wheatland MO

http://dogsportimages.com/p870279267

Comment

NBRA - Lucas Oil

The general manager of the facility hung out with us throughout the weekend. One of the things he said to me stuck. "You guys are the most self sufficient and easy group we ever worked with." Read between the lines. Easy format, easy rules, easy to interpret what is going on by the guy who has no idea what these things are except boats on the water.

A lot of effort has been put forth by both Jeff and the NBRA. It seems a simple format is much easier to sell to a large sponsor. When your resume is 5 pages, most won't get any attention. When your resume is one page, and stands out it gets you the job.

Thanks Lucas Oil for your faith in the NBRA to provide the facility with the entertainment to fill the stands at Lake Lucas. We look forward to seeing you soon. Only a couple months !

This race course is very managable by all NBRA classes. I saw Super E Hydros turning full throttle with a burp to set. The only thing that worried me was the big flat turner runabouts. You will need to pay attention and back off. A roll up runabout could dominate the class here. In the hydros, I think we all know it is very raceable. The video shows 4 without any issues, and I think 6 is easy enough. If the course is stretched to a mile, and the turns placed correctly it is very raceable with 6. Just make sure you use your head and don't make it 6 wide. Drive the course, and don't ride it.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Sorry I was not able to attend, but man that place is going to be a true game changer for us!!!! I know we will have to make some changes to the boats and props but, we do that all the time anyway. I am thankful we have people like Jeff Ruth who got us associated with the Lucas folks. I personally wish that we would race there once a month. On a side note, one of the drag boats I sponsor told me that they had a race there last year and they also had a dirt track race the same weekend, the cool part is that your pit pass gets you in to the dirt track race that night, he said the car racers packed the stands for their daytime boat race, and they returned the favor for the car race that night. Pretty cool for our Saturday night entertainment. Bryan Tharp

Comment

Sounds like we need to move to Wheatland MO!!
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

put new colors on the tow rig just for this
                  Attached Files
                  Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                    put new colors on the tow rig just for this
                    Wow Jeff. That looks great. You must have got the idea from Patsy!

But seriously, you and the NBRA are to be congratulated for all the years of hardwork that have led to this opportunity. I know it took cooperation and work from everyone involved but I also know you were the drivng force behind this.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

LOL now Dennis ya all know I cant drive.
                      Jeff

Comment

Jeff

Thanks again for your key conversations to get the ball rolling.

And here is some trash talk for your new tow rig and equipment:

If it ain't fast, chrome it !!!!
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                        X