No announcement yet.

Montana Outboard Racing Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would really like to know where you saw $4000. Please send us to the link that said that amount.. I don't believe any NBRA race this year had anything close to that amount for tow money. I believe $1500 was the standard and will be again for 2012
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I think a number of races did Mike... A combination of Ethanol and local sponsorship money that was dedicated to tow money...

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
        I think a number of races did Mike... A combination of Ethanol and local sponsorship money that was dedicated to tow money...
        I stand corrected but we never said Montana will have that large amount..This $1500 is strictly Ethanol money.. We are now working on class money..We want to offer 1st and 2nd place money for the 10 classes that had payouts for 2011 provided there are at least 3 boats in each class with no step ups..

Does anyone know if K&K is raising the NBRA rates?? This would have an effect for sure!

Comment

Tow Money

Mike,

Having raced with the NBRA organization for several years, I can honestly say, tow money is usually a lot more than prize money. I would rather see the town work on increasing the tow money to 4K or more. If you want to pull some long distance travlers, it would certainly help to make a decision if they got $500 for gas, or even 1K. I think several of last years races had a good amount of tow money, as mentioned, and also some prize money. The real prize money came at year end for high points. You had to travel to race, and they compensated you for the travel. Then you had to race well and place well. No easy task in the NBRA. If you were in the top three for year end points, you received a very good lump sum at the year end banquet. I know ours paid for our travels to the banquet, the hotel, suppers, and left a decent amount for the kitty.

I think you guys are doing great for a race in MT. I still can't wait to see this place. Even if you don't get a lot of tow money this year, there is time to build up to some bigger sponsors for the next race.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I Vote for Tow Money

Having raced for to many years, I always liked to know you had some money coming, even if you jumped the gun, flipped, failed to get started, missed a buoy
            or generally got your ass handed to you.

Prize money is good, but "WINNERS" will come back, the back markers, may not come back. It cost almost as much money to lose as it does to win. If you don't believe me, ask Robbie Gordon!

The ONE race I helped promote, has given $250 per boat, tow money for the last three years (Isleton, California).

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
              Having raced for to many years, I always liked to know you had some money coming, even if you jumped the gun, flipped, failed to get started, missed a buoy
              or generally got your ass handed to you.

Prize money is good, but "WINNERS" will come back, the back markers, may not come back. It cost almost as much money to lose as it does to win. If you don't believe me, ask Robbie Gordon!

The ONE race I helped promote, has given $250 per boat, tow money for the last three years (Isleton, California).
              Ron I think from all the feed back that we will make everyone a winner and put it all into tow money..Now we just need to figure out how to give it out when the time comes.. Keep note this is Montana and not RICH California

We are rich in senery and wildlife

Comment

The way tow money was done last year was by the mileage per trailer I believe. I'm not sure the formula that was used. But it was done at every race. During registration you were asked your mileage and it was wrote down. Then come the end of the weekend. The tow money was handed back to you in an envelope. A few races it was mailed out instead. IF my memory serves me correct. Prize money is nice and all. But I believe all money raised for prize money should be added to the tow money that way it increases the chance for someone to make the drive. If I come, I won't be getting any tow money seeing as I'll be riding up with someone. But I'm ok with that. I'd like to try some new water from a different part of the country
                John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

I have a formula that was given to me a couple of years ago, and I think we will just use that! Sounds like everyone would rather have tow money!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Tow money

The ODA races at Rockaway Beach had $3500.00 & Centralia paid out $4000.00 intow money. We went to the race In Tex that got blowed out. They still paid tow we got $400.00 Every NBRA race we attended last year had tow money. Kind of a foreign concept to other organizations. The last two APBA races we attended we could only be there for the Sun race. I still find it hard to believe what it cost my son to race that one day.
                    Art K

Comment

The last two APBA races we attended we could only be there for the Sun race. I still find it hard to believe what it cost my son to race that one day.
                      Art K[/QUOTE]

Been there and done that.. I think the cost will be even steeper this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X