No announcement yet.

NBRA drivers at the Lucas Oil test and tune session today - Wheatland, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This race course is a multi-million dollar dream...Ideal for drag racing and some other events. All of it first class, this pit was just one of several along this side. No mud, rocks, trees or stubs to worry. They built it to make money, so they will need to put on events there. The course is long, at least three quarter of a mile long, just four hundred feet wide. It's a, I will call it, throttle course. If you don't get out of the throttle, your going to be on the bank. We ran C stock and C mod on the course and had no problem going two wide, but four will be a problem. The boats that run over 80, D mod, Super E will need to back off a good bit. There a huge parking lot for spectators, high safety fences which would stop a mac truck, and a beautiful stadium that is close to the water. For you race car fans, its the Martinsville of boat racing. If you have millions and want to build a race course, this would be it, just another 200 ft. wider for our style of boats. Will we race there? Yes, NBRA will try to schedule something next year or this, if other races are cancelled. NBRA rules are virtually the same as APBA, except in the Super E class where APBA allows most any front case. NBRA is 85 dollars to join. Most NBRA races have tow or prize and we want to have at least five to ten thousand dollars for a race at Lucas. APBA is top heavy with it's high insurance rates, while NBRA has two million coverage at half the cost. We need three more of these venvues all over the US.

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
      This race course is a multi-million dollar dream...Ideal for drag racing and some other events. All of it first class, this pit was just one of several along this side. No mud, rocks, trees or stubs to worry. They built it to make money, so they will need to put on events there. The course is long, at least three quarter of a mile long, just four hundred feet wide. It's a, I will call it, throttle course. If you don't get out of the throttle, your going to be on the bank. We ran C stock and C mod on the course and had no problem going two wide, but four will be a problem. The boats that run over 80, D mod, Super E will need to back off a good bit. There a huge parking lot for spectators, high safety fences which would stop a mac truck, and a beautiful stadium that is close to the water. For you race car fans, its the Martinsville of boat racing. If you have millions and want to build a race course, this would be it, just another 200 ft. wider for our style of boats. Will we race there? Yes, NBRA will try to schedule something next year or this, if other races are cancelled. NBRA rules are virtually the same as APBA, except in the Super E class where APBA allows most any front case. NBRA is 85 dollars to join. Most NBRA races have tow or prize and we want to have at least five to ten thousand dollars for a race at Lucas. APBA is top heavy with it's high insurance rates, while NBRA has two million coverage at half the cost. We need three more of these venvues all over the US.

Sounds like a great facility and a real drivers course
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
        I know its hard to believe in 2012 most people are still not aware of what powerboat racing is but its a fact.
        I was once asked by a curious onlooker, "What is that?" I replied, "It's a hydroplane." The person looked at my boat cart underneath it and said, "Oh yeah, I see the landing gear."

True story.

Comment

late 60's

At a race in Bath, Maine a spectator came up to our A Marchetti which was still upside down on the boat stands from overnight and seriously wanted to know how you got into this one.

Bill Rosado

But he did know that they were race boats.

Comment

Who was that skyrider at 51 seconds in the video ??? - Nice save!
            Hope it went well. Looks like a really nice facility.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by les; 04-08-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I've been told it was Alan Van Weele Jr.
              Last edited by Jack Stotts; 04-08-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by les View Post
                Who was that skyrider at 51 seconds in the video ??? - Nice save!
                Hope it went well. Looks like a really nice facility.
                From what I've been able to find out that was Alan Van Weele in a Mercury powered C Mod Hydro.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

The Lucas oil Facility is the Greatsest place we could ever dream about racing at. it is tight thru the turns, but as you can see, you can run about 12" off the bank.
                  Jeff

Comment

Lucas Oil

Just returned from Lucas Speedway. What a gorgeous place. Testing went well. NBRA has committed to a race July 7-8 Prize & Tow money in excess of $5000.00.
                    The suggestion that APBA should try to jump in there, would not be greeted kindly by the NBRA. We are the people that did all the legwork, over the last 2 years to get this thing going. And believe me it was no easy task. A big round of thanks and attaboy needs to go to Jeff Ruth he would not take no for an answer. He worked at it till he got it done.
                    Their will be ongoing discussions with track management on improving the course.
                    Art K

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
                      Just returned from Lucas Speedway. What a gorgeous place. Testing went well. NBRA has committed to a race July 7-8 Prize & Tow money in excess of $5000.00.
                      The suggestion that APBA should try to jump in there, would not be greeted kindly by the NBRA. We are the people that did all the legwork, over the last 2 years to get this thing going. And believe me it was no easy task. A big round of thanks and attaboy needs to go to Jeff Ruth he would not take no for an answer. He worked at it till he got it done.
                      Their will be ongoing discussions with track management on improving the course.
                      Art K
                      Bravo Art, Jeff and the entire NBRA crew excellent job!
                      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Lucas Oil

I ran in the exhibition race at Lucas today and we ran 4 wide with E hydros and had no issues at all, we will set up a narrower course than we had setup today and have no problems. It is the most perfect place you could ever imagine for a boat race. Jeff Ruth has been working on this for many years and it is now working out great. This will be the exposure that we have needed for years and I think this will turn into a big time thing. We are very close to signing a big thing for this year and will let everyone know when we have it nailed down. I will have some helmet cam video later this week and will post it when it's ready. I have been racing for 22 years and have never been more excited!!!!!!!
                        Keith Kampen

Comment

good job NBRA!!!

Awesome job, Jeff...sorry I could not make it...I have been grumpy for 3 days....but at least i can see without seeing double now...

Comment

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
                            I ran in the exhibition race at Lucas today and we ran 4 wide with E hydros and had no issues at all, we will set up a narrower course than we had setup today and have no problems. It is the most perfect place you could ever imagine for a boat race. Jeff Ruth has been working on this for many years and it is now working out great. This will be the exposure that we have needed for years and I think this will turn into a big time thing. We are very close to signing a big thing for this year and will let everyone know when we have it nailed down. I will have some helmet cam video later this week and will post it when it's ready. I have been racing for 22 years and have never been more excited!!!!!!!
                            Keith, I can't wait to see your helmet cam stuff....great positive post. I was crushed to not make it...Joe John

Comment

We did not get a contract signed at Holdenville which makes it possible to get a contract for Lucas. So there will not be a Holdenville race, but the race is on at Lucas Speedway. The Chamber of Commerce wanted a race at Holdenville, but the City has not decided as of yet if we could have the Lake. It is better Lake than Lucas, but they had no money. Maybe next year...OBRA will have five thousand dollars in prizes and tow money for McAlester, make plans for the Southern Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
                                That worked great Dan. Thanks!
                                "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X