Montana Outboard Racing Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Outboard Racing Association

Congratulations to the folks in the Pacific Northwest, who successfully merged NW Water with Montana Outboard Racing folks to create the latest NBRA-affiliated club. The paperwork isn't finished yet, but MORA has elected officers and board members and will be presenting a race proposal at the annual meeting Saturday.

I know Mike and Theresa Phillips and Roy Mackey have spent some long hours on this project, but it's paying off!

Welcome to NBRA!!!!

Dan Crummett
    NBRA President

O-66

take an already small group of folks, and split them up even more?????
    dont get me wrong, congrats to NBRA on your efforts, but how does this help boat racing in the PNW??? please enlighten me, as i'm not getting it initially??? kevin martin
    Last edited by Kevin Martin; 10-31-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Hey now, Kevin we can all play together, at least the majority of us can. Who said anyone was splitting up any group? Are you saying we aren't welcome at SLORA events anymore. Perhaps you should wait to hear the proposal. Rise above it all and embrace some exciting opportunities. Bury your axe, no need to grind it here.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

?????
        i have no axe , just questions. kevin

Comment

NBRA Memebership Fees???

Can someone from NBRA tell me the cost of being a racing member? What are the sanction fees for a two day race?

NBRA is only kneel downs, right?

Just asking!

Comment

@ Kevin, send me a private message with your questions, I will try my best to answer them for you.

@ Ron I believe Sanction fee is $100/day. NBRA racing membership is $80.00/year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Martin View Post
              take an already small group of folks, and split them up even more?????
              dont get me wrong, congrats to NBRA on your efforts, but how does this help boat racing in the PNW??? please enlighten me, as i'm not getting it initially??? kevin martin

Kevin, I was wondering the SAME THING when I first saw this thread. Sometimes more organizations / sanctioning bodies are like more classes.... Glad I'm not the only one that wondered why.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Congradulations

Originally posted by dcrummett View Post
                Congratulations to the folks in the Pacific Northwest, who successfully merged NW Water with Montana Outboard Racing folks to create the latest NBRA-affiliated club. The paperwork isn't finished yet, but MORA has elected officers and board members and will be presenting a race proposal at the annual meeting Saturday.

I know Mike and Theresa Phillips and Roy Mackey have spent some long hours on this project, but it's paying off!

Welcome to NBRA!!!!

Dan Crummett
                NBRA President

O-66

Congratulations Dan, Mike, Teresa and Roy. I do agree that NBRA needed a presence in the Pacific Northwest.

Between APBA-SOA, AOF-SLORA, NBRA-MORA memberships may be quite expensive.

Is there any proposal to honor any other organizations memberships since we draw on the same limited members? Maybe race by race, or one large combined race?

I know in Inboard it worked well with four or five local clubs within a region, all putting on a few races under one national organization, but in outboard we now have three national organizations and associated local clubs.

Just my observations and thoughts.

Our team will be supporting those who support Pro Racing in 2012.

Brian Nicholson
                Maverick Racing

Comment

we will be able to give out a lot more info after the National meeting if our proposal is approved.. It will be a big deal if the committee aproves it.. We had not planned to release anything till after the meeting but it is out there now.. We have beeen working on this since about May or June if I remember right..
                  Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Brian, I believe that the Board of Directors has agreed to have a greatly reduced membership fee for those already enrolled in another club that brings proof of their current year membership in that club. However, the $80/annual or $45/weekend membership to NBRA would have to be paid at a race sanctioned by NBRA. We hope to have some exciting news after the NBRA annual meeting in November!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                      Can someone from NBRA tell me the cost of being a racing member? What are the sanction fees for a two day race?

NBRA is only kneel downs, right?

Just asking!
                      NBRA also allows laydowns.. In fact one racer is paralized from the waist down and drives a C mod laydown if I remember right and that is what I run (laydown) do to back and knee problems and AGE

Comment

@ Teresa I will wait til you guys get back and post your info, sounds like you weren't ready for this to go to press yet.

Comment

Welcome all

On a posatve Note , as long as our insurance isn't compromized and we stick to Our Rule Book - Boat racers are welcome at NBRA any time !!!! The more the merrier and power in numbers . We do lean toward the fun side and kick most politics to the curb . We had AN AWESOME YEAR and Saturday night we will Celebrate and be thankful . If it isn't broke don't fix it !!!!
                          Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

Originally posted by BURNINVERNON View Post
                            On a posatve Note , as long as our insurance isn't compromized and we stick to Our Rule Book - Boat racers are welcome at NBRA any time !!!! The more the merrier and power in numbers . We do lean toward the fun side and kick most politics to the curb . We had AN AWESOME YEAR and Saturday night we will Celebrate and be thankful . If it isn't broke don't fix it !!!!

Have a great time at the banquet..Wish we could come

Comment

Congrats

As an NBRA Commissioner, welcome to the organization. The presentation at the meeting was a good one, and it won the votes without any issues. See you in Trout Creek this summer.

I think this merge is a great thing for boat racing. NBRA is projecting the right image for Mod & Stock outboarding. They have the classes presented in a way that appeals to the sponsors, and the spectators. The dues are half of other organizations, the prizes at least twice as good, and the fun.... well.... that is up to you to decide. It will be as fun as you allow it to be. Open minds help.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X